New Series of Transformers needed.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by zero1, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't really care if you respect Hasbro or not. My problem is I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Seiyuu means voice actor. Quite a lucrative gig in Japanese animation of you get good at it and regular work.

Anyway here's a pitch for you: takes place only on Cybertron. The Decepticons have for all intents and purposes taken complete control of the planet. The Autobots exist as small pockets of resistance in various areas specific to their skills. Also, just to add a bit of spice, while Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons and the ruler of the planet, his general in charge of the army....Optimus Prime, his oldest friend and most loyal soldier.

3. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So its just like Beast machines(Up until that last bit)

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I've never seen Beast Machines, the similarity was unintentional. Curses.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Well, arguably the most important part of your pitch is the last part... the "twist" as it were.

So instead, it's Beast Machines + She-Ra. ;) 

zmog

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

maybe cw get tf victory and masterforce

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I think a new series should focus more on Cybertron. We hardly ever see anything of it in any series, and it's almost always desolated when we do.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

In light of that, the real chore would be to make Cybertron actually interesting (it's not, really).

It's hard to make a "mechanical" landscape truly fascinating in its own right. Too often it becomes the barren landscape we've seen so often, or it becomes a poorly thought-out corollary for recognizable Earth culture... and neither of those make for a very credible setting for adventure.

I've never been one of those people who wants to see all-robot TF shows. I think the thing that makes TFs most interesting is the way that they are juxtaposed with mundane, familiar Earth culture and surroundings. This interaction makes them what they are, rather than just a decontextualized series about boxy aliens on their own planet.

zmog

9. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    What ever it is I just hope it's not another Breast cartoon. I honestly thought it was a really bad idea.
    (Disclaimer: I resepct other people's abilities to completely love Beats Wars and other Beast transformer things. It is just like Animated, I'm a huge fan, but some people hate it with a passion. )

10. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

It would be nice if the next animated series is based on Bayformers. One of the reasons the '86 movie worked so well is that it had 2 seasons of episodes behind it. Revenge of the Fallen suffered somewhat by not having backgrounds for the characters. We had to assume the characters weren't too different from other versions seen in different series which isn't good.

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I totally agree, no Breast cartoons. Breast stuff should be live action.

12. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

It could be done with a pretender who is a college student though.

13. zero1

zero1 Emperor of Destruction

I have a good thought. Maybe Sunrise, the Japan animation company which is responsible for Gundam, should be strongly involved w/ upcoming Transformers series. In fact, Sunrise was responsible for the Brave series w/ is sort of Transformers related.

14. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I'd take another anime series, if it was as much fun as Car Robots/RiD. I just want another TF cartoon on the air by 2010, and why the hell can't it air every AFTERNOON? Everything since Cybertron has had an awful morning time slot, once a week, or weekdays at 6 AM. Let's get them on after school so kids can enjoy it like we all did in 84.

I'd also like the next TF cartoon to not feature an animated representation of Sam, Mikaela, Leo, and Lennox's G.I. Joe team kthxbye.

15. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

The premise of Galaxy Force/Cybertron, that is going to other planets in search of something I feel has promise. The original material simply suffered from poor and formulaic writing. The concept could be expanded on so much more, after 25 years and multiple franchises and universes there are a lot of worlds, races and ideas that could be used to create a decent roaming Transformers series. It also avoids the stereotypes of either fighting on Earth or on Cybertron, as well as allowing for different characters with different strengths to shine without convoluted and tacky situations.

But to be honest, as long as it's got a good story and the acting and animation aren't terrible I'll make do with whatever I get.

16. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

PArt of me wants to agree with that. On the other hand, that generally means much hastier writing and animation, and that's not usually so good.