New ROTB Bumblebee figure?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by rikaldomario, Dec 6, 2022.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I know but I don't see this version really selling out everywhere so he should be easy to get. And if not a normal Camaro Bumblebee will definitely be on the way and if that version isn't painted then I'll just get it cause I prefer the non-Off Road look and will paint it myself. We also still have the mainline ROTB Bee to see so that might be the one I get.

2. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

Kid’s gonna run from the theater and snatch this bee up… I’ll pass. Hasbro has done better. I already have a decent bee. Maybe on clearance for the New Vehicle mode for display.

3. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    They have indeed done a bit better with other Bee's. I'm gonna wait and see if a normal Camaro version has more paint on it face wise or if the mainline one looks better especially since this has become probably my favorite live action Bumblebee design.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 2fabdad

I love the new vehicle mode. An Off-road Classic Camaro is bad azz! I’m just getting off $30 bill for another bee with less paint and no wrist articulation. I need better than what I already have to justify the expense.

• Like Like x 3
  5. wings

wings Well-Known Member

There is no point for me to argue about whether this bee is going to get sold out or not (if i don't get it now) since it's all speculation at this point. Having said that i highly doubt a bee figure doesn't get sold out (either that or you pay for one with stupid price in the after market).

6. 2fabdad

Bee will clog shelves like he always does… especially movie bee. There has been so many.
    The Bees that sell are always the ones that offer something new and improved.

7. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    The wrist swivel thing doesn't bug me since most SS figures don't have that. Wish he had then but not surprised. The lack of paint on that face is what kills it to me. The Off-Road look is cool just for a toy of a Off-Road Bumblebee, I expect those parts not to disappear to the back to because hidden basically on the robot mode. I was hoping it'd be like that one tiny gimmick toy Bee where it's still on the front of his chest. But yeah paints whats hurting this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. wings

wings Well-Known Member

Maybe that is in your area but not where I live. I rarely seen any bee figures in my area. And this one has better transformation so in your way of reasoning then this would definitely get sold out.

9. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Bumblebee on shelves I think is definitely something that might be hard to find on shelves for sure. Luckily online he shouldn't be to hard to get.

10. 2fabdad

I wanted bee movie Wheeljack so bad. When he didn’t have wrist articulation for swords I was bummed… I let it go and decided to get him… then I found out his wings were attached to the back of his shoulders and Not his back… I gave up and passed. SS should be premium and command the line. Almost there but just not quite doesn’t cut in in present day… and NOT at 30$. 19.99 is cost cutting to keep prices down. Any higher it’s just gouging

11. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    That sucks cause he's a great figure so I would really recommend still getting him.

I dislike that the wings aren't on his back but that is movie accurate so I can't complaint to much. SS is the generations line (WFC, Legacy) for movie stuff not premium but their mainline that they do. That being said I think some of them are more worth it that some MPM's. And that's why I still like buying figures in stores since at my local Target, Deluxes are still $22.99.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2fabdad

That’s a disturbing issue as in Store management not ordering enough products and not a demand thing. If they only get 2-3 cases with 4-5 bee and 20 kids and 3 collectors want it… then you get the every other figure has already sold out… even grandma knows who Bumblebee is and Buys one for the Grandbaby.

13. wings

wings Well-Known Member

That's more or less my comment to 2fabdads's post (he said:...Bee will clog shelves like he always does… especially movie bee...). Getting it online for NOW certainly but as I said I highly doubt it for later.

14. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    In stores he will be hard to find, but online not immediately hard to get. Cause the TF1 version is still available on Amazon, and the ROTF version is still available a year later on BBTS for retail and also Hasbro Pulse. But maybe I'll be wrong.

15. 2fabdad

Buy online. I recommend if you want it Buy it Now and don’t wait. You may not find it in your area. In my area we got Shelves clogged with little movement. Toy management won’t clearance products. They just want the Pegs filled.

we got 2 Bee movie Wheeljacks in last week(Pre movie hype) for ROTB. I may pick him up. I need a Cybertronian Wheeljack and love the design. I hate the wing position… if it’s accurate to the movie I’ll forgive it for sure.

16. wings

wings Well-Known Member

How about the jeep and the beetle bumblebee? I just don't see myself paying stupid price for these. Unfortunately I have no interest in the TF1 or ROTF bee (don't like their head design).

17. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

It's just another mainline. A lot of people, especially the people who only jumped onto SS when it started doing G1, have this arbitrary self-concieved idea that these figures which cost the same as figures from any other mainline should meet higher expectations as "collectors' items" or something, but the fact is it's just another mainline.

Would I argue that the price hikes in recent years warrant higher expectations considering it's highly likely these price hikes aren't due to production becoming more expensive as much as Hasbro just wanting to keep their profit curve from flattening as much as possible? Perhaps. But that's a whole separate topic.

Studio Series is just another mainline.

• Like Like x 3
  18. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I don't love it but once I saw it was accurate I gave it a little more of a pass.

IDK how easy it is to see but in movie this is the best and only time you see it.
    EFE07B8D-CF7C-478F-B124-896AC988E223.jpeg D65E4F41-752E-40B3-AFF6-159210B4E756.jpeg
    Easier to see in the Breadown vid from ILM.
    C086E05B-DA69-4C06-B3DD-B208D5430B0E.jpeg
    The difference is they aren’t the same design style and alt mode again. They are different looking and the VW Bee is from 2018 so that’s not suprising. And TF1 and TF2 Bee where made sooner than those two.

• Like Like x 4
  19. 2fabdad

I have both. They were at retail for months around here. Even Netflix VW bee when on clearance for 9$ at Walmart one town over. I bought mine day one. He’s great. Jeep is finicky but if you love bee go for it.
    The Jeep Bee was fully clogged at my Walmart for at least a month. They eventually sold without having Togo on clearance. This new bee will be full up at my Walmart for sure. Ever time I go to Walmart to get something New another case of Wave 1 movie toys will get stocked. For a year. It’s a distribution issue or Management issue. I buy online only now if I want something bad enough.

20. wings

wings Well-Known Member

I don't see your point, if it gets sold out it gets sold out... (and they are still bee figures...)