New robot face seen during the Chicago filming...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cryptwire, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

The point is that Wheeljack's original head design would fit the movie aesthetic with some tweaking.

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:

The way I see it's the "Go'fers" (go for anything transformer related) that are worse then the ones they claim are whining!

It's always, "Hey guys come on, forget opinions, it's Transformers, you've gotta love it"

And when that doesn't fly it's "You guys are so petty these figures/movies/cartoons are all awesome and your all pathetic! Go look in the mirror"

So the question is, are people able to "not" like something here?

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Once again, go tell that to G1 A3, Wreck-gar, Scourge and Animated Mixmaster, Wheeljack, Wreckgar and Preceptor.....

First six have "hair" while the other has glasses.

4. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

Wheeljack was the first name that came to mind when I saw the picture...but I could also see an professor-ish character being voiced by James Avery making me think Silverbolt could be a possibility as well. Random thought and it's a stretch, but maybe Silverbolt/Wheeljack (whichever) aided the United States during the Space Race similar to how Einstein aided the United States during WW2.

5. Hyena

Hyena Dravencon Attendee

I don't think it's a case of having to like it or hate it. But no one is even giving it a chance yet. I've seen people saying they hate the whole movie and how they refuse to see it just because of one face?

My opinion is that people should see it finished and THEN make a well informed decision as to whether people like it or not. Maybe this character will be great. maybe they will be terrible. We just can't tell for sure yet.

6. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

I can't lie...that just looks ridiculous. I don't see why they're working on more Skids/Mudflap face designs instead of more "traditional" movie faces. I would like to see some more robots I could take seriously as soldiers and not this goofy-looking design.

7. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well technically Jetfire doubled as the role of Kup, with old, crotchety attitude. So I'm not too surprised Kup's going to be left out of the movie.

8. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I think people who have judged this film on one head design never really planned to give it a chance anyway

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Welcome to Bayformers.

10. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Thinking about it, this could be a quintesson type, and not a transformer at all

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Why can't they have more gray human faces in bucket helmets? Maybe with a mohawk, or forehead crest. That'd be something really unique.

12. Autobot_Hiphop

Autobot_Hiphop Well-Known Member

I like it, hope the hair turns out to be fiber optic cables that light up. That would be cool...

Oh well, it seems like 99.9% of the members on this board HATE everything Bay does.

I seem to be one of the very few that like these bay movies.

I thought Jetfire was cool, I like the twins, and I'm looking forward to this Great Scott! Doc Brown transformer

13. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, now they are announcing that it is not Kup.
    Well, if this is part of the mis-information campaign, we should have the confirmation this it is Kup within a day or two if we stay true to form with the other elements of misinformation (no twins, no Megatron, etc.)

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I don't see how someone asking if it's Kup(for no real reason) and being told it isn't qualifies as an announcement.

15. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah.

News Credits:
    Three. I guess I wasn't entirely clear in my first post. I actually really like this design. Lots of obvious personality and I can pretty easily peg him as the crazy old man scientist of the group (which means the design is anything but generic).

The ridiculous thing (or it is sad?) is that if this design had been in Animated, a good portion of this fandom would be gushing about how awesome it is. But it's Bay's creation? It must be destroyed.

16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Give it another chance huh...

Yeah the 3rd one is the charm right...?

WRONG!

Full me once with gorilla arms and chicken legs and it's shame on you!
    Full me twice with the Jar Jar & Bink twins and it's shames on me!
    Full me thrice with promises that this one will be better then the first two while leaking images of metal Muppets in the same breath is so not gonna happen.

Worse case scenario, I'll watch a friends rental or something.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    This also fits Wheeljack really well; remember, this was the Autobot weapons engineer who blew himself up with his own creations nearly as much as they blew up Decepticons.

18. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's speculation that the Chicago scenes will take place at the end of the movie. There is the possibility that this image is based on a "battle-damaged" model of the character. There's nothing to say that this guy, if he is Wheeljack, doesn't start out wearing a helmet with clear enclosures to hold his "hair" in. Or he could also have a battle mask that covers his mouth and protects his "hair" from being pulled while in close combat.

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think because it confirms the worse fears of the fans of wheeljack.

In that he resembles the god awful looking twins quite a bit.

Otherwise I would agree with you why would a non confirmation be a headline.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.