New RID scenes on YouTube

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ironguymanpie, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Anyone know who voices Brisque? He sounds like Animated Bumblebee.

2. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

So far I think she's awesome :D 

3. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

I read someone say it's the same voice actor for Grimlock, who is Khary Payton. I think...

4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Of course not! She's the first non-feminine fembot since Strika.

5. vatarian

vatarian Hive Princess

And yet she still looks good, and she doesn't read as "male" to me at all. Proof that we don't need robooty or boobies.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    That's not really true at all but sure.

7. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    I didn't say people would hate him. I was merely noting the similarity of the appearances and mannerisms.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Nice. Khray Payton has some good range.

I mean, he was Killer Croc in Arkham Origins.

9. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

Since when was Grimlock a con? Technically doesn't RID follow the continuity of aligned (and namely Prime)? Where Grimlock is a war hero? Not saying I won't adapt to the change, but it feels out of place considering Grimlock's position this continuity...

I mean, I know about Hasbro's squint test and all that, but that's like taking Batman and making his parents former criminals who got shot on the heist...Sort of changes the character.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Aligned. Never. Existed.

11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I like Grimlock being Green. I just don't know if I can get used to that because he seems more like a Bulkhead replacement (green and being the big clumsy grunt) than being a fiersome Dinobot. That said, I do like him enough to give it a chance.

Sideswipe looks sweet! But once again, why does Hasbro neglect to include his cooler bro, Sunstreaker? I want the number to Hasbro's complaint department!

Bumblebee is cool. As are Drift and the girly version of Prowl with a manly body.

And now we have robots with eyebrows. I don't know why that looks so weird to me. lol. It shouldn't but, it does.

12. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    You can repeat yourself as much as you like but it does not make your statement valid in any way.Who do you honestly believe fans will believe? Hasbro, who have creative control over what goes into a story (approving and otherwise), or fans who are just going to argue of trivial matters for whatever reason.

Our word means nothing when arguing against Hasbro's. In the end, their word is law for Transformers. What they say goes. And if they say the Aligned continuity exists, it exists. Period.

13. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Why the hell is Grimlock a Con, have the writers forgotten that this is a 'direct sequel' to Transformers Prime, where Grimlock is the leader of the Dinobots and is an Autobot himself. o_O 

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    The general theory is he was brainwashed or brain-damaged so that his memory was wiped and he can't remember stuff. Sounds fairly faithful to his PRIME bio to me. And he's a lot lighter about it than expected, so that's a good sign for this show.

15. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

Grimlock's a bloody goofball in this. Also, I can't wait for this show to start and for people to start picking it apart. The way people here moan about Prime, you'd think it was the worst thing ever, at least since the last "worst" thing that had happened in the Transformers franchise.

Also, "We need to be ROBOTS IN DISGUISE." Jesus Christ, I haven't cringed that hard for a while.

16. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Well...not exactly. First on screen perhaps, but there's been a few non-supermodel females in between.

Even if you take that stance, or the "Same continuity family, different continuity" approach, one of the story co-ordinators/probable writers for this show spent a year of her life tying the Dinobots ino the show (to the point where the final issues of the comic include Bumblebee, Arcee and Bulkhead), including a brief mention of them in an episode and generally creating a continuity where the Dinobots already exist. I don't think they HAVE to match up, but you can deny the existence of a car. IT's still going to run you over.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Brain damage or brainwashed is the general idea going around about Grimlock now...

Does that mean Starscream and Megatron were brainwashed? Because Megatron pissed off gallivanting around the Galaxy looking for 'Dark Energon', the very same stuff that took the entire first mission of WFC to infuse himself with....

Then when he returned with a shard, Screamer hadn't a clue what it would do to him, or what it was, considering he was in charge of the Orbital station, where ya' know, it existed...

18. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Now, see, I don't recall Grimlock ever being in Transformers Prime. so I'm not sure that's accurate.

19. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can I sig that, please?

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Kind of wish they had gone with a different name for the series since it feels like we need to call it something like Robots in Disguise 2015 to keep from getting it confused with Robots in Disguise 2001 or the other Robots in Disguise toy line.