New RID scenes on YouTube

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ironguymanpie, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Orion72

Orion72 Well-Known Member

Looks good, cant wait to watch it with my little ones.

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    So, Grimlock now turns into....Godzilla? Cool! :thumb  :lol 

3. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

This is crap...the characters are all kiddy, the acting is horrible, Bisque's personality is the type that should never be in any version of Transformers...ever, and even the fights are cheesy. How do they make fight scenes, which require no really major acting, cheesy?

The framerate on the animation is on a level acceptable only in a stopmotion, too, but that's the least of my concerns. I do not write any version of TF off as stupid until I've seen enough of it to form a conclusion...and with these two clips here I've formed mine.

This is the worst version of TF in recent years by far, and is an even less worthy follow-up to TFP than Predacons Rising was.

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Local assistant deity

News Credits:
    I'm really loving how this show is looking.

The voices, the look of the characters, very cool. :) 

5. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because apparently a LOT of folks missed it...

His name is spelled B-I-S-K.

BISK.

-ZacWilliam, we have the official spelling from the Kreo press release..

6. X-Arachnis

X-Arachnis Well-Known Member

Um... I am left wondering why nobody even gives Bee an odd look when he states Optimus gave him this mission... Right, totally sane that Bumblebee still takes orders from his dead leader...

7. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would suggest "Autobots roll for it!" and Will is awesome I like him

8. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, it's a small clip. It's entirely possible that was addressed in any of the parts from the episodes they haven't shown.

It's clearly not their first meeting in either clip.

9. H.E.X.-BRAVE

H.E.X.-BRAVE Well-Known Member

still not sure if the plot is an intentional spoof on the Power Rangers franchise, along with on how the characters being portrayed :lol 

10. Jus09

Jus09 Well-Known Member

Bisk may be the dumbest design I've ever seen for a Decepticon. Lobster claws? Fine. Lobster eyes? That's pushing it.

11. Zarmat

Zarmat Well-Known Member

I like what I've seen so far, of course like most of you I'm more intrigue about Grimlock. I can accept that the Prime/RID story doesn't share it history with the Games but there was the Comic series featuring the Prime Dinobots which was suppose to be in the Prime universe, even having them there during the reformatting of Cybertron, so like most people have been saying this is either a different Grimlock or the same just with a new look and an identity issue.

I hope it is the origional Grimlock since I have already starting thinking of possible stories for him. For starters he might be a Decepticon now and rebuilt due to running into Shockwave after the events of the Prime Movie and Comics and being brainwashed which might also explain why he doesn't have a vehicle mode, he may not be able to scan one due to what was done to him.

I can see this particular story arc stretching across a good portion of the first series anyway and my bets also that Shockwave is behind the appearance of these beast looking Decepticons, may have been some attempt at rewriting their CNA to make them more stronger and easier to control.

12. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would be interesting if Grimlock can't scan a new vehicle form, and is stuck as a dino.

13. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Bumblebee and Strongarm look like easily the most interesting characters of the series.

I can't judge Sideswipe properly yet, since his character isn't really elaborated on in these two clips.

I'm still not overly fond of his design, but I'm interested to see how he's developed as an ex-Decepticon, though it kind of kills Prime's connection to the War for/Fall of Cybertron games.

Fixit... actually looks like a funny character. I'm genuinely surprised. I thought he'd be another Wheelie, but no. I'm actually entertained by him. The choppy animation even works for his character

I don't mind having comic relief villains for a more childish approach. I loved Waspinator in Beast Wars, Blitzwing in Animated, and even Starscream in Beast Hunters. Bisk, or Bisque, or however the hell you spell his name just annoys me. I don't get the choice for his design, and he brags about taking down Autobots who aren't even properly down. Like Fixit, though, I do think the animation works for his character. I don't understand the point of all the Decepticons in this series being animal-like, though.

Of course, the animation is still "meh", and while it works for Bisk/Bisque and Fixit, it's too choppy to work for Bumblebee, Strongarm, Sideswipe, and Grimlock. I hope it becomes more fluid by RID's second season.

14. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I hope Bisque gets TURNED INTO bisque. I really find him annoying... :( 

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I was staring at the first 2 pics and thinking "huh? I don't see anything, Waffles must be imagining things"
    Then I scrolled down. :dunce 

But I'm happy to see it return, too.

16. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Well Like TF Animated did, it's kinda doing a loose tie in with AOE...

2007 TF movie happened, then TF Animated which drew inspiration from the movie (Team of Autobots trying to keep the Allspark out of Decepticon hands, Megatron out of action, but then comes back, etc...)

TF: RID- Continues the Prime story line, but adds a "prison ship that had Grimlock on board"...

Bisque is ...zany... That's the best way I can put it...
    Strongarm seems like a girl version of Chase from Rescue Bots...

Like a lot of people I can't praise or condemn this series based on 2 clips. I'm a big fan of Prime, so I'll give this a chance...

Just a thought... Who is the demo for this show? The kids just a little too old to like Rescue Bots?

17. ZacWilliam

News Credits:
    As Hasbro explained it:

Prime got passable ratings among older/teenish kids and geeks, but it ONLY got them.

Rescue Bots, on the other hand, got great ratings among its little kid audience, but ALSO got really, really good "crossover ratings" among medium kids, and older kids as well, and geeks, and parents. Basically whole families were watching and enjoying it together.

THAT is what Hasbro has said they are specifically aiming at with this. They're bringing an older aimed show in a more Rescue Bot direction (Bright, Fun) trying to capture the "all ages can watch and love it together" demo appeal that RB has in a show centered for their primary audience.

-ZacWilliam, So their target demo is the regular TF toy buying kids with a strong effort to pull in everyone else too and be truly an "all ages" show.

18. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

It's depressing to see so many people like this. With the quality of the toys & the cartoons going down the drain I was hoping there would be something bad enough so that everybody would stand together & say "NO! Enough is enough!" & let Hasbro know that they can't just throw any old shit at us. They need to do better & put some real effort behind their product. But you guys like anything & everything. Even those godawful Titan Heroes seem to be selling because they won't stop making them.

Uggghhhh!!!! I give up!:puke: 

19. ZacWilliam

News Credits:

Unless you're a 6 to 11 year old boy Hasbro isn't really throwing any of this at you at all.

-ZacWilliam, And so many folks like it because it looks really bright and fun which, at least imo, is great. I wish this would start airing tomorrow and I could go buy these toys right now. :) 

20. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know Prime wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I found it refreshing that a transformers show took itself seriously... for once. And THIS is a continuation of that?!!? This feels more like an unofficial continuation of Animated. And to make matters worse, my biggest problem with the franchise since the 2007 movie is now the main focus of the show. It's starting to look more and more like this will be the same as Animated in my eyes. Everyone will tell me how much better written it is, I will concede, but I will have no desire to watch the show.