New RID Deluxes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Nov 10, 2016.

1. God Ginrai

God Ginrai Energon Enthusiast

There has yet to be a single character with a Warrior class toy, let alone toys in multiple size classes, to not appear in the cartoon.

2. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    Pretty much. So far every mold hasbro has released was in the cartoon at least once.

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fun.  I wish these were easier to find, but glad to see more. Hopefully we see a Thundercracker too!

4. l0te

l0te Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Now why couldn\'t they have just gone with this kind of lineup from day one? So much garbage preceeding these. Warrior Blurr and Soundwave look great.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I gotta say, that warrior soundwave is pretty rad!

6. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Suddenly, wishing for an Animated influenced Omega Supreme became a whole lot more feasible.
    Loving these! Can't wait to see what else is in store for the line in the future if it keeps up this great work!

Warrior Class Cyclonus (When made) is definitely going on my Animated shelf.

Pretty sure Blastwave and Bludgeon are the same character, but when he switches to decepticons from starting out as an Autobot, he changes colors and name. Probably has ties to Drift too.

7. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those all look pretty awesome, though I'm bummed that they're breaking away from the animal inspired Decepticons for pretty much the same old characters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i gotta tell you this line started out kinda luke warm...some nice autobots but no cons. things looked in line with the show but didn't have a lot of substance. but damn have they turned this into a fun line. the ratchet and windblade were cool enough but now?

bludgeon actually looks really cool..the design is sweet and the colors are nice

twinfero looks fun. his alt mode kinda reminds me of gundam epyon a little so i may get him for giggles

soundwave...wow...that...that's a must have for me that soundwave is sick hopefully the warrior comes with a laserbeak as well

skywarp looks good and will be a great figure..that starscream is really fun and i hope this means a thundercracker is on the horizon

blurr...though not for me the homage is pretty sweet considering RiD and rescue bots are int he same universe i'm hoping some of the RB cast could trickle in as well....could be a step closer to a mainline integration of the RB crew.

i like this line..they keep cranking out new figures that make me excited...i'm glad it's not all about TR at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah, was thinking the same, he's very much Rescue Bots Blurr. Which makes sense... he should be, given that they're the same continuity.

I'm really liking these. Soundwave looks like a perfect 50/50 blend between his Prime and FOC designs (I only wish the Warrior version incorporated Laserbeak). Bludgeon looks great... though I'm not sure who's gonna buy Blastwave now. Twinferno, with his dragon-jet mode, is ridiculous and fun. I wonder if he'll be remolded into Slugslinger, he has a serious Slugslinger vibe going on.

So I think I'm in for these.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that's the only way to get him then so be it.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Firstly, UGH, we didn't need more G1. RID is... Sorry, was the only line trying something different. I mean, Soundwave was just about the only semi original idea TFP thought up, and now they're dropping it for a more G1 version. Then again, I guess they never really did anything with TFP Soundwave, in either show. Plus, this toy does look pretty cool, although its lack of Minicons is just plain wrong.

Secondly, is that Blurr from Rescue Bots? Didn't they just have an episode where he decided to pass up on joining team Bee?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Really really really loving this combination of Animated/WFC/Prime all rolled into one.
    Excited for the line's future. And the future storylines now too. With Soundwave showing up, does that mean Megatron's return is even closer than expected?
    Or is this his alt-mode when he gets freed from the between dimensions 'phantom zone' he's in?
    I still think Monstructor might be the decepticon combiner for this season, but this really bodes well for the season after having a Devastator.
    And it's really neat to flesh out Animated displays with RID if you're not collecting RID directly itself.

13. grindcore138

grindcore138 Strong children! Childlike fish! Seaconsuuu!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I don't collect RID but wow, there are some really cool designs in there, if I still had my Prime collection I might even have been tempted to pick up a few of them.
    Soundwave looks awesome, he's like a mix of his G1, Animated, WFC, and Prime designs. That must be the most homages to a character in one toy at least in a while.
    Bludgeon looks rad, and oh my god, Twinferno! I have no idea what the thinking behind that design is but it's completely absurd and I love it.
    Like, if he had normal arms they'd just go alongside the body under the wings and it'd be a perfectly passable stealth jet-esque alt-mode, but it's as if the designer got done and thought "na, there's still something missing here" and after much deliberation decided what this new jet guy really needed is Doublecross style dragon head arms despite them making zero sense for either mode like "Yeah, that's the one". He'd better appear in the show, and not just as a one episode guest either.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, there is nothing here I'm not excited for. Except maybe the 1 step Blurr and 3 step Soundwave but that's mainly because of the other figures they're getting. I think the warrior Soundwave is probably my favorite of the group.

15. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

More G1-inspired stuff... Yay.

To be honest, I don't feel much surprise with those new molds, They look like good molds and all. I mean Twinferno's Dragon Bomber is rather awesome and his color scheme downright deviates from his original grey color scheme, Along with BEEF TRUCK Soundwave being a thing (Hope He gets redecoed in Machine Wars colors.), plus Blurr being part of the Bee Team? I mean, he gets a classic color scheme, but it be cool if he had his rescue bots colors first THEN the obligatory G1 color scheme. don't get me wrong but...
    Yeah, they don't seem to SURPRISE me all that much me cuz' it's kinda your typical G1 homaging stuff you get like in every line these days anyways.

Skywarp is a straight up Black Repaint of Starscream, that's nice. And We get a nother Bludgeon, cuz' Hasbro needs more of that guy for his fans.

Yeah, it's a cool wave and all, but it feels like it's kinda getting rather mundane by this point.

16. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    Shit.
    Seems like I\'m gonna have to save some major money for these. I\'m honestly?? Speechless? These toys look so good...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fallout

Fallout content in the same old schtick again

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    boy, the designs in this line went from 0-100 real fast. these guys look great, especially blurr.

so weird we're getting a generations doublecross and an RID version in a 2-year span.

soundwave, bludgeon, seekers all showing up is awesome. love the cartoony G1 look they all have.

it's nice that we're getting a properly alien looking laserbeak too

cyclonus is definitely out of left field too

please don't have end of line syndrome... i want soundwave and bludgeon.

18. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    now that you mention it, it does seem to be a bit of pandering to the "hardcore G1ers that'll buy most any homage/update, as opposed to "doing it's own thing" which has been what RiD'15 has been (mostly) about until now.

19. CrimsonMagnus

CrimsonMagnus Well-Known Member

This new soundwave design, I love how it mixes transformers prime (the head) with g1 (the rest of the body) but it does also give me an animated feel with the whole beefiness of it

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest I would rather see that Blurr mold retooled as Smokescreen, because Wheeljack already has a really good toy and Smokescreen's figure really sucks in my opinion.