New Rescue Bots Bumblebee race-car

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by griffin-of-oz, Oct 15, 2022.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    That's right, another Rescue Bots packaged toy from Hasbro, while they are already a year into releasing "Classic Heroes Team" toys without "Rescue Bots" labeling on them.
    It's the toyline that just refuses to die...

I found at the store yesterday a "Rescan" sized Bumblebee toy that had a race car alt-mode that I didn't recall seeing done in yellow (I remembered it from a Hotshot toy in 2020, but didn't think it had been done as a Bumblebee before).

I checked the product number, and sure enough, it was newer than most of the toys released this year in Classic Heroes Team packaging.
    And the really interesting thing that I noticed, was that the "Rescue Bots" packaged Ratchet toy from earlier this year, has a consecutive number to three of the "Classic Heroes Team" packaged toys, suggesting that these toys are being designed by one department at Hasbro, and then some other department is deciding later how to release them, either as Rescue Bots or as Classic Heroes Team... and, even splitting them up across different waves too...

Optimus Primal (CHT) - F4442
    Grimlock (CHT) - F4443
    Megatron Tank (CHT) - F4444
    Ratchet (RBA) - F4445
    -
    Bumblebee race car (RBA) - F4637
    Megatron Gater (CHT) - F6201
    Starscream (CHT) - F7287 (listed on the Canadian Amazon listing posted here in a different news topic)

Notice that, even though the two Megatron toys were released together about a month ago, the Tank Megatron had a product number that suggests that it was developed at the same time as Primal, Grimlock and Ratchet, but were then released in three different ways (Primal and Grimlock in wave 1 of pure CHT packaging, Megatron in wave 2 CHT packaging, and Ratchet in RBA packaging).
    The other interesting thing is that here in Australia, one retailer seems to be the the only still getting these Rescue Bots Academy toys, while other retailers here appear to be getting the Classic Heroes Team toys.

As for this new Bumblebee toy, it has a new head on the 2020 Hotshot toys, and a remolded chest to give Bumblebee a normal Autobot logo, instead of the Rescue Bots logo. Everything else appears to be the same.

2022km42.jpg
    . 2022km43.jpg
    . 2022km44.jpg .
    2022km45.jpg

From last month when the two Megatrons were released together in CHT packaging at a different retailer here in Australia... which means that these two toylines of "Rescue Bots" toys must have been released at the same time from Hasbro. 2022bw23.jpg

• Like Like x 4