New Reprolabels Set for TFC Exgraver!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shadowbreaker, Sep 6, 2011.

1. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I've wanted the chain bases for awhile, now, and collect enough diverse action figures, that they don't have to be used just for Transformers. I just got motivated to get them now because Skywarp's setup looked so good. I may not even have space for them on my TF shelf.

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I just got this set today and I must say it is even better in person. The stickers are very reflective and suit the nature of the alt mode very well. I didn't apply all of the stickers, but I have used most of them (more than I expected to) and I really like how it turned out. It really does look even better in person and the photos don't do it justice. I'm really digging the new look (hehe, terrible, I know).

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    -6 trumpets
    -6 new G1 heads
    -weapons upgrade kits
    -CD add ons
    -someone mentioned new hands so why not

I think if we come together as a community and try hard enough we can get this set to be over $1000 when all is said and done.

Oh and because you get this...I am sure we can anticipate BBTS adding $20 to each of the last three figures, so add another $60 to the total lol.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    if the figures will be 1000$ 60 bucks is a drop in the bucket :p  just to play devil's advocate.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Actually to continue on the path that Alucard started in another thread a few days ago.

$20 is 20% price hike. But judging by the responce Alucard did get by his comments, people are totally ok with price hikes and 20% seems to be nothing.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    That's an oversimplified statement of that discussion, stated slightly biased, Transbot ;)  BUT alas, I don't have time right now to give the detail so people see a more balanced view.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh it has to do with the $4 price hike on Kickback.

I read the thread and agree with Alucard and can't believe the excuses people make to defend the vender. What did I learn? The whole "price decrease" portion of the 3rd party era is goign to take a lot longer to arrive. People are willing to pay anything for anything and GOD FORBID that that something is good cuz then they sky;s the limit on price.

8. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    and Turbo Blue

yeah, totally agree...how people can defend venders taking their money is just, strange?

it'd be like getting mugged, then explaining it to co-workers the next day...

"well, the mugger has fallen on hard times...it cost more for that guy to put gas in his car to come mug me...plus he had to buy a new gun, and lord KNOWS ammo prices are skyrocketing" :rolleyes: 

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Don't want to turn this topic into it as well, but like I said probably way earlier: you could have gotten Exgraver for 85$ shipped to US, or if I was in HK right now, I could have gotten it for 77$. That's not a price hike at all. The hike isn't with TFC anyways.

Value is in the eye of the beholder as well, as always. 3rd party stuff may have insane prices, but if you buy smart, all of your money are "returnable", or even profitable. So I don't see pricing as the matter, at least not this moment. If BBTS was too expensive? go to another store. If online stores are too expensive? Go to those contacts that we have here that can get it cheaper for you. I mean. This has to be a case by case basis.

Have I personally ever thought a 3rd party is too expensive? Yeah. That's why I didn't buy them. Doesn't take a genius to make that decision, but after someone say a few times that its too expensive b/c of xyz, the argument is getting old and boring. It's the same few arguments.

The point is that, you made your point, but making that same point in almost every post isn't serving the cause, imo. Just making it sound annoying. I mean, at this point, bringing up the price insults to online retailers with no new evidence nor situation that warrents the insults would just make you seem bitter and taking "low blows" whenever possible.

You know how it goes right? Like if someone really dislike you, at every point they can in a conversation they give you "low blows" to insult you. It's real shitty.

that's my rant anyways. It seems like most popular 3rd party threads are littered with "cost" arguments and the conspiracy of online retailers. Hercules is even more blend, STILL with people talking about height, boxsets, projected jacked up cost with no evidence. (Yes, I am looking at you transbot ;)  )

Come on, lay it off a lit while on the price and come back to it a few weeks later when and if there is evidence.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    In the same way, I can't believe how people are accusing venders jacking up their price for no reason but profit WITHOUT concrete evidence.

It's like being a real cheap bastard that wants to pay as minimal as possible without considering anyone else but themselves, then explaining to his coworker the next day "well, I have fallen on hard times and I want to be as cheap as possible"

... the example makes no sense right? Just like yours. Its equally irelevent to the point being made.

Don't judge without concrete evidence. By concrete evidence, I mean evidence that shows that NO OTHER explanation aside from (in this case) "they jacked it up ALL FOR PROFIT and nothing else" will make the logic flow.

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Oh god not this again. LOL, look what I started and not even in this thread.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    It's not you ;) 

I don't mind taking a balanced point of view. I want to neither praise nor condemn BBTS or other online retailers for their actions, because I know very little from what is going on, and evidence only suggests to me that there are many other factors that COULD be involved.

I hate comments to blindly (or almost blindly) praise or insults a group without the evidence to back it up absolutely. Assumption is the mother of all F*** ups, and people should realize that golden rule.

Watch, soon we will get a mod saying "back to the topic pl0x"

So ON TOPIC, I think this set is still a bit overdone, BUT I will probably buy and apply some of it to break up the green on Exgraver.

13. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Ahh, but there is no evidence that can be found. It is all just speculation. Everything really is from both sides. There is no way to know factory costs, shipping rates, currency conversion rates or anything. We as purchasers have no tangible evidence either way. It is impossible to do so unless someone who leaves BBTS or TFSource come on here and state their case.

I do have to say though, that my side of the argueement has more possible proof then the alternate side of the argueement based off of:
    - Previous instances where the same issue occured
    - Previous shaddy business practices from these companies
    - Huge profit being made on items that you can tell is being made (amazon Unicron)

It's like Barry Bonds. Did he do Steroids? Well you will never know. But then you can look at the body of work and the evidence before you and make a decision on what you think.

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You are absolutely right. I can agree with you: Both sides are speculation. I stated that my reasonings were speculations in the past, I think =)

And you are right, we have no way of knowing. So I prefer not to swing one side or another.

Previous shady business practices from the companies... is that proven? Aside from the TFsource fiasco, I haven't heard of anything from BBTS and others.

Can you clarify "huge proft being made on items that you can tell is being made" part?

Edit:; I see what you mean by the Unicron part. You are referring to BBTS buying some of Amazon's stock and selling it for their own, am I right? I honestly don't know their own policy about that, but I don't see anything wrong. If they brought EVERYTHING and then sold it at 20$ hike, I can see what you mean. But I see this as relatively no difference than buying Botcon sets, or Dengeki Exclusives. It's not like Amazon Unicron isn't on Amazon for a while.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Shady business practice was TFSource as you mentioned.

With Amazon Unicron, you can see that they are make 50% straight profit on that figure. Would you say that you think that is the only item they make straight 50% profit on? Are you ok with a company charging 50% increases to you? That is BBTS.

Also, there is evidence in the past where BBTS raised their prices and days later TFSource jacked up theirs as well. Transbot pointed that out to me and I was skeptical at first. But this proves it.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    So....who's all on board in buying Hercules?? lol

I've given up on prices. As Exo said you don't like it, there are options. The point we are at is lower pirce, less customer service vs higher price, impecible customer service.
    At the end we will vote with our wallets and I am sure is the North American companies keep up with the price hikes consumers will move on to other trusted Asian sites.

That was with Encore Devi. TFSource posted first at $109.00 then BBTS posted(same day) for $119.99. TFSource (same day) quickly adjusted their price to match BBTS higher price. What more proof do you need? TFSource was going to make enough profit to be more than happy with the 109 price. Oh wait BBTS has this magic store with the highest rental pricves and the highest paid employees in all of North America so they need to have those high prices. BALH!

Back on topic. To those who like the stickers for that G1 feel, great. For me? I only like my stickets on G1 for nastolgic reasons, I was happen when they moved to paint apps.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yes, please. Back on topic. I am all for it.

I still think I will pass on stickers. I think Alternators really needed them to give them that G1 look. But for the most part I prefer paint apps to stickers. My alternator Prowl stickers are already starting to peel.

Not to mention this looks bad ass even without the stickers.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    For amazon Unicron, if its still on amazon, I have nothing to worry about (aside from the fact that I got one already). By straight profit, are you taking into account storage house rentals, workers salary, etc? Even if it is "straight profit", there are plenty of that going on in Japan exclusive as well. EVEN if you get a proxy service. How much is the company making after subtracting the appropriate expenses such as what I mentioned SHOULD be a positive number. If not, the company might as well as not form. The purpose of any company = earn profit. I am not hiding away from company purpose = profit, but I am saying in combination of everything, what you said isn't "evidence", its speculation on profit, and it depends on what you consider as "profit". (relative for everyone it seems).

TFSource already had their background undermined by that incident, but I think we are going after shady business of one store and applying it to all. Although, for some reason, it seems like no one considers the alternatives, like RK and other smaller stores. If the bigger ones are that problematic for you in principle, you can support the smaller stores though. I know I do.

Edit:: AND I posted this after TRansbot's "suprisingly unbias" post on getting back to topic: I am going to get some caution stickers up on him. debating on the face plate and how easier it is upon removal,.

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    EXO I only cause shit when I want to. I really am a level headed functioning member of society...really, I swear it.

I want to go back to Alucards point about just how much this will end up costing.

Im not keen on the base sets that everyone is on about but I will admit they are sweet. Trumpets I can do without, I chalk that up to the same type of jest as Erector is.
    Stickers? I know there is a group with in the fandom that loves repolabels...to them I say, I hope these sets satisfy your needs.

One thing I do not look forward to, because I will bite, is new heads. If someone like igear makes awesome G1 heads that fit the look of Herc bots I will buy them. As I mentioned before this is the first combiner EVER that I think the bot modes are just as impressive as the combined mode.

20. Alucard77

News Credits: