New Prime "Predatory" clip on MTV.com

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Oracle, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Am I the only one seeing the "Family" resembealance between Arcee's and arachnid's heads?

2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not just you. Someone posted it in the thread about the preview pics. I do agree, really seems like there may be a connection.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I'm not seeing that many similarities in their helmets. The side sort of "cheak-like" pieces, and maybe the center head-crest thing, but other than that they look different to me.

I do see the legs though. at the very end of the clip you can see her thighs and knees. I'm thinking she chooses to walk around on her spider legs sometimes, like a battle, or over rough terrain, but she'll probably walk on her normal robot legs while on the Nemesis and while not in combat.

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Oh crap! I forgot it was on! Just got back from the supermarket.

Damn I'll have to wait for the rebroadcast now :banghead: 

Don't ANYONE tell me what happened! (*fingers in ears* LALALALALALLALALALALAL)

5. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

LOL oh my you guys really analyzed that tree branch =D lol.. yes i watched those jurrassic park and i know about those humongous trees! like avatar? =P ALL IM SAYING.. is shes probably a heavy girl... 2 tons? using all the velocity to do a double swing on a branch? PLEEEEEASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE.. .. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEE!!!! lol all good and fun of course :rock 

and ya arcee did end up winning that fight probably but she took that unnecessary hit when jack showed up .. i'd smack jack in the face for that one after the credits =X

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

See, Autobot's CAN aim!

7. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the individual episodes are great but I;m not understanding the main plot of the story. What are the decepticons trying to acheive? What are the Autobots trying to acheive? Neither has any goals at the moment and it's making the story less interesting for me. Seems like the episodes are filler episodes with no main plot line in sight. Loving TFP but the overall plot, not individual episodes, is lacking and taking away the excitement for me.

Here's an example if you're not understanding me. TFA season 1 was about Megatron coming back online and the Autobots defending humans while waiting for help to arrive. TFA season 2 had to do with Megs building a spacebridge while the Autobots recover the allspark. TFA season 3 had a bunch of plots going on. From Magnus and sentinal prime, to Megs getting Omega Supreme etc....

BW season 1 had to do with the alien artifacts. BW season two was about the transmetals and the meaning behind the golden discs, Season three was about protecting the ark.

These types of overall plots make the story so much better for me. Just my opinion though.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    Starscream's trying to conquer Earth, but it's not easy since every other Decepticon only seems to want Megatron back.

They're Earth's protectors.

9. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Those are the obvious and typical goals but it doesn't seem like much is happening with the Decepticons. Like why does Screams want to conquer Earth. What's his plan? The Autobots are pretoecting Earth. What about other planets. There are other Autobots out there. Are they defending other planets from Decepticons?
    Take for instance the episode with Wheeljack. Is Prime the leader of the Autobots or just leader of the group thats on Earth cuz he didn't know who Wheeljack was. And Prime could have ordered Wheeljack to stay and fight with them but he just let him go to explore during a war that they are in.

I'm just not feeling the over all plot. Thanks for trying to explain it to me though.

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    A lady's vital stats are her own business.

11. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
  12. cypherstorm

cypherstorm Well-Known Member

That was awesome! the ladies of this series really kick butt

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's because there really isn't an overall plot just yet. Which is something I really like about the show. They're taking their time setting things up, introducing new characters every so often, and developing the main cast. It's not like every new episode begins with a clean slate, so the things that happen do have an affect on what happens next. For example, the damage the Scraplets did to the Autobot base continued to be an issue in the next episode.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    This story arc is moving slower than All Hail Megatron.

Hey Prime, wander around brooding and not fight any Decepticons some more.

15. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Man I can't wait till we get an Arachnid toy. Has anyone seen a prototype for Arachnid? I know the name came up as an up coming toy, any pictures?

Also does anyone know when we will start seeing Prime toys?

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Nothing yet. We haven't seen any Prime toys beyond those revealed at Toy Fair.

Assuming the line doesn't get delayed like Animated did, we should see the first wave in October.

17. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. Skymoonstar

Skymoonstar New Member

This may be pointless to say, but for some reason Airachnid's helm design reminds me of Maleficent. The horn-like parts of her helm is what looks similar to Maleficent's horns.

19. LadyMegatron

LadyMegatron Prince Starscream's Mom

Ebay:
    I was just saying that myself...she looks a lot like Maleficent (which is my favorite Disney villainess as far as looks, and she's a wicked cool dragon too). Airachnid just QUICKLY become my favorite of this series. I like her a lot. In fact, I'm going to attempt costuming as her. I just need more images to go by. Can anyone help me out on that?