New Prime impression

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Apr 6, 2008.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    New Peter Cullen impression

So when I posted this up under a different title, nobody saw it. So my posts either just suck in general or nobody knew what it was about cuz the title was so obscure.

Anyways, my bro says my LIVE impression is better than my recorded one. Apparently I try to hard or some such crap.

AND HERE'S MY DISCLAIMER!!!! I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE GOOD OR BETTER OR EVEN EQUAL TO THE AWESOMENESS OF PETER CULLEN, SO DON'T SAY "CULLEN'S BETTER" OR "NOT AS GOOD AS CULLEN" I ALREADY KNOW. HE'S BETTER THAN ALL OF US WHO EVEN ATTEMPT TO TRY.

I personally never liked the BW Prime, but there are those who love him. I don't give any crap to those who do. And Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime is and always will be the greatest. Although I noticed a heavy amount of changes from the cartoon to the movie. Of course, he's much older now and apparently, Bay did a lot of digital editing to his voice for the final cut of the movie. It's much lower and slower than the voice from G1. A lot of folks forgot what the original sounded like, so they expect to hear what he sounds like in the movie. Do a YouTube comparison with headphones and you cannot miss the difference. My impression's a little bit of both.

Enough rambling, criticize away, my friends! Gimme' your best shot... I fear nothing!

2. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

pretty damn good. And your Sling Blade impression is brilliant.

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Cullen's better. :p 

Nice job as always, but you startled me for a moment--I kept seeing cars go by in the background and I thought you were actually driving when you recorded it.

Well, those who don't probably don't want your crap either. :gen069: 

Sling Blade sketch is great too, although I wish you had done some close-ups. You scare me how much your faces changes when you do that impression. I never told you, but you gave me nightmares a couple times back in the day when you used to come into my room doing the whole "biscuits and mustard" bit. But it wasn't so much the impression as it was you threatening to feed your belly button with mustard that gave me nightmares.

And for anyone else reading this, Jon and I have been brothers since my parents adopted him.

Oh, wait... I don't think they ever told you.

Sorry you had to hear it this way.

4. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Beware, bellybutton-man may hunger for flesh once more.

5. enduser0001

enduser0001 Autobuddy

Nice impressions.
    You should do the MOVIE GUY impressions at which so many hacks try and fail.
    I think you are not hack BTW, it is just a suggestion.

Start it out with "in a world, ..."

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    He already does those very well, with a spot-on imitation of Movie Trailer VO Guru Don Lafontaine, and I talked him into recording a spoof of comedian Pablo Francisco's "Little Tortilla Boy" stand-up bit (Pablo also does a great impression of "The Don"). He's got clips of these on his website:

http://manof1000voices.com/sitemap.aspx

On that same page, Jon's also got lots of clips of him doing other TF characters like Ironhide, Grimlock, Sludge, Starscream, more Prime bits, and his G1 Megatron sounds so much like Welker it's scary.

7. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Well, I wouldn't go that far, but thanks for the plug, bro. I was actually pretty sick when I was recording Megatron... darn allergies. I need to re-record Megs and Op, as I've been practicing with my own voice as well as the new equipment and software upgrades I've gotten since then.

Thinking about having a quartet of Autobots singing "In the Navy" with Optimus, Grimlock, Sludge and Wheeljack. Whaddya think?

Gotten better with "Movie Guy" too. I can do variations like the one for kid movies, action movies and even romance movies.

Going to redo "The Don" as well. In fact, there are quite a few I'm going to re-record cuz they sound so much better with the new equipment/software! So stay tuned to the my site! Even have uploaded about 20 new demos just yesterday. Including Dr. Venture and Brock Samson. Gonna add Galvatron, as I've been working on that one, Cyclonus, Brawn, Beachcomber, Wheeljack, Shockwave.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Not bad.

Though I felt that as it went on, you fell out of character slightly.

9. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The tone is pretty close, good job. Others think they can just talk in a lower gravely voice and that's it but there's certainly more to it than that

10. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Gracias, everybody. I'm suprised at how easy you were on me. I continue to practice futilly because I will never be as good as the MIGHTY MATRIX MASTER HIMSELF, the awesome Peter Cullen. But I'll continue with my best effort to improve nonetheless.

If you guys ever get a chance, there's a couple of YOUTUBE vids of Prime impressions that will literally cause your inner body to convulse with laughter!

Hopefully they weren't any of us... seem to be all "new movie fans" and don't really know Peter Cullen from way back when.

But the laugh is worth the few seconds to search YOUTUBE for them!

11. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

i hope one of those isnt mine

>_>
    <_<

im primus90 on youtube

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Bravo, Bravo,

13. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Actually, in order to avoid any hurt feelings, I'm not going to list any of them because some of them might be here somewhere.

I actually laugh at my own attempts sometimes.

But no, the ones I was specifically talking about wasn't one of yours. I really like the stop-animation of Optimus transforming. I've always wanted to do something with SA. Got time to explain how or is it a secret?