New pics of upcoming Takaratomy Transformers toys

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think Hasbro will be giving us a smokescreen mold. They made a mold for Breakdown and chose not to release it in the states. Takaratomy went through the trouble to get us a new head and spoiler for knockout, leading me to believe hasbro/takara are still trying to reduce costs on their transformers. I'm very disappointed to see essentially a waste of a mold choice for smokescreen. It's not like the knockout mold is that good to begin with.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope BBTS gets in Smokescreen back in stock.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Exactly.

Hasbro and TT usually develop molds together. There are some obvious cases in this line of Hasbro choosing not to make a toy of a character, and TT choosing to do it on their own. In some cases, whole molds, ala Breakdown, and in some cases retools, ala Jet Vehicon and Smokescreen. They retooled Knockout into Smokescreen because its cheaper than making an entire mold on their own without splitting the budget from Hasbro. That's why we've already gotten 3 versions of the Breakdown mold, because they paid for the tooling on their own and had to recoup the costs. TT saw the financial prospects of having an exclusive that Hasbro wasn't interested in, and jumped on it, and it's paying off in spades.

4. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Great Analysis.

I think there will be a Hasbro Smokescreen next year by Hasbro. And if they don't. At least we will have a Cyberverse version.

5. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

ugh. Redeco of Knockout. That's a shame. Sad that two of my fave characters should both be the worst mold.

6. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here!

7. Gridlock1987

Gridlock1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they have this magazine in their hands, why the hell are those pics so shitty? Can't spare few more seconds to make a better scan/photo? Wouldn't that make more sense and be more helpful?

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I'm sure a new mold Smokescreen is in the works, it's just not likely ready by the time that TakaraTomy wants to release a Smokescreen mold. They want a release to coincide with his premier on the show, so a Knock Out retool is probably the only way to do that until a new mold can be created.

It's not that they're not going to give him his own mold if he continues to be a big part of the show.

This I agree on. Knock Out and Smokescreen are two of my favorite characters and the Knock Out mold is pretty horrible.

My dream would be that they make a new Smokescreen mold and have it with alternate parts and transformation for a new Knock Out mold. That's not likely though.

In the mean time these will have to suffice.

Randy

9. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ugh(sigh)....When will Hasbro put on its big boy pants and start making more figures?!

10. RapidBlast

RapidBlast Motherflippin' steelcore.

Silasdown's altmode reminds me of Mixmaster. :D 

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Smokescreen so far looks good. Shame he's not a new mold but he'll do for now. I do recall that in the Hasbro panel at the NYCC that they do intend to bring all of the cast members in the toyline next year.

Nemesis Prime looks awesome! He'll go great in my collection not to mention gives me a reason to buy the RID Optimus mold.

Loving Silas too but since I already have the mold he can wait for a while if I have to lay off buying him for a while.

12. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Or worse, releasing Fort Max again later with an "anime-accurate" colour scheme and the sword! :puke: 

To be honest though, the pictures on the magazine do seem to be the same old product photos we've already seen before. I suspect we won't see any real new photos until December, at least.

13. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So, they waste their time making a HAT transform into a robot, but can't give Smokescreen a new mold?!?!?!

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow! So Smokescreen really is going to be a repaint of an existing character:jawdropper: 

15. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't count on deluxe. If Hasbro was going to do it, TT wouldn't have done it on their own. Both companies know what products are going to be released up to two years in advance or so. I imagine the copyright stamp will say 2012 Tomy just like jet Vehicon and Breakdown. I think a Cyberverse is likely.

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

There was at least one good quality, pretty accurate, repro of the Master Sword in the last year or so though, wasn't there?

I suppose, worst case scenario, Takara skip the sword, the Repro stands a good chance of a re-release.

17. CybertronStreak

CybertronStreak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still no Smolder and Leadfoot mold for United EX

18. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    I'll be very annoyed if that Knock Out retool is the only non-Cyberverse toy of Smokescreen we get. I also really don't like this "Stay tuned! Probably, maybe, possibly, don't get your hopes up" crap that Hasbro does at conventions.

19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Novelty > detail, apparently. :( 

20. marcelsm

marcelsm Member

Ebay:
    I just saw on the internet a picture of the legion or cybervese class smokescreen, and it's pretty accurate to the show, any one knows if this would be a takara or hasbro release?? I'm very disapointed with the knock out repaint from takara.