New pics of SS86 Slag

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Autobot Burnout, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    There's very little that a Core Class could improve upon the Takara Legends version which is still a nice fit deco and size-wise.

I guess a new release could make him shorter just like most Core Class figures compared to the previous Legends Class which would be accurate and I assume the lack of Titan Masters integration would allow for more diverse engineering but again, not a world of difference.

• Like Like x 2
  2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Looking great! So toon accurate! Ooh

• Like Like x 1
  3. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

But he’s in the movie

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shame Sideswipe wasn't in the movie (assuming that would stop them from an easy extension of the line) but we apparently have an Earth Sideswipe kicking about that fell out of Earthrise. Remove the ports from that and put it in Studio Series? But yes, I feel this makes sense. The line's meant to end but success and interest means they could stretch it. Probably not to two Galvatrons on shelf at the same time, but Optimus? Easy. Thrust is significant enough in The Touch over most other Decepticons in the first act who arent Devastator, Soundwave, Starscream (who might already be happening in 86) or Megatron to get him out to more people (maybe in a brighter red and paler grey)
    Bit niche for the amount of extra work and general feasibility even then so going from speculation to fan-wish that in reality I might not even buy but Autobot Shuttle/Instruments of Destruction versions of the Autobots (ok Prowl and Ironhide are iconic enough). But also I don't know how many of those would get reissued as movie characters otherwise. Probably, again Ironhide and Prowl which still equivalents that two-pack (reissuing one is better than neither but then it dubiously replaces that two pack)

Actually doing Alternate Universe Prime as Final Battle Prime works, maybe give Megatron similar but also that really cools for a fully-new CRIME EDITION to match Studio's thing

Also still holding out hope for the entirely wish-culation of Blaster in 86

But Ive rambled so yeah. Either Earthrise or it's retool (maybe both if it goes on long enough or I'd make the former an exclusive). No Galvatron because he's only one step away from 86 and on the shelf consecutively (same with Cyclonus except is anyone even asking for that). If willing to stretch you can get hard-to-find/unreleased Earthrise Earth modes out there. My hot take is Thrust belongs too. Bumblebee is an easy rerelease while you could do someone like Wheeljack with the slavish minimalist livery rather than the hybrid of Earthrise's (chest decals, no red on hood, plain back). Springer ofc

5. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    We really need a new SS 86' Wheelie.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

SS86 isn't its own line, though, so they wouldn't need to dump a lot of product in stores next year. They could sprinkle things out, a half dozen a year maybe? Lots of folks missed Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet. Maybe rerelease Cliffjumper and Bumblebee with new accessories.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

He could be cheaper and readily available.

• Like Like x 2
  8. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

snarl.JPG dinos3.JPG Just a friendly reminder.

• Like Like x 11
  9. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

• Like Like x 4
  10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

ironic that in initial animated demo pitches for the movie, Snarl was there, fully transformed during Kup's Iqiak tall tales scene.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sprinkling out would be valid, mostly. I think it's a balance between not it's own line and striking while the iron's hot, since it's kinda a happy accident for them that 86 could even be on the table.

But yes, even without a new movie immediately coming, they do still have Bayverse and Bumblebee characters to do and intended lines for a large level of G1.

• Like Like x 2
  12. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

Huh, and I thought some of the figures we got since Siege were already cartoon-accurate enough, considering the budget they had...

This is definitely gonna be my first time getting the G1 Dinobots, and I look forward to it. Making them Leader class for the most part, even if it costs more money, is a plus in my book.

• Like Like x 4
  13. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I'l very very happy with finaly other dinobots, but....

- he is way too bulky (probably gonna retool his body for sludge and/or snarl)...
    - comes with another useless figure instead of his sword
    - He is a very very simple transformer.
    - needs more painted detail, i don't like cartoonaccurate
    - His head is massive and he doens't even have a brain inside there

Now give me my snarl!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Not a complaint about slag, but if they were able to avoid the forearm gaps with him......what happened with grimlock?

15. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

The line is just a loophole to move G1 product into the live action subline as filler until the toys for the new movie are ready. Extension? Any G1 Toys they want to make can go into the G1 line, of course they can periodically release SS86 stuff but it's not going to be focus like it has been this year.

If you honestly believe they'd make a new Prime or anyone else already made in WFC just to be MORE anime accurate then I need you to PM me your plugs details because they're selling you some premium stuff and I want some too

• Like Like x 2
  16. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

they sold a galvatron rodimus and cyclonus 3 pack in animated colours after 6 different versions any chance they can get of making money out of us old farts with disposable income they will take especially if its just a repaint no new tooling

17. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Scottish, and pants free!

I think Swoop was missing when Snarl was shown, and Snarl was missing when Swoop was shown. I never saw them together in the 86 Movie that I remember.

18. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Scottish, and pants free!

I was shocked when Prowl died, and love Prowl, but I'm glad they made it a cool looking death. I would love to see more deaths like that in Transformers! Thanks Hasbro!

• Like Like x 2
  19. ianmusprime

ianmusprime Roll out to the next toy store.

News Credits:
    I hope when swoop is revealed that he is on the level of this guy.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Since he's my favorite Dinobot, I like to think that he was left behind to guard the city single handedly because of how amazing he is.
    But in reality he probably came out of the little bots room on Junkion to see that senile old Kup left him behind at the gas station.

• Like Like x 10