New pics of Prime toys at IGN

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darth Rodimus, Jul 20, 2011.

?

What do you think about the new figures?

1. Yes, I love them!!!

139 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. Ehh, they're ok.

14 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Nah, i'll pass.

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Nooo, these are horrible!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Just noticed something about Cliffy and yeah I know it's "concept pix" but why 2 horns on the car and 1 horn on the bot??? If it's zombie Cliffy he should have 1 horn all the way.

Just a little thing, maybe the bot in box will have that corrected. :) 

2. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Prime and Bulk are a must have..Cliff, well he has 1 horn in bot mode and 2 horns vehicle mode..as a zombie bot shouldn't he been 1 horned all the way?? :lol  Maybe the concept art is wrong and/or somebody didn't catch that yet? Poor Cliffy.

Most the TFPrime toys will be on my Xmas list and shelf, sooner or later. :D 

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well that's besides the point, I happen to think they got Sideswipe right first time out anyway, but what they did with Sidearm was particularly ingenious in terms of using overlapping panels to create the form.

I can understand the movie toys not always being 100%, not only is it live-action complexity they have to deal with but also the indirect communication and tight deadlines. This is a cartoon made by Hasbro. I was hoping the designs they came up with were more workable, and that there would be more back-and-forth to make sure that what they went ahead with was something they could replicate in toy form.

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I noticed that as well but I was viewing the figure with eyes looking for things to fix when I got it. Paint that, that, that, that, chop off a horn on the hood, paint that, that...

5. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    ^^^^^

:lol 

6. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Actually, if you look closely, he has a stub in both forms. In robot mode, he has part of a horn (just a small stub) and in vehicle mode, the stub seems a bit bigger, but it doesn't point like the other side does.

Also, as for Cliffjumper, if you compare the figure to this pic:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there is some good stuff going on here. You can see the arms are indeed fairly accurate, and in both models, the shoulders connect to the body very high, right in line with the head. The figure seems to have some spikes coming out of his shoulder, but I wouldn't be surprised if they folded down.

The chest is the big problem. The first thing I'd like to point out is that the chest pieces is obviously too low. You can see that the crotch area is accurately designed with the red circle in the center, but is very much being covered up by his chest. This makes it fairly obvious the chest is intended to move up higher. We also know the chest splits apart, which I'm sure will give him the white line down the center, as in the show model. I also expect that the chest pieces will wrap a little bit around him, giving him a slightly more rounded look, hide the side windows a bit more, and definitely reveal a bit more faux car pieces that will give him the more complex look.

Edit: Alllllssooo, you can see the bumper at the bottom of his chest has some split lines. Obviously these fold up more to reveal the lights the show model has sticking out at that point. In fact, once this is all done, i'm expecting a very show accruate figure.

If you don't want to read all this, the overall point is: mistransformed figure is mistransformed. Let's see what the final form has in store.

7. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait for these guys. That Optimus looks awesome.

Considering that in the show, the horns on his hood apparently become his robot horns, I'd say that the car should also only have one. :lol  But that's the nature of making a toy, it's not gonna be exact.

Cliffjumper actually has two complete horns in both forms, and they're plenty pointy:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

He only has one as a zombie because it got smashed off before he was killed.

8. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder

News Credits:
    Hmmmm:
    DEFINITELY getting Bulkhead (I hope he's a large voyager)
    DEFINITELY getting Vehicons (at least two, I like that design)
    Probably getting Cliffjumper (I hope someone puts out a non-zombie head for him)
    Not interested in Optimus, I don't really like his show model in the first place and the toy thus doens't interest me
    -
    I know I'm getting the Arcee and Bee mold, I really enjoyed how they looked
    Depending on the size and look I may get the Ratchet mold.
    Starscream, Soundwave and Megatron don't interest me at ALL with their animation models
    I WANT a Knockout. Love his character, love his look
    Might get a Breakdown as long as he's a big Deluxe/Voyager
    -
    ...and those are my evil plans for taking over the world by buying toys ^_^

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the Eradicon... the others I will have to wait for a review

10. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Why couldn't these toys look horrible? WHY???

I'll eventually have to buy more figures. Though might not and just pick up what I like as usual.

11. Rodimus_Prime88

Rodimus_Prime88 Well-Known Member

BY THE MATRIX.

Optimus and Bulkhead look amazing!!!!!! Forget the deluxe Optimus, I'm going with this. JUST NEED a ratchet and we're all set to go. and wheeljack too. pretty please hasbro? =D

12. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's an error. I think the car horns were as personal touch & I don't think they were intended to be the same ones as on his head. the shape is different

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Prime and Bulkhead look amazing.Vehicon looks really cool but I do hope that backpack is mistransformed.
    Need to see more of Cliffjumper.Don't like the chest but it could be mistransformed

14. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

AWESOME!
    Bulkhead (Voyager)- Want! so hard! even his mace even hanging off his back doesn't bother me!
    Optimus (Voyager)- Also WANT! MUCH better then his Deluxe counterpart! NOw we need a Megs!
    Vehicon (Deluxe)- hmm this may be my 1st army builder I ever buy... wow. I wonder if the jet version will be a new mold or just a creative remold?
    Cliffjumper (Deluxe)- @ a deluxe size and all the "Zombie" details being painted on, 'cept the head, I see a repaint in "living" color's down the road! I mean a new Head and clear blue verses purple would be a cheap change up!

MORE we demand MORE!!

Ok I have one complaint , and it's NOT about the toys its about some peoples complaints of them. Simply Cliffjumper! He Died in the 1st episode (Pilot) and was later brought back for another, that's a total of TWO Episodes!!! SO if his toy doesn't reflect the character as we as we hope remember this simple line of thought... For a character that DOES NOT REACCURE! we got a TOY! a GOOD not a great toy but a GOOD toy, for once in the history of this fandom let a toys short comings actually reflect the quality of the figure and not what you all WISHED he could be, especially for a MINOR character!

15. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I feel like I'm the only one who loves that there's a zombie CJ coming out, and that wants it

16. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I totally am going to get at least every Autobots, or just Prime. I really can't wait to see how this bad boy transforms. I can only make out a few parts, but if this is anything like Dlx Screamer, this Prime will blow our minds.

17. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it's been confirmed that a non-zombie Cliffjumper is confirmed to be coming out in Wave 2, while the zombie Cliff is Wave 3.

18. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Hell to the YES. All are so bought! Beautiful work, Hasbro.

19. Ash-T

Ash-T Well-Known Member

Oh... Steve... come to mama :)  :)  :) 

20. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

Bulkhead looks amazing!