New pics of Prime toys at IGN

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darth Rodimus, Jul 20, 2011.

?

What do you think about the new figures?

1. Yes, I love them!!!

139 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. Ehh, they're ok.

14 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Nah, i'll pass.

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Nooo, these are horrible!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

The Voyager Optimus Prime looks astounding. I will definitely be picking him up for sure. May even have to go stolen Chinese toy route cause it just looks so damn good. I don't care if there's a leader down the road but god... The only gripe I've got with the toy so far is the darkness of the grey but that's just me being a nitpick. All in all, I can't wait to get my hands on it and I eagerly await to see Takara's rendition of it - I may pick that one up too.

Voyager Bulkhead on the other hand seems to be a miss for me. After the incredible run Animated gave with the level of show accuracy - I may be slightly spoiled now but ugh that chest seems to be a complete miss. I also feel that way about Knockout. It seems to be a hit and miss for accuracy but still for the most part they're hitting it on the head. I will probably be skipping out on those two.

Skyquake and Soundwave protos look amazing. I can't wait to see more of the final product.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyquake, Knockout, Wheeljack and Soundwave are just insane. This toyline will be soooo great.

3. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Wow, so far I like everything I've seen except for the Deluxe Optimus in this toyline!

HELP. ME.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I'm passing on zombie Cliff. Also on deluxe prime because Voyager prime is loads better, maybe even closer to scale with the other deluxe Autobots. :) 

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    From the looks of it
    1 person has a problem
    2 people have a reason for having a problem
    11 people should love them more and the 107 people that love them are the majority.

6. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Yes, Prime is cheating on his chest windows. :( 

A regular version has been confirmed at BotCon.

From the Tech Support Forum (granted, the thread title doesn't explain what was asked):

Yes, Avatars, some of Search, & other stuff is down due to traffic. The site still crashes from the overload of visitors, both for SDCC coverage, & I assume residual DotM traffic as well.

Considering Deluxe TFs now cost $12, when they used to cost $10, they shrank them & upped the cost. :banghead: 

Yes, it's been confirmed (by Mods in this thread) that Cliffjumper's Chest is mistransformed, as per HasTak's norm to not know how their own products work. :confused: 

7. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I managed to keep my underpants brick-free until I saw the picture of Soundwave. Damn he looks sexy.

8. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It boggles the mind that they would send people to a convention to show off the figures - without verifying they know how to transform them properly...

Just harkens back to my old axiom,

there seems to be an intelligence test you have to fail, in order to become upper-management...

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Hmmm, I may have to rethink my sitting this line out.

I'm really surprised at how they did Bulkhead. Not only does his chest consisist of not only the hood but the doors too. But also it's interesting how the grill/bumper retracts into the other panels alowing them to split and radiate out to form his torso. That's pretty different from anything that's come before.

Prime,,, if he keeps the pointy pipes he's bought. Looks great in bot mode. I'm betting he HAS to be a shell former though, I don't see a lot of parts on robot mode that correspond to ANYTHING in vehicle mode. And some of the parts that should correspond (the chest windows/the headliner lights/the bumper at the waistline/armpit mirrors, etc.) are obviously fakies.

I'm kinda 50/50 on the Radicon. And I'd rather have the non-zombie-Jumper. But he'd go pretty well with 1st Movie BB and Cybertron Downshift (those 70's cars!) So I might just get him as well.

Hmm, perhaps my wallet won't get a break after all.

10. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Having seen the TFormers pics of Cliff, I'm sure now that most or peoples complaints stemmed from the photographers "creative" posing for a more zombie stance. The new Pics are MUCH better! And I REALLY have to give Hasbro credit on "CliffDIVER" they KNEW that the moment Cliff' came out Someone was gonna do a Zombie mod of him, either having a fan or fan company making a zombie head and making a nice profit, this way Yes we will probably still do a BETTER zombie version of him BUT this way we'll use their mold and custom it versus buying someone else, its pure profit for them, and the normal Cliffjumper wont vanish from shelves as soon as he's released ::cough windcharger! cough:: I'm sorry I'm with Hasbro it's a smart move!

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i think i'll skip DOTM and just get all the Prime toys instead, with the exception of the wreckers of course! :lol 

i love the voyager starscream!

12. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much doing the same! With the exception of the leader and human alliance figures.

13. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    What, no "I wouldn't say love, but I might be getting one for each character"?

There is a reaction between "Yes, I love them!!!" & "Ehh, they're ok.", you know...
    • I can't say I "love" them, as Op cheats on his windows
    • But I like them more than "Ehh, they're ok."
    (for some reason, this phrasing reminds me of a conversation in FLCL)

So answering either is a disservice to how I feel. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if any choices are added to the poll.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No interest in zombie Cliff but damn those others are gonna be instant buys.:drool: 

15. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

Cannot wait for Skyquake, pity he doesn't come with that huge ass gatling gun. Ah wells, that sword looks awesome anyways! I have no idea how Hasbro managed to make the toy look so sleek. It's just a prototype, but still. Pretty darn amazing!