New pics of Prime toys at IGN

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Darth Rodimus, Jul 20, 2011.

?

What do you think about the new figures?

1. Yes, I love them!!!

139 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. Ehh, they're ok.

14 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Nah, i'll pass.

5 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Nooo, these are horrible!

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Those look amazing.
    I like 'Eradicon' better than 'Vehicon' but that doesn't mean the toy isn't boss!

2. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    They even got Optimus right. Granted, I'm not digging the gun and sword on the back of a truck look, or Bulkheads mace on the back of an SUV, but still, they got these all so right.

Can you SMELLLLLLLLLLL what the Cliff is cookin!?

I definitely think this will warrant a preorder, since Cliffy and Arcee are gonna be the hard ones to find.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I built a time machine so I could go into the future and buy these.

4. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

Bulkhead looks AMAZING, him and Optimus are definitely the most accurate, and definetly going in my collection.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking good!:thumb 

6. Ravage_Eject

Ravage_Eject Soundwave's Favorite

So far it looks like I'm going completionist on this line!

7. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man oh man. Loving Bulkhead and the Vehicon (troopbuilding time!!!!). The voyager optimus looks surpisingly very nice, i'm really liking it.

Zombie Cliffjumper looks really "meh" first Prime toy i've felt that about. Somethign about how it looks as a whole, just feels uninspired.

To those wondering about a normal cliffjumper, we are getting one, it was revealed at Botcon we're getting both.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime - The Best. Uses fake window boobs that are actually believable.

Bulkhead - Good, although I fear that his chest may break very easily or that it literally just automorphs.

Vehicon - Don't hate it although, the back kibble makes it look fat IMO.

Cliffjumper - I like it, but if it has a magnetic waist that connects the body and legs, I'm sold.

EDIT: I think that this just killed our wait for the new DOTM toys.

9. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

My opinions on theses guys.

Optimus: Must buy on sight. He looks really good, and like that he actually comes with the blade. Far superior than the deluxe. Now bring on voyager Megatron for him to fight!

Bulkhead: Stunning. His vehicle mode looks amazing, even if he can't store his wrecking ball. LOVE how his chest transforms, and if it's mistransformed....oh gosh, I don't know what to expect!!!

Vehicon: The vehicle mode is pure win. I'm sorta "eh" on the robot mode, espescially with backpack. But if he's mistransformed, and we get better looking pictures of him, then I might build an army!

Cliffjumper. Meh. I'll wait for a regular version.

Overall, the Prime toyline looks real promising. Now time for Delxue Wheeljack, Knockout, Airachnid, Soundwave and Voyager Megatron and Breakdown!

10. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I really like the Vehicon. He's my favorite out of the thus-far revealed toys. Bulkhead's neat too. :) 

11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Voyager Prime... MUCH better than his deluxe version.

Cliff's not bad... well minus the square chest and the Dark Energon bits are kinda meh. I'll buy the normal version.

Bulkhead looks GREAT.

Wonder if any place will have bundles for vehicons...

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no...... and I held off from collecting for so long.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Bulkhead and Optimus are terrific! Cliffjumper is good too, but the lower legs bring it down. The Eradicon is a real disappointment though, it's just...Meh.

14. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Looks like I'll be considering some version of each of the core cast for this line... At least by time they're out, I should have money finally...

[​IMG] Optimus: Not too thrilled about the windows cheat. I prefer my Optimus to use the same windows for both modes, unless the animation model cheats too, which Prime's Prime doesn't do. I may wait to hear word if there's a more accurate version planned for down the road. Optimi tend to be easy enough to come by.

He is definitely a MASSIVE improvement over the Deluxe.

[​IMG] Bulkhead: Nice to see movie engineering managed a pracitcal use. Now to see how much was mistransformed & how the gaps are resolved when properly in robot mode.

[​IMG] Cliffjumper: I'll have to see both versions in store, or reviews, before deciding on a version. But I don't get why people don't just expect mistransformations from HasTak now? @.@ It's become expected, so expect it.

It is kinda odd that a toy line for kids will be including such a Dark concept as a Robot Zombie. Granted, the show did start quite dark... More fun for the rest of us...

[​IMG] [​IMG] Arcee: Might as well get Arcee, since I'm likely getting everyone else

[​IMG] Bumblebee: Looks better than I was expecting, considering he's based on the Movie mold.

Wheeljack: will probably be bought on sight.

[​IMG] [​IMG] Starscream: I'll have to wait to see how the Voyager comes out before picking a Starscream, but the Deluxe looks nice.

Soundwave: Waiting on Soundwave. Wonder if RtS Lugnut was an experiment for Soundwave's wing/ arm transformation? Bought on sight unless they really screw him up... Laserbeak needs to be included.

Megatron: Need to see Megatron too...

Knock Out & Breakdown need to show up as well...

Aerodrones aren't a priority, but will make a decision when I see it.

[​IMG] Eradicon: Looks like I'm not the only one getting a Batman vibe off the Eradicon.

[​IMG]

No, not just you... I can't believe it took 20 pages for a Batmobile comparison...

I won't be troop building. If they end up in my comic, a Drone Army is easy enough to 'shop in:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lolol 

:lol  They sold some of the soles of the lower-level staff to Michael Bay. The one good thing that came out of the Bayformers was great toy engineering! & a Cyber-Megaton of money to put into new toys.

No, if you look, you can see the hand the wrecking ball is on is folded against the arm.

Nope, they've planned through at least 65 eps. If the Hub were to go down, expect Prime to jump channels.

15. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Are they coming out with a regular Cliffjumper? I want to know before I go and buy the zombie one(but I'll probably end up buying both being the huge Cliffjumper fan I am.) also Optimus is an Instant buy. He looks absolutely fantastic. Bulkhead too. Vechicon, though, is a bit of a dissapointment.

16. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Prime and Bulk look fantastic, vehicon looks great. Cliff is looks kinda not great, but I'll pick up the non-zombie version of him from the 2nd wave to check him out, he definitely looks mistransformed around the torso.

A bit disappointed that they cheated as much as they did with Optimus, though. Usually I would'nt buy a figure that has fake windshields and whatnot, but I'll make an exception this once.

17. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow, these look awesome. Vehicon is fantastic. I gotta find a way to watch some full length Prime episodes now.

18. bringthematrix

bringthematrix bringthematrix

oh h@ll yeah!!!! i cant wait!!!!

all the prime stuff is looking great!!!!! AW but whats with the zombie cliff come on man! oh what ever it looks awsome anyway!!!!!

19. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I got that batmobile vibe as well.

I gotta say though: Arcee is looking so much better in those photos.

20. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.