New MPM Reveal: MPM-11 Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, May 27, 2020.

1. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    my tracking says it will be here tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  2. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you guys have it already? need to wait untill november..

3. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You should order it from target, other retailers like TFSource are charging a lot more than $120 and are going to be in stock way later

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm frankly amazed that anyone bothers with TFSource anymore. Aside from a handful of personal or convenience reasons I've heard from a few people there really seems to be no reason to pay their scalper prices and deal with their slow-ass shipping.

Anyways, my Ratchet is still on track to be delivered on thursday, which is awesome because that's one of the days I work from home so I am way less likely to miss the fedex guy!

• Like Like x 8
  5. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    I’m so so excited to see people getting him already. The long wait to finish this set is finally coming to an end!

• Like Like x 3
  6. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

....and the fun is just beginning!

• Like Like x 1
  7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Until they make MPM Optimus 2.0...

• Like Like x 4
  8. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant i am not from usa

• Like Like x 2
  9. idkwdya

idkwdya Nicks_Plastic_Shelf

Instagram:
    Oooooh you’ve got a point there. I absolutely think they will do that eventually. I hope we get blackout or bonecrusher first though.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

And a MPM Brawl

• Like Like x 2
  11. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Mine shipped! It says it is arriving on Monday but I am hoping that maybe it'll somehow make it over the weekend.

12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine just arrived from Target, and 2 days earlier than expected!

• Like Like x 6
  13. wboender

wboender Impatient Overspender

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    just got my shipping notice, arriving wednesday!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sayan Rahman

News Credits:
    MPM RATCHET IS HERE!!!
    Okay so, I love him but he has his flaws.

Transformation:
    It is smart and intuitive, it is difficult but not a transformation I find annoying or aggravating.

Vehicle Mode:
    First of all, I noticed that the yellow color was no where near as neon-looking in real life, it’s still yellow instead of that sort of Goldish color in the movie, but I think he looks really good. He’s got a lot of undercarriage, which is definitely unfortunate and seems to be a reoccurring problem in the MPM Line, and Ratchet may be the worst when it comes to this. That aside, the vehicle mode is beautifully sculpted with a lot of nice small details. Overall, pretty good vehicle mode with amazing detailing, but the undercarriage is pretty unfortunate.

Robot Mode:
    Wow, just wow, Ratchet is definetely the most difficult design out of the 07 Bots, and I think they did really good for what they had to work with. As usual, the MPMs have amazing sculpted detailing, and this is no exception. The paint isnt that big of an issue to me in real life, but I seriously wish they painted the face, it just looks a bit bland without that silver. It’s also unfortunate that on the box art they use the preproduction sample with the silver all over, while the actual figure has a decent amount of unpainted plastic, it’s almost like false advertising and was the same issue with MPM 4. His gun is also painted wrong technically but I think it looks nice. His backpack isn’t anywhere near as big as I expected it to be and compacts quite nicely. Articulation is very nice, and omg, his ratchet joints on his legs are some of the most satisfying feeling joints I’ve ever had on a figure. I wish his shoulders could sit a bit higher and I wish his head was a bit bigger, but those are more so nitpicks now after seeing him in real life, it’s like there’s something about the Figures portions that don’t make the lower shoulders and smaller head look out of place. Die-cast is spread nicely and onto the right parts of the legs for good balance. Not much else to say other than wow, this figure looks really good.

Conclusion:
    Ratchet is honestly a great figure, I’d say he’s worth the price of $120, perhaps $100-$110 is the sweet spot for a price, but $120 is still good. He’s got his paint and kibble issues, but in person they bother me quite a bit less than when I saw him in videos and pictures. Out of the original MPMs, I prefer him over all the other Barricade, and all the other Autobots aside from Jazz. Starscream is still my favorite and I’ve never owned the original Megatron but I do have the WJ OS KO which I also love. He’s really great and I think he’ll please a lot of people that are fans of the design!

I’ll post size comparisons with the figures I have later tonight

C898E3FB-2870-4B33-B47B-05F032D92C92.jpeg 804B8AF5-1EBB-4D46-BA1F-D4D1ABE39588.jpeg 7C817068-4C1B-4EF7-8B1B-23FE82566F4E.jpeg D5998828-BCD6-4CFF-B886-E63CEBEC2C29.jpeg CD0CB3BF-7A49-4606-9E8C-2099CDE76EAD.jpeg 52462890-33BA-4F05-9700-79377C94820B.jpeg

• Like Like x 23
  15. Smarch

Smarch Decepticon

Saw him today at target in abington pa

16. tonysandlin

tonysandlin Well-Known Member

Saw some workers putting him on the shelf, but decided not to get him yet. It will either be on a discount, or for Christmas from my wife, most likely. Although, with the $40 off by opening a redcard, and with the money returned from Starscreams, discount, I could make an excuse to get him earlier :p 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Awesome write-up you should make a review thread if there isn’t one already! Getting mine tomorrowwww I can’t wait. Isn’t it cool how every MPM from the last two years has had people going “best MPM so far!” This line has really hit its stride and it’s so satisfying to see. I’ll add some paint details myself like I always do but he looks dope from your pics.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sayan Rahman

News Credits:
    Thank you for all the compliments! I don’t really know much about making threads and what not so I’ll leave that to you ;)  and I’ll just copy my review on there like I did with Starscream. Also I’ve noticed that too! You can really see a difference in accuracy and quality when comparing it to an older MPM like Optimus. We haven’t had any big issues such as Optimus’s Vehicle mode not tabbing in properly or Ironhide’s shoulders in so long. The MPM line is slowly getting better and better and I can’t wait to see what’s next!

• Like Like x 5
  19. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The 50% discount on Starscream made me sore, so unless this guy goes on sale a month from now, I am not getting him.

20. Transvin

Transvin Well-Known Member

8B751430-65B1-417A-A1BE-50AA31386E27.png Can’t this be fold down(see picture)? Kind of looks like it does.

• Like Like x 6