New MPM Reveal: MPM-11 Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, May 27, 2020.

1. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Looks pretty cool actually.
    Always reassuring to be picked up by an ambulance with a massive buzzaw on the back. Healthcare standards have really shifted.

2. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Now that they have all those new pictures hopefully that means it will be up for preorder on Amazon Japan soon. They have a good price on MPM-10.

3. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I’ve read it is not a ambulance but something that carries rescue equipment to the scene of a rescue or search.

Ethier that or i mis read it.

4. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Well at the end of the day it's just weapon/accessory storage in alt mode which is always a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, so that actually IS how the shoulders are supposed to be..... well shit... this might be the worst looking MPM....

6. Tha Phantom

Tha Phantom New Member

Good to see they\'ve matched the paint on the doors. Looking forward to this one. 

7. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I just tried to preorder it from there but it's not delivering to the US (yet). Are both Starscream and Ratchet Target Exclusives in North America? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  9. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

"Laser Cannon?" It was literally a machine gun...

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    Love it, long overdue. I love my 07 Voyager Ratchet, I've added some small paint apps, Reprolabels, the saw/gun upgrade, and little articulation mods, but he can only go so far.

Need to see side-by-side pics of MPM and Voyager, both modes, stat.

11. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Dude, I know right? :lol 
    It almost hurts to hear them say "laser cannon" since after all these films/years I still think it's really dumb that they just had
    all the Transformers use machine guns and regular earth ballistic missiles... I mean, these are supposed to be "advanced alien robots"
    from space, you think someone in production over at Paramount could have cared enough to pony up for a few laser effects...

At least with "Bumblebee" we kind of got lasers with that weird sonic/vibration melter/liquifier thing that Dropkick had.

• Like Like x 1
  12. D15M45

D15M45 Player Hater

Well he color match seems better, but I really think the clear windows is a misstep 

13. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    Why is the misstransformed pic the boxart????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 

To be fair bee always used a plasma canon, and in the bumblebee movie it looks like the rest of the bots are as well.

Edit: those missiles that ratchet definitely never had look a whole lot like bee’s shoulder pods...wonder if there’s a way you could attach them to MPM-3

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Not all of them used regular powder guns, though. Ratchet was the only Autobot in the first movie to do so, and Starscream and Brawl were the only Decepticons to use them exclusively, but had quite an arsenal of them. (Blackout had an M134 as a vestige of his alt-mode, but his primary weapon was his EMP cannon) ROTF had Jolt with his lightning cannons, and the Arcee trio and the twins had some sort of micro plasma cannons. DOTM did have the Wreckers with their silly .30 cal machine guns, but also armed the Decepticons with "evaporator" guns that turned humans into bones, and Megatron and Optimus' guns were pumped like shotguns, but still made their alien blast sounds. TLK gave Barricade a ring of machine guns on his arm, but gave Hot Rod a time-freezing bubble cannon. AoE probably was the worst with this, with Crosshairs, Lockdown, and Hound just having very big guns, but honestly what was worse was that they leaned into regular metal swords that can tear apart Transformers - which are established as being made of self-regenerative molecular armor cloaked in an invisible forcefield. Optimus' blades solved this issue at first by being superheated to glow orange-hot... and they replaced them with a regular sword. Then there's TLK Megatron and the Knights and Drift and their swords...

• Like Like x 2
  15. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

What's wrong with the shoulders ?

16. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the character I like the least of the 2007 Autobots (but still like a lot) I am surprised at how bad I want this. It's about time Ratchet got a good toy. Pretty excited!

• Like Like x 1
  17. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Yeah, these are part of the same set of photos we got on the day of the release. They've been out for a while. It's indeed a fully painted (3D printed) prototype.
    Transformers Movie Masterpiece - Ratchet
    マスターピースムービーMPM-11オートボットラチェットが公開

The new pictures posted today are what the actual production run will look like.

18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I am hoping the general color is as cohesive as these pictures than compared to the other ones we got where the painted parts stuck out so much, but I am not getting my hopes up at this point.

19. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh...

20. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was the height confirmed? I see there are dimensions on one of the boxes but 26cm sounds a bit big, but would be great with the BMB MPM Ironhide, and OS MPM Primes.