New MPM Reveal: MPM-11 Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, May 27, 2020.

1. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

You might not have.....the original poster and myself were looking for the video that showed the two people demonstrating the new Ratchet figure. It's just I didn't understand how you answered it. What is showz?

2. williammmw

williammmw MuderPrimus

News Credits:
    The video is live stream found in Taobao TF flagship store during the product reveal yesterday. Many Taobao store does live stream to showcase their product which you can rewatch but this video no longer there

Furthermore you won't gain much info from the video where most of the time spent was interaction with user and free gift and lucky draw. Not so much of product demonstration, so you won't lose anything for not watching it

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShylockZeuss

ShylockZeuss Surprise!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Show.Z is an online store

• Like Like x 1
  4. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Not only do I appreciate the information, but also saving me time. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    I agree with this. If Optimus is about the same height as his truck is long (and he nearly is), then his truck windows end up just about the perfect size on his chest. The issue is that the chest always sticks out way too far forward on his toys. His chin needs to sit right near the top of his chest windows, and the shoulders right behind the chest doors. That would drastically improve how big his chest looks. Like this picture

Screenshot_20200602-094337.png

Another smaller issue that definitely contributes is his doors on his chest are much smaller than they are in alt mode. I'm one who likes the idea of using the real truck windows for his chest, but using fake door kibble because that's the only way to use as much real kibble as possible and still keep it screen accurate.

One of the figures that nearly gets it right is the old leader class. You can see how close his head is to the front of his body.

ROTFLOPTIMUSPRIME017-2_1235942812.jpg

Now imagine that he had smaller chest doors and his shoulders weren't so wide, and you'd have a really close to accurate torso

4cdc81fd93920182a334b573720625d5~01.jpg Snapchat-851101491~01~01.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    *Insert repeated argument as to why a new mp should take mass from the cab for the legs*

• Like Like x 3
  7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I can't stop watching the Ratchet stop motion video. :popcorn :drool: 

edit: in this case, with living 5 minutes from 3 different Targets, is pre-ordering necessary?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Totally agree here.
    How are they about canceling preorders? If I have to pay upfront I want to at least know it's not a hassle to get my PO money back.
    I also don't remember Ratchet's missiles but I really like them on this figure! Also, thanks for the cool fact about Megatron!
    This has been addressed over and over and confirmed by transformers official.
    I think they meant the waist spin, not the upper torso spin.
    I've noticed this on many "product showcase videos". There was one about 3A TLK Optimus that was our only good look at the figure for almost a year, and for about 75% of the video they talked in Chinese and didn't even seem to be noticing the figure. Only a small bit of the video seemed to focus on actually showing the joints, accessories, etc and the rest of the time it was just kinda sitting there on the table.
    As much as I adore the matrix gimmick, that space could be used to compress the torso more AND allow for a bigger (and more accurate) head.... is it worth the sacrifice? I really like my primes to have a matrix when possible...

• Like Like x 7
  9. ivan2893

ivan2893 Member

Ebay:
    Love the design. Minor quibble being the shoulders too narrow; the CG model shows them as more broad. But I am getting it regardless. 

10. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason MPM Ratchet looks like a SS figure with more complexity involved.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Somebody saying his shoulders should be more broad? I feel like the majority disagree, especially when referring to the original voyager haha

12. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Isn't that kinda the idea?

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

For some reason MPM Starscream looks like the Studio Series version but upscaled.
    For some reason the MPM character Optimus resembles the previous character’s figure, namely the RotF Leader Class.
    For reasons that I cannot explain the Masterpiece Movie Series figure of Bumblebee shares a resemblance to other figures of Bumblebee
    Due to variables that I do not understand, the newest addition to the Masterpiece Movie line by Hasbro, has a striking similarity to other figures that represent that same character.

IT NEVER ENDS

• Like Like x 13
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Bayformers are so ugly!

Just looks like an upscaled version of (insert other figure of exact same character here)!

I'll just wait for the improved KO!

Does it scale even though I haven't looked at the available height information or any character scale charts?

I'm assuming this is way too expensive without bothering to look at the actual confirmed MSRP!

These are some comments that you will see in every MPM thread. It doesn't matter which figure it is or how good/bad the actual figure is.

• Like Like x 19
  15. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

Wait you forgot:

I’m going to keep worrying about the paint every time a new MPM figure is revealed even though it’s obvious that the figure shown is a prototype!

(Like seriously though was anyone worried that Overload was going to be blue? Lol)

• Like Like x 7
  16. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess many were expecting better paint apps on the MPMs (I mean, MP line seems to have gone the fully painted figures route. I'm.. not as sold on that if the plastic colours are well done myself).

Now, I actually feel that if MPMs feel like an up sized and more complex SS I would think that just means they did a tremendous job with the SS line (which is something I do see... except the devastator... something of a let down on the fully combined mode vs the review tbh). I don't think I've been really disappointed with any individual figure extremely badly in the SS line but I've been quite disappointed in MPM04's alt mode issues, MPM ironhide's complete mess of not even tabbing in the shoulder pads in bot mode as well as Megatron's colour (it's one of the few figures I feel require a complete body paint due to being silver). Personal copies of Bee and barricade were perfectly fine so not disappointed in those personally (although I've seen QC issues on the forums for those).

Jazz is one of the best figures so far in this line IMO. perfect amount of paint (it's a silver car so again full body colour is a must) and execution on a great design.

can we have this as a pin on all movie MPM reveal threads? :-D

or as a FAQ LOL

to be fair, the issues with MPM starscream's colour (where the edges are dark instead of lighter gray) was legit discussion. Other then that, yeah...

<edit and delete> merging two posts into one

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    The link to Ratchet on Target is now dead. Where he go? Am I dense?

18. Optitron98

Optitron98 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

HAD me in the first half ngl. Also, at least Bayverde official figures don’t make us give up a kidney for yet another Optimus

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

Let's not act like we didn't once call these Masterpieces

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Sssshhhhh! Don't remind people that the MPMs are just as much "masterpieces" as the G1 MPs! They won't like that!

• Like Like x 15