New MPM Reveal: MPM-11 Ratchet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by williammmw, May 27, 2020.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I have a PC, A Phone, Even books and comic books I could reference in seconds. I could open a new tab and compare CGI model with this toy.

But I like to go by Memory. Just like when Someone says something interesting, I dont just google it..I ask them, right?

So Im going by memory here.

I do not remember his torso looking like that at all. Like..not even close. Now, Could my Memory be clouded with the Myriad of Different toys, and Years of Substance fueled hotel hooker parties That have made me look at this MpM and say..."Thats not even close"? My Brain could be wrong..You dudes could line it up with the CGI model and it be perfect.

But I look at that Torso..The Torso in particular..and I dont see it at all. Like I said..Im a vet here..Born in '75...Been thru some shit..But DAMN I just look at that and say "WTF is wrong here?" I cant figure it out..I starred at the pics for 5 min before I typed this. Just dont look right to me.

That Rant aside.. IN..and IN on the eventual OSKO...Because thats what my collection has turned into..The Legit Studio and MpM line, and the KOs of them..lol..and I love it.

2. Whatifsin

Whatifsin Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200601-154928_YouTube.jpg back shot of the mpm taken from the stop motion. Doesn't look too bad.
    I had forgotten how ratchets back is supposed to look because every official toy has been horrible so I had to go look at a picture from Prime 1 Studio. Comparing the mpm to that it looks bad but still passable 6e8c0c9c26acf9a1b1083fe838b8eca5.jpg anyone have any news on when the OS KO is coming out? Because mpm robot mode is the same height as Voyager from the first movie at 7.5 inches. Still too small even with all the added articulation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. svek

svek Well-Known Member

Typically we get a plain repaint/oversized ko a couple months after the official release. If you wish for some highly modified MPMs from WJ...
    who knows

• Like Like x 3
  4. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    39994022824_d846013375_b.jpg

I hope the shoulder armor is just mistransformed otherwise i think they sit way to low. other than that, its not perfect but pretty good. Oh (WJ)black apple, i miss you. you could have done wonders.

Also ill take either of these color decos

• Like Like x 5
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was actually trying to wonder why I didn’t like this ratchet, and then your post hit me. It’s the shoulders, them sitting that low looks really weird and makes it look cluttered. If that was raised he would look so good!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. optimus909

optimus909 Well-Known Member

Something feels a bit off with his shoulders, but other than that he looks great!

7. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Bit of news for UK collectors, Zavvi have this up for preorder for £119.99. Don't think I've ever seen them stocking transformers before? Or MP/MPM figures at least?

No deposit required, no charge until it's dispatched.

Interesting to see if they'll be stocking the line from now on, finally a UK based option other than Kapow and TFS-Express.

8. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

This might be the only movie Ratchet toy to not paint him in that horrible radioactive yellow.

This is a solid "might buy" for me.

9. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

So beautiful. Like a high priced hooker. I can’t afford it, but it doesn’t hurt to look.
    Also like a high priced hooker, it wouldn’t mind buying another Studio Series Autobot Ratchet, if he looked like this.

10. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My main problem with mpm ratchet is that the shoulders are alittle too low

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Harold, They're Lesbians.

I feel like they're rushing these things out WAY too fast. Ratchet and Starscream both feel like official OSKO's of Studio Series figures. You would think that with them being 6 and 5 times as pricey as their counterparts in the Studio Series line (respectively), their engineering would be significantly more impressive. And it's even more embarrassing, when we have 3P companies like Unique Toys doing a better job with designs from the later movies - designs that shouldn't even be possible in real life.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Initially I thought the same thing, but apparently it's not. It would be nice to have the option to raise the shoulders higher since where they sit seems inconsistent.

[​IMG]

The designs from AOE/TLK don't have to worry about where vehicle kibble ends up in bot mode so they can just hide it anywhere they want. The designs from the first three films require kibble to form parts of the bot, problem is, most of the kibble we see in the movie is shrunk which is why MPM-4 suffers from a big chest and why this Ratchet looks so clunky.

5 idiots don't make a genius, 5 times the price of a figure doesn't make it 5 times better. I'd argue the lack of paint on the MPMs is what makes them seem like OSKO of Studio Series rather than engineering. The past Starscream figures have been done so well there's not much to improve upon honestly.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    £114.99 at Indemand

14. meisterman

meisterman Well-Known Member

I feel like I’m looking at a different figure than everyone else. Ratchet looks phenomenal! I couldn’t have hoped for much more with it. This is leagues ahead of any other Ratchet out there!

• Like Like x 8
  15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I have to agree. I think this is a great attempt, but I equate Masterpiece to what should be the best representation possible. That 3P movie Galvatron is a masterpiece, the 3P TF07 Optimus is a masterpiece, and it was using Hasbro's mold. What I look out for is kibble management and the MPM line still treats it like any other figure. For example Bumblebee and Megatron have bad backpacks. In the case of Ratchet I wonder if it could be designed with cleaner legs. Remove the accessories besides the gun and this would be the ideal Leader Class figure.

I don't mean to sound fussy, but they're asking people to pay a lot, so if they want to call something a Masterpiece I shouldn't see ways that it could be better.

That's interesting for sure since we haven't had MPs in a long time. Still, we get a bad deal as usual because the exchange rate is not taken into consideration. If it's $120 why is it £120? £1 does not equal $1.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Meta

Meta Your friendly neighborhood collector

Ebay:
    This Ratchet looks really nice. I am glad he is getting the MPM treatment as they never seem to make too many of Ratchet like all the other characters they have done. I just hope he comes out looking good like he does here. Of course I know third party companies will probably make an even better version.

17. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t know why, but I’m rather impressed at the depiction of Ratchet’s feet in this rendition...but, it has been hard for me to commit to any of these newer renditions since I went all-in back in 2007 (though the Masterpiece version of Blackout was my last must-buy), though I wish that newer mold of Megatron was as big and shiny as a Masterpiece edition so I could have him battle my 07’ MP-class Optimus.

18. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did they even try to color match the front and the back?

19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I gotta be honest....me too.

I made a post about it a few pages back asking what do people actually expect from these toys, it went unanswered.

Like all message boards today, only negative posts garner any attention. It's ok though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Personally, I think this looks to be the best MPM yet. I can't wait.

• Like Like x 8
  20. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I think i will stick to my voyager toy i like it more, looks fun though