New MPM reveal (MPM-10 Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ShylockZeuss, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dillpickle

Dillpickle This looks like cool place to kick it!

News Credits:
    Wasn’t Megatron mostly good on the QC front? The copy I have is at least.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Scubamatics25

Scubamatics25 Well-Known Member

What QC issues did he have my copy is perfectly fine everything tabs in nicely and converts nicely, do you have one that's just shoddy it is bound to happen even with Masterpiece Figs

I have one too and so far I haven't had issue with it the only one I think that suffers horrible QC issues is MPM Ironhide but that's just me

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironhide doesn't even suffer QC issues. For him, it's just a stupidly finnicky design issue.

• Like Like x 4
  4. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yea I think imma start collecting more mom's. This thing looks sick.

• Like Like x 4
  5. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Whoa there Romeo, this isn't that kinda site. :D 

• Like Like x 12
  6. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

I've been through more then one copy and both of them had paint blemishes and unstable ratchet joints.

7. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if your problems were especially egregious, but you may be placing your expectations/standards a bit high there. For paint issues specifically, silver paint scuffs like crazy, and the dude's covered in the stuff. A little marring of the finish, while not particular desireable, is not wholly unexpected. And not entirely out-of-character either, so I wouldn't let it bother me, personally.

As for ratchet issues, some more elaboration might be required. Because a lot of people have reported wobbly, unstable legs, without realizing that the knees actually lock in a very solid, but not incredibly obvious, manner, and increase his stability tenfold afterward.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Going into a thread for something you have no interest in and don't like just to say how horrible you think it is is one of the main definitions of being a troll. Rethink your approach to commenting if you think that's OK.
    And that's an example of ME trolling YOU ;)  I knew what you meant, it just wasn't something I noticed and it doesn't bother me much. The only area I don't like is the lack of paint on the arms, which I can easily fix myself. Also, as with every starscream I've owned, I'm gonna panel-line the SHIT outta him :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Meanwhile KO:

upload_2020-5-25_20-23-8.png

• Like Like x 3
  10. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    If you're really only commenting on the toy, it looks to have a fun and intuitive conversion, good poseability. The very wide and flat torso, thin limbs, double knees, give his bot mode a very avian aesthetic, even his face is birdlike. It makes sense that a primarily flying robot would have decent aerodynamics and avian features. If you pretend it's not Starscream, and dont try to expect it to be super clean aesthetic and human proportioned, you might be able to appreciate the design a little more as an alien being disguised as a fighter jet

• Like Like x 4
  11. Reygn

Reygn Banned

A bad design is just that, a bad design. You can make an interesting design, but that doesn't make it good. The differece between Prime Soundwave and Bayverse Starscream is that one is an elegant, ninja-like, sweeping design, while the other is a mechanical dorito, with a chicken head.

12. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    You guys better go and check on your mothers

• Like Like x 6
  13. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Your opinion is just that, your opinion. The fact is this has been a profitable design by all objective measures..

• Like Like x 14
  14. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

It’s a lot more fitting for a evil , backstabbing and sniveling Decepticon. I feel like people rag on the movie designs a lot more than they deserve

• Like Like x 5
  15. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    We just want to enjoy our toys in peace, fellow toy collector. We know the films aren’t that great and they’re heavily flawed. I don’t think I’ve ever come across a Bayformer fan that doesn’t acknowledge this. We know the designs don’t 100% adhere to G1 (Kind of a weird complaint since Hastak has gotten creative with the designs for the last 25 years). We‘re told that “Bumblebee has shown what could’ve been back in 2007”. We’ve been told that “Bay raped/destroyed a lot of childhoods”. We’ve heard it all in the last 13 years. If you don’t like the movies, that’s fine. But at least let us enjoy our toys.

I’m by no means saying you shouldn’t be allowed to have opinion. Far from it. I’m just saying that we’ve heard it all for over a decade and it’s frankly annoying.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Reygn

Reygn Banned

True, it is an opinion.
    This design being profitable can be attributed more so to this being such an odd design, with it's oddness being so intriguing, rather than it being a good design, in terms of being good looking.

17. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    opinions. Not a “bad design”. It’s different. But then so is Armada Starscream. RiD Megatron is different from G1 Megatron. Is that bad too? Sorry, but this is an old gripe that really has no place in 2020. It’s an opinion that doesn’t relate to this toy. Anyone who dislikes the design won’t buy this figure anyway.

It’s a fantastic version of the character. Looks great, and I’m glad they have improved the articulation.

• Like Like x 7
  18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    For me, personally, I was intrigued, but ambivalent to Starscream's movie design when the first images of it leaked.

But the moment we actually saw it in motion, I fell in love. His presence in the 2007 film is equal parts gorilla and bird of prey. Simultaneously agile, yet brutal.

That was the greatness of the original Bay-verse designs in general. This was the first time in the franchise's history that serious thought was put into how these things moved. They're not humans wearing cardboard boxes. They're alien creatures, who can shape-shift into vehicles as naturally as we breathe. The movie designs capitalized on this, encapsulating how the energy and velocity of one form could be transferred to the other, and made them something beyond either man or vehicle, but something that was readily both at once.

• Like Like x 28
  19. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

It’s tiring to hear “HURR DURR BAYVURS SUKS!” 24/7. They weren’t perfect: but for God’s sake , Complain about something ELSE for once.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Primus Omega

Primus Omega Well-Known Member

The bayverse screamer design was amazing and bad ass looking. What in the world are you on?

• Like Like x 5