New MPM reveal (MPM-10 Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ShylockZeuss, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    mostacho man with functional cockpit, heh

• Like Like x 7
  2. Could Mango Juice

Could Mango Juice Todos saúdam Megatron!

News Credits:
    That's been my biggest issue with the MPM's. As great as they are (and they are super great), you'd think that they wouldn't have some of the QT issues they suffer from and would include premium paint apps for the price they are charging. With arguably every MPM release, a 3rd party company has come in and improved on both of those aspects. I totally get that it's incredibly easier for a 3rd party to come in and improve on work that has already been done and without the official there wouldn't be any KO's, but the 3rd parties show us that these issues can be corrected/avoided. Along with that, considering that 3rd party companies are able to produce their own original MPM-class figures (Steel Claw, Challenger, La Hire, Peru Kill, Dragoon etc) with superior paint apps and little to no QT issues (at least in my experience) for often a significantly better (or at least comparable) price than what an equivalent official MPM would run...you'd think that Hasbro, the official Transformers action figure producing company, could afford to correct these issues before releasing their own figure; especially since they are advertised as "Master Piece" figures and sold as such. Just my :2c: .

I'm with you. While I am happy to purchase a figure that I know does not have any obvious issues (MPM Jazz, MPM Bumblebee, several studio series figures...), knowing that an improved 3rd party version of the figure will be released and sold for up to half the price of the official usually results in me not purchasing an official. More times than not I wait and end up purchasing a KO because it's better than the official imo.

Maybe it's just a place holder of sorts? I've seen other figures be listed for a price that is later modified.

• Like Like x 6
  3. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my current modus operandi is, buy the official, play with it, wait for KO with better paint apps (and hopefully fixes.. IH KO never had the proper fixes so now waiting for black apple version), buy that, put the official back in box, play and admire the KO since that's what the toy's supposed to be, display KO.

Though so far, I only have had issues with MPM04 and MPM IH that badly, and only replaced MPM megs display with the KO due to paint apps. My retail mpm megs is perfectly fine QC wise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Don't worry, Starscream will be the same price as Megatron. Was it $160 in the US?
    The leaked Japanese solicitation has him for the same price as Megs in Japanese Yen.

That Facebook listing is simply overpriced..

• Like Like x 5
  5. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Nuisance

Idk if the companion would be Ratchet, as some people might lose interest once they've finished their Autobot set
    My guess would be Bonecrusher, but who knows

• Like Like x 1
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

If they did the ice cream truck guys as a set for $199 with a decent paint job and proper articulation, I'd have to consider it.

7. Notomus

Notomus Unofficial Pope of Devconism

News Credits:
    I never thought I would ever see anyone say the cartoons did the Doritos design first, thank you for your service.

• Like Like x 6
  8. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

If they continue the MPMs beyond the first movie, there are still plenty of Autobots to go.
    I'm hoping for Swipe, Dino, Drift, Crosshairs, Roddy, the twins, and Jolt.
    I also want TLK Megs and Barricade.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sentinel because he's really an autobot...

• Like Like x 1
  10. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Sentinel has always been a douchebag. He just upgraded to traiterous murdering douchebag in DOTM.
    IF I ever buy an MPM or 3P of Sentinel, I'll be applying Con stickers to his heinous aft and painting his eyes purple. I'll also be giving Hide his cosmic rust gun. :ev: 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Starscream is a little shorter than Megatron but much wider and his transformation will be more complex. Also I believe his alt mode will have more paint than Megatron. That’s why his price will be high. He’s going to be a big bot. And the remaining larger Decepticons from the first movie are all pretty large and complex so I would expect the same price or maybe a little lower for the rest if they do them.

I believe the leaked price is the Takara version price which I believe is a little higher than the Hasbro release. And as others have said the MPMs tend to shelf warm and if you wait you can pretty easily get them at a significant discount.

Prices in Canadian Dollars compared to what I paid including taxes and shipping below:

MPM-5 Barricade $120 MSRP and I paid $70.

MPM-6 Ironhide MSRP $150 and I paid $80.

MPM-8 Megatron MSRP $250 and I paid $160.

MPM-9 Jazz MSRP $130 and I paid $56.

I like the MPM line but I refuse to pay full price because they don’t have as much paint as the other MPs and their quality is often lacking. I bought two Jazz figures because it was so cheap but one of them had one of the car headlights loose in the box and the paint job on that one is also terrible so I’m going to try and return it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I need to track down a Jazz, Any leads on cheapish vendors now (guessing yours wasn't a recent purchasebut figured I would check). I haven't really looked around lately at if he is below retail still.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Maybe he will transform into a kibbleless accurate BIG jet mode! If that is the case, then I would drop any amount of cash to get him!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sayan Rahman

Sayan Rahman Well-Known Member

We can dream my friend but that'll most likely not be the case lmao, hopefully, it'll have the least jet kibble on a movie Starscream yet tho

• Like Like x 1
  15. NevaStream

NevaStream New Member

Okay seriously the whole "I'm going to wait for a KO" thing is getting so repetitive. Like what even is the point in saying that in a thread about a figure that hasn't even been revealed yet? You can buy whatever KO's you want, but damn, saying "I'm going to wait for a KO" for a figure that hasn't even been announced yet is toxic, congrats on not adding anything to the discussion.

Edit: My apologies, I came off as more aggressive than I should’ve been, but my opinion still stands

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 12
  16. Megawillbot

Not reading that, gonna wait for the KO of this post

• Like Like x 15
  17. Megawillbot

Okay seriously the whole "I'm going to wait for a KO" thing is getting so repetitive. Like what even is the point in saying that in a thread about a figure that hasn't even been revealed yet? You can buy whatever KO's you want, but damn, saying "I'm going to wait for a KO" for a figure that hasn't even been announced yet is toxic, congrats on not adding anything to the discussion.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Megawillbot

Yeah I agree

• Like Like x 11
  19. NevaStream

NevaStream New Member

I'm sure there's something funny about this but I don't get the joke lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Lol, you just joined today.

Get used to it, because it is said quite often, sometimes as a joke.

Also, bitching about other people being toxic when it's not breaking any rules is actually more toxic

Welcome to TFW.

• Like Like x 3