New MPM reveal (MPM-10 Starscream)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ShylockZeuss, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Dexatronic

Dexatronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i feel like the paint on this is a proto-type.. esp with how bad the Airforce symbols are

• Like Like x 1
  2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

219.00 on ShowZ.......wow

• Like Like x 1
  3. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    let's hope so... I'm waiting for Toysrus.ca preorders (because we actually saved our toyrus :p ) but I really want to see the real thing.

Yes, I'm in the "I'll buy the improved KO when it come" but I'm firmly in the "I'm buying the official release because I want to support this line and takara to keep making them" crowd. (and yes, that means 2+ copies of quite a few figures.. not all, just the ones I find the official totally lacking *cough*mpm04*cough*)

• Like Like x 1
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed!

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

If Target doesn't force us to get their fragging credit card in order to get Screamer, I might consider it.

6. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I’d go with ‘Designed using official CAD files- inspired by desire for profit.’

• Like Like x 1
  7. jaraxel

News Credits:
    "Inspired by CAD files, designed with random images from the movie, edited according to concept art pictures and verified by accountants who needed higher margins"

Team work!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It ain't designed using official CAD files until it also mass shifts like the CAD files. \s

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. jaraxel

News Credits:
    You know this always, always bugged me about bayverse screamer. The canopy was just too damned small in bot mode.... while yes, we can say the jetmode is mostly empty space and that's why it's so much larger than in bot mode, but then the jet parts also shrunk (most notably the canopy). With the first movie at least Bay has said one of the things he really didn't want was mass shifting, which I personally agree.

Then we have screamer that shifts like not tomorrow.... (and the glasses, though I get why in that case)

• Like Like x 4
  10. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I just always assumed the canopy glass split into sections/pieces, and parts of them went somewhere inside the chest while only a portion stayed visible. With the kind of alien biology/tech we’re supposed to believe Bayformers have, it worked for me. But idk

• Like Like x 11
  11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I was hoping this would be the one chance the jet mode finally wouldn't have kibble. The robot mode being improved upon was a constant in each movie line and it's been expected since 2007. So the robot mode being better than previous ones didn't surprise me at all with this MPM. Just wish the jet was on par.

• Like Like x 7
  12. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Starscream isn't the same height as Optimus. The only bulky part of the jet mode is its middle "rectangular" section, everything else is flat. The MPM version could have had a cleaner jet mode by making the jet larger to accommodate the robot mode parts.

My thoughts exactly

• Like Like x 3
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Which is funny, because if you compare the size of the jet fuselage (where all the robot mode would be) with the 32-foot Starscream on the far left, it really does look like the general mass lines up. It's really just the canopy that sticks out as obviously over-sized. I guess they wanted him to convincingly "shrink" but didn't want his entire chest to be a solid piece of glass.

Also, Bay's comment was about obvious size-changing ala G1 Soundwave, since he didn't want a giant two-story robot turning into an ipod. Somehow this got mangled, even back in 2007, into there being no mass-shifting whatsoever in the films, which is obviously not true when you see entire interiors just vanish. Bay just wanted it to look like the robots could feasibly compact or expand into their vehicle mode shapes and sizes.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Glyder

Glyder Well-Known Member

And ILM did an amazing job making the concept a reality.
    The transformations look physically possible with how they animated them.

They are also stupidly intricate and semi-newtonian.
    If I remember correctly in a 'making of' a ILM artist said that Primes first transformation in the 2007 movie consisted of 65.000 moving parts! :eek: 

• Like Like x 5
  15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    It's that time again:
    8F60C007-51E8-43BA-B297-2663F34988C4.gif

• Like Like x 10
  16. AtomicLad

AtomicLad Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Capture.JPG

I have to say, for this kind of price point Hasbro really should/could have done much better on the underside. Robot mode looks GREAT but that fighter from the side and underside is just trash looking and Hasbro knows it too, they take great pains to hide that underside kibble in the promo video and try to obscure the bad angles with lens flares and hyper-quick cuts. :( 

• Like Like x 4
  17. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think everyone is going a little overboard with the kibble on the underside. Every Movie Starscream figure has had a decent bit of stuff on the underside, even those that did it better than others. I would have liked it to be a bit cleaner too but for how fantastic the robot mode is it is a worthy trade.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah. We've come to expect progressively better robot modes since the 1st movie and Hasbro has delivered on that. Since this is an MP, it would've been the ideal time to make a jet mode just as fantastic as the robot mode.

I didn't even like the movie Starscream design until the 2nd or 3rd trailers in 2007 and the automorph transformation won me over, more on that here:
    TFWe Issue 03 - July 2011

A great movie Starscream robot mode paired with a sleek F-22 jet mode is something I've wanted since then. Judging by the closer screengrabs Seth Sunthay posted pages back, the underside from the side in jet mode may be more apparent than the HFTD leader mode. From the top I have no qualms aside from the paintjob(which Takara did a much better job with on the MB versions of Starscream and their 1st MPM Starscream).

• Like Like x 5
  19. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I still think that it’s being hard on it regardless. In terms of the jet undercarriage I don’t think any Starscream has surpassed the ROTF Voyager in terms of the F22 being sleek and even that wasn’t perfect. If anyone doesn’t like it then hey cool for you, like I said I am certainly not a fan but people acting like this is the worst jet mode ever are just wrong. It’s decent enough.

I love the Movie Starscream design and always have. That’s why I am seriously hyped for this figure because it does the robot mode justice. I feel like it’s damn near the ThreeA in terms of proportion and details which of course is completely accurate to the CGI.

Third party and MP figures have certainly raised the bar with what can be done with engineering so I understand where people are coming from even if I still think it’s overkill. Personally I am going to wait to experience the engineering myself to see if that justifies it. Once again, if some jet sleekness had to be sacrificed for the amazing robot mode then I am all for it. The Bay designs were never going to be absolutely perfect even in MP form so I am forgiving of some stuff.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. jaraxel

News Credits: