NEW MP MEGATRON IS FINALLY HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chockey88, Oct 21, 2016.

1. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    Nah, I doubt it. The last MP Megatron ran into some issues when importing, so I think we will not see this MP Megatron getting a stateside release. Folks that want this will need to order online. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see MP Megatron carried domestically at TRU/Target/ and everywhere else. But history suggests that this won't happen.

2. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

That's fair enough but can you honestly tell me you can look at the angles in this image and say this is better?

[​IMG]

Top of the calves, triceps areas...both look hollow and exposed. Back looks terrible, like there's a cover missing almost, and the collarbone area is just a mess of gaps and exposed hinges. It's really not very encouraging.

• Like Like x 1
  3. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

4. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

No, no more OP g1 masterpiece remakes. If we absolutely must go to that well again, I'd much prefer masterpiece ginrai/pmop. Maybe G2 laser OP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

It's hard to take this comment seriously from someone who actually thinks Giga makes good looking robots!?

:lol 

As for this guy, I'm loving the accessories, I somehow feel they were mandatory in order to jack his price up to the $150 or so that these guys, the bigger robots tend to go for. As for Megatron himself.....I dunno.. I think he's definitely better than the rest of the other options but doesn't blow them away in terms of aesthetics, he certainly will be a much better quality figure than that POS Crapollyon but I feel at this stage all the Megatron's, this guy included, have their flaws and strengths, this guys comes out on top because he has more strengths and less flaws.

The strengths are very good, the face sculpt, as always with TT fantastic! Like Mightron, they managed to keep the fusion canon a nice size proportionally to his body. I like the colour of grey used for him.

The gun looks quite good to me, but I know what mode he'll be spending 99.9% of his time in so I'm not that fussed about it. I think the mouth on the smiley face looks weird, the feet look too small, hawk-like, identical to MP-29's, his legs, although accurate to the source material, look a bit bit long compared to the torso.

He's looking very good, just not a show stopper, of course this could and I'm sure will change when we see more pics of him closer to the release date and then we'll hear the sound of a thousand Apollyons, Mightrons and Despotrons being smashed!

Man...at the rate at which TT is producing robots, if the rumoured Jazz and Hoist are anything to go by, if third parties don't step up their game and start giving me characters I really want that TT more than likely won't be making anytime soon like combiners and post movie season 3 and 4 characters, particularly the Technobots, Apeface and Brainstorm, I could easily see the FT dibots and Phoenix being some of my very last third party figures.!?

:D 

6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a word yes. I appreciate all the engineering that went into it but more importantly it looks like Transformers G1 Masterpiece Megatron .Not IDW not Revoltech and not a transforming gun robot. Would I prefer a totally clean back and no panel lines, of course. However my OCD does not extend to point that when something I might have preferred doesn't happen it doesnt ruin the whole project. I'm not saying Despotron is a crap toy but it misses the mark far for a lot of people who are excited about this.You're complaining about hollow parts and such but they did what Maketoy or Mightron couldn't do make an accurate G1 Megatron without oversizing the alt mode or pieces to accomodate bot transformation . While some people love his proportions he looks like a joke to me. I could see an adult owning this, but Despotron looks like something somebody grandma gets them for their 12th birthday. But in the end thats just my opinion,in the end as always the market will decide if its better or not

• Like Like x 4
  7. Technoid

Technoid Well-Known Member

Interesting...all the 3P's have...legs that are lacking and overall good torsos...

TT has great looking legs (from the front) but that torso...

Jokes asside, He'll look great standing besides my TT laserwave, besides My TT MP10 not so much....

He gives me that "soft pvc non transforming action figure feel"

And the gun mode really looks like its going to fall apart in a rain of panels.

I'll probably buy him to put besides Laserwave (my wallet hates me :p  ) but damn the MP line is officially now the "G1 animated line"

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I'm so happy for those fans that have been wanting one since MP 10 Prime came out.

9. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

is he wearing a black diaper? ill stick with despotron. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  10. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Megatron and Starscream at 3P after the official reveal.

• Like Like x 7
  11. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    Glad for you official only guys, finally a Megs for you. Looks like shit though, but hey, it's offical. Glad it seems to pass muster for y'all in all seriousness...
    This is just stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    one of the few times I agree with you

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I hope I can get it under $150 at Anime Export.

Now if only they can finally make a Masterpiece Jazz. Then there will be hope for the others.

14. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I like the nod to the movie behind the face plate. Nice touch.

15. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:

In hand? Seems some pretty rampant speculation and leaps there. Did you by any chance just by some 3P megatron?

I was keen on getting one, but really not happy with the legs on either of the most recent two, or the head sculpts.

16. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is despotron running on steroids and mcdonald's meals, having two big black fridges instead of lower legs and ugly ass face?
    I'll stick with tt megatron.

17. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah inconsistent looking ...
    AHAHAHAHAH!!!
    good joke.
    Now please go buy a pair of spectacles...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gargamel

Gargamel Well-Known Member

Doesn't look very good to me. I actually think I prefer MP5. And obviously the three 3P offerings.

To me:

1. Mightron
    2. Appolyon
    3. Despotron
    4. New MP Megatron
    4.5. MP5

19. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

What exactly is it that you don't like about it? I always find it amusing when someone doesn't like something- but can't seem to articulate why.

My rating in order of preference is:

1. Takara Megatron
    2. Maketoys Despotron
    3. DX9 Mightron
    4. XTransbots Apollyon
    5. Takara MP-5

This could be the best Takara release yet. It seems like they finally caught wind of why 3P have such a fan following by adding all those extra accessories and display options. It only took like 10 years to get here but finally they seem to understand that at this price point they better drop some goodies in that box.

Hmm- now do I buy him on release or wait a few months for the KO?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  20. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

Yeah, inconsistent-looking. The legs look pretty good and the calves in particular have a great silhouette, but the back is an eyesore as is the collarbone area. When the cartoon looks like this:

[​IMG]

This is pretty dismal and not really acceptable, especially from the official, "definitive" version:

[​IMG]

Not one of the main 3 3P offerings managed to screw that part up...

[​IMG]

Are they perfect? No, but in terms of care taken in design they seem in several ways head and shoulders above this shameless cash-in.

• Like Like x 1