new movie- "Transformers: Beast Alliance"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Feb 5, 2021.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I could easily see them cutting the budget in half by filming actual locations/scenery instead of making everything out of CGI.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nothing, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  3. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    1. This is a fake article.
    2. None of the future movies are planned to connect to bay's

• Like Like x 7
  4. Fox13

Fox13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not a reliable source, not worth paying attention to.

• Like Like x 1
  5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Well that's one way for Hasbro to further push G1 fans away from their live action films....

Any news on SS86 Wave yet?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I guess it depends on how you think about it. In an idealized theoretical bubble "("if I were the producer") it might be possible. But you also have to take into consideration other factors, like the popularity of the brands and things like Transformers having more visual complexity than animals (which I'm guessing would boost the budget at least a little bit higher, even if you simplified the designs more).

Stuff like Jungle Book and Lion King are monolithic cultural icons that essentially everyone knows by heart. Every kid grows up watching classic Disney animated movies, especially Lion King. Making a photorealistic CGI Lion King is a no-brainer, because they're just recreating the same story in live-action, and it's guaranteed to be a massive hit because...it's the Lion King. All the hard groundwork has been done for them (right down to the songs already existing and being burned into people minds). Jungle Book 2016 took more liberties, but it was still essentially a more streamlined and 'cinematic' version of the '60s movie.

To me that seems a lot different than making an all-CGI Transformers film. Even with the hit Bay movies, there are really only a handful of aspects of Transformers that are household names. Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, Camaro, Sam, maybe a few more. To a lot of average Joes, Transformers is 'just' a toy commercial and/or a summer blockbuster pastime series. There's no monolithic Transformers story in the vein of Lion King or Jungle Book...something people know by heart. Something that is so burned into peoples' brains that it's guaranteed to be a smash hit just by name recognition. Beast Wars is especially risky because it's a somewhat divisive incarnation of Transformers.

We're at a point where Transformers isn't doing so hot as a movie series. Supposedly future Transformers movies are being budgeted similarly to Bumblebee (135 million), which probably isn't enough to do a photorealistic CGI movie. If some rich producer came along and wanted to fund an all CGI Transformers film as a passion project, sure, it could happen. But I just don't see it realistically happening in the current climate.

Totally agree with all this.

That's a good thought, but unfortunately it's not quite that simple. Giant robots stomping around would affect the environment around them by casting shadows on things, leaving footprints, moving grass, creating vibrations that would shake things, breaking branches, etc. Meaning a fair portion of the environment has to be CGI too. You can't really have a fake robot interact with a real environment. Just sticking CGI robots in real footage would cause them to look phony and not properly integrated. This is why movies like Lion King 2019 use CGI environments. Or even the airport battle in Civil War.

A good example of this looking phony is the scene in TLK when Cogman knocks Crosshairs over. Notice how the bowling pins stay standing, even though a big heavy robot just smashed into the ground a few yards away. Those bowling pins should be knocked over by the vibration (and the balls should definitely go rolling). This particular error could have been fixed cheaply with some string...but they can't attach string to every tree branch and piece of grass and whatnot to account for every movement. All that has to be CGI simulations. To the point where it's easier to just simulate everything instead of trying to replace individual branches and stuff...that's super monotonous. It's hard to replace things once they've been filmed. For instance, it would be pain to make these bowling pins fall over with CGI after they had already been filmed standing (hence why they probably didn't bother). It would be easier to film this scene without the bowling pins, and make them entirely CGI later. Just imagine that, but with an entire CGI jungle or forest for 2 hours straight.

ezgif-7-6c291992ecb3.gif

• Like Like x 4
  7. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Then just make it an animated movie that doesn't need to be photorealistic and it will have a drastically lower budget. There's solutions to this stuff, and making a heist movie set in the 90's isn't one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I agree that an animated movie would be cool. Or even a compromise...something semi-realistic like Tin-Tin instead of a more cartoony Disney-style movie. I've always liked Tin-Tin's approach to action. It took its action scenes seriously instead of having slapstick/cartoon violence, it almost felt like it had the choreography of a live-action movie (although a bit more heightened and over-the-top). I'd love that style in a Transformers movie. I'm hoping we get that in the Cybertron prequel. Almost like those War/Fall of Cybertron cinematic trailers.

I personally think there are ways they could do Beast Wars movie in a modern setting...but I'm in complete agreement that the heist movie thing is a bad idea. I'd definitely keep my mind open if they wanted to go that route, but it would be worrying to me. I would like something more like Skull Island. A secluded setting that could have a prehistoric vibe to it. Beast Transformers running around Brooklyn sounds silly to me.

9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

so i've gone through about 27 of their articles with insider info, one was false, several were true, and most were undetermined since they're regarding stuff that hasn't been released yet. one thing to note is that this transformers info seems to be different from their other articles, most of them are usually casting info and character bios, this on the other hand seems to uniquely have knowledge of the working title and plot synopsis

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

how many of the ones that were true were sourced from other sites, and how many were just "our sources say" like this one

11. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I was only looking at the "our sources say", they're listed as exclusives on their site. While researching them I've noticed screen rant in particular likes to report on their stuff

for those interested illuminerdi credability

I wrote it with the funni font

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Presented by ZAIA

News Credits:
    I doubt this rumor is based on anything factual.

The title as well as the synopsis are so generic that they could've easily been pulled out of some guy's butt.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They also said that Hasbro would cut ties with Toei and stop using Super Sentai footage for Power Rangers after Power Rangers Dino Fury, which they also said Dino Fury would be one season but those haven't been confirmed at all.

14. Apollux

Apollux Turbomaster - Former Leaker

Ebay:
    So hypothetically if some of these rumours were true, how much would a truly amazing toyline offset any negative feelings?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me if they do anything with Beasts in in LA movies, they have to look like real animals and not robot animals.

• Like Like x 1
  16. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I would honestly prefer to have a good movie that doesn’t make me hate myself for being a TF fan.

But I mean, I’d probably buy it if there was great figures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Megatron might need to work on his alt mode if he is going to be disguised in the 1990s 

18. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    D44DB140-CEE5-4C33-B601-18163F13AF4F.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    BW Megatron, as a character in a film, works perfectly as the mastermind behind the scenes, pulling the strings, with the big reveal at the end. In that case, a T-Rex is perfect because s#!t has already gone down by that point and all bets are off.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My dad works at nintendo and not only is this all real if you guys keep beating my score on Mario he'll ban you all.

• Like Like x 8