new movie- "Transformers: Beast Alliance"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Feb 5, 2021.

1. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Softy Crime Lord

News Credits:
    My Criminal Empire (Note: No Crime Allowed)
    Technically we might already have a leaked official title...some sites were reporting that the title is "The Transformers". I doubt we'll have an official reveal until they start filming, at earliest. I believe TLK's title was revealed around the time filming started. But as @Music pointed out, some have been revealed much later.

2. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

I just find it weird paramount is teasing sonic the hedgehog 2 and tells when the production starts already and says nothing about transformers,sonic comes out only 2 months before transformers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I looked through the previous production calls and it's interesting to see how the working title has changed over time:
    1. UNTITLED TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS PROJECT and UNTITLED TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE UNIVERSE PROJECT
    2. UNTITLED TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE PROJECT
    3. TRANSFORMERS: BEAST ALLIANCE
    4. TRANSFORMERS: BEAST ALLIANCE (w/t E77)

• Like Like x 2
  4. MacFormer97

MacFormer97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting.

I have heard from friends within Paramount that the upcoming movie is not the dedicated Beast Wars movie. As I have said before, Paramount/Hasbro are sitting on that movie until the nostalgia timing is right. Maybe they are seeding in those characters and ideas now in order to prime audiences for a future film.

I also saw logo treatments (basically concept art for the film's logo) that was just "The Transformers," and it was split like the original cartoon logo. ("Trans" on top, "Formers" on the bottom). Either Beast Alliance is the final title and they decided not to go with The Transformers, or Beast Alliance is just the production name. We'll see, I suppose. I believe we should hear more about the film fairly soon (next couple of months, not necessarily within days).

Edit: Thinking about it, The Transformers could be the title of the animated film, I guess. I do know that it is farther into development than people would expect.

• Like Like x 11
  5. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Huh, interesting. If Beast Alliance isn't the dedicated Beast Wars film, I'm curious why they chose that working title. I wonder if it's a complete red herring, or if Beasts actually factor into the movie somehow. Like how Brighton Falls was Bumblebee's working title, and that was the name of the town.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe the G1 predacons are the villains?

• Like Like x 7
  7. MacFormer97

News Credits:
    If I had to guess, I'd think that some Beast Wars characters or just general beast Transformers will be introduced in the movie to begin setting up the idea of the Beast Wars without it being the primary focus of the movie.

Worst case scenario, they mashed the traditional Transformers film and the planned Beast Wars film into one (much like what they did with The Last Knight, which was originally three separate scripts).

• Like Like x 7
  8. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God yes. Though I'd like it if they held out Predaking for a major moment later on if that was the case.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Is there any thing else you can tell us about this film?

10. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I think the first idea would be very smart. Not only has that sort of approach worked well for Marvel, but it makes sense to ease casual moviegoers into the concept and characters Beast Wars before making a movie devoted to that.

I really hope the second option hasn't happened. At this point I think Bumblebee shows that Transformers films (like any other movie) need a solid, focused script. It doesn't have to be anything too genius, but it should be more than a mixmash of seemingly cool ideas crammed together. What does worry me is that Lorenzo DiBonaventura was very insistent that a pure Beast Wars films would be too expensive. I could sort of see him shoehorning Beast Wars into something else just to get around that. Hopefully that hasn't happened.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MacFormer97

News Credits:
    I will be frank: the people I know at Paramount aren't directly working on the movie. Lots and lots of meetings and such occur to plan the direction, feel, marketability, financial benefit, etc. of a movie, and that's where my sources come in. So I haven't seen a script or character list or possible casting or anything like that--the most I've seen are the early logo treatments. Because of this, I know more about the big-picture direction of the franchise rather than any specific about plot or characters. I do know that Paramount was very happy with the "feel" of Bumblebee and felt that the later Bay films became too big and impersonal.

That doesn't mean that every Transformers film going forward will have a very small robot cast--what I have heard points to this film having about an '07 movie-level cast--but Paramount and Hasbro do believe that the strength of Transformers lies in its heart, not its lore.

Don't freak out about that last part. They are still going to be pulling from wider Transformers lore. Just that the emotional bond between characters will be at the forefront of the series moving forward. I actually do know more about the animated film than I do the live-action one, though this may not be the right thread to discuss it. But to use it to make a point about what I'm saying: the description that it would center around the relationship between Optimus and Megatron was spot-on. That is absolutely the core of the film--more than the war, than in-universe politics, than figuring out how to string together big battles. It is the story of two friends growing dangerously apart.

(I also know there are more films being considered beyond Beast Wars, the Bumblebee sequel, and the animated film. Paramount is still interested in an Optimus movie. And they're also interested in bringing Transformers somehow to Paramount+. Just aren't sure of how to do it in a budget-friendly way, hence why they at least secured a show for Nickelodeon in the meantime).

• Like Like x 16
  12. mn_128875

News Credits:
    The last 2 paragraphs just made my year. I’m extremely hyped now!

• Like Like x 2
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Sounds like paramount is trying to pull its shit together with the stuff licensed out to them :) 

14. mn_128875

News Credits:
    Also just asking about the animated movie, are peter Cullen and frank welker involved?

• Like Like x 2
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    @MacFormer97 Again thanks for clearing some things up about the next movie. It does help to know more about what to expect and so far they sound promising. BTW when you said that Paramount and Hasbro are considering more films beyond the confirmed ones we know right now does that mean we could possibly see TF movies based off of other non G1 eras such as the Unicron Trilogy be made when the nostalgia timing for them is right like how they're waiting for the nostalgia timing for the BW movie to be right?

16. MacFormer97

News Credits:
    Obviously everything is dependent upon execution. Paramount has had noble goals in the past, as well, and it didn't always turn out as hoped.

But they are inspired by the reaction to Bumblebee, so hopefully things turn out well again.

Last thing I will say for now is that unlike the MCU and some other big franchise properties, the Transformers franchise isn't really being headed by a singular vision or writers room or such right now. Paramount gave Travis Knight freedom to express his vision, and it worked wonders for them. That is the direction they are continuing in: giving writers and directors freedom over their work, just with general directions for tone and such. If anything, Hasbro itself has stepped in as the resource for story consistency and things like that.

• Like Like x 8
  17. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I'm really glad Hasbro and Paramount seem to be leaning in this direction. Don't get me wrong, Transformers has some cool lore. But I feel like Hasbro and Paramount became too focused on that for a while. Especially during the ROTF/TFP/Aligned/Covenant of Primus era. It became all about mythologizing and creating this grand epic LOTR-style lore. Apparently Bay and his writers were very interested in that type of stuff (and Orci and Kutrzman went on to work on Aligned). But to me Transformers isn't about that. I see Transformers as more of a fun pulpy sci-fi franchise to tell adventures with likeable characters and the core gimmick of transformation. I'm glad we seem to be moving away from the Covenant of Primus stuff. A bit of mythology and lore as icing on the cake works best.

Just out of curiosity, do you know any of the specific ideas or premises for other movies that haven't been announced yet? I totally get it if you don't want to reveal anything. Although I'd also be curious to know about any scrapped writer's room ideas. I think all we know is that they pitched an ancient Rome movie and a Feudal Japan movie. And of course Bumblebee, Cybertron prequel, and the three scripts that became TLK (WW2, AOE sequel, and King Arthur). But that leaves about seven ideas unaccounted for...supposedly they came up with fourteen. I've always been curious what other ideas they came up with, even if they'll never see the light of day.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Jalen Frisby

Jalen Frisby BumblebeeLover

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well i'm glad they're learning, and also glad Hasbro has more control over what to do and say for future TF Movies

• Like Like x 3
  19. MacFormer97

News Credits:
    I have no idea, sorry. I am not confident the movie is even to the stage yet where they are recording lines (which happens later in production for animated movies than you might imagine).

Again, I'm not sure, sorry. if something like that were to happen, I imagine it is a long ways off.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    ...have you been verified by @SilverOptimus

The reason I ask is because back before the collapse of 2017, there was a guy who claimed he was an insider and was spouting all kinds of stuff that people wanted to hear. Except when suddenly TLK was one of the highest profile disasters in a decade, he was claiming that Bumblebee was not going to be anything less than a full bayverse prequel.

And then Bumblebee actually came out as its own thing and the 'insider' in question? He hasn't been seen for years.

Maybe you're legit, if a mod gives you the all-clear then I'll buy into your story. But right now unless this has already happened and the mods said you have the connections you say you do, I'm getting the same vibes I did with that other guy in that what you're saying is entirely made up simply for attention.

• Like Like x 1