new movie- "Transformers: Beast Alliance"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Feb 5, 2021.

1. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  2. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From reading this I can picture this happening. The characters are going to take an earth mode like waspinator being a heli etc. The device they are trying to steal was created by shockwave that transforms cybertroinans into alt modes. I can picture the autobot lead being grimlock while the decpticon being scorponok or trantulas. No bw megs or primal. At the end or near the middle of the third act they meet up with prime, bee and thr others.

3. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Maybe. Personally, I'm sick of humans in my Transformers movies. At best they've been emotionally relatable, and at worst they've been obnoxious caricatures. Adding humans into Beast Wars, which isn't meant to have any humans in it, shows me that right off the bat the movie cares more about mass audience appeal than it does actually being a good adaptation. I'm sure that decision will probably make the movie more successful in the long run, but it likely won't be for me.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
  4. metrotitan2346

metrotitan2346 Banned

Instagram:
    I just think it's funny that in a franchise about robots that change shape, a concerning number of us seem to be unable to accept change. Some are unable to accept it to the point of just wanting to get rid of creative license and outright wanting a rehash of g1. I have my own worries about this film as is. Are they gonna be giant ass animals or are they going to mass shift. if they mass shift how will they explain it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

There are so many greater concerns for this movie than the idea of primal showing up along side prime in the same Frame. We don't know if the story will be good, if they'll hire a decent composer, if they might butcher the designs of live action beast wars characters. If the movie has the feel of g1 I don't think the maximal showing up half way through is gonna ruin that

6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Softy Crime Lord

News Credits:
    My Criminal Empire (Note: No Crime Allowed)
    At the end of the day, mass audience appeal is the most important aspect. That's what will bring in the money and make new fans. But having mass audience appeal doesn't mean it has to be a bad adaptation...something like Avengers does both. When it's done well, I don't think mass audience appeal is a bad thing. Transformers isn't some indie brand that's only supposed to appeal to a handful of elite intellectuals...it's a high-concept sci-fi adventure that should be enjoyable and inclusive to anyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally like humans in Transformers, although I do agree with you that most of them have been obnoxious caricatures. Personally, I don't think humans need to be eliminated...just the dumb boring human drama. Does anyone really care about whether Sam gets a job or passes his quiz or is able to say "I love you" to his girlfriend? Just tell stories about humans befriending some robots and going on adventures, and skip all that boring stuff (or keep it to a bare minimum, and develop it during the adventure). I don't think anyone...fan or non-fan...is there to see lengthy scenes of real-world human drama.

As controversial as The Last Knight is, that's one aspect I like about it. The movie just starts with Cade on the adventure, helping the Autobots. No boring setup about him losing his job and rethinking his life or anything like that. I really wish future Transformers movies would take a similar approach. Maybe a brief setup of how the humans meet the Transformers, then just pure adventure. We don't need this movie to be some tale about...a zookeeper reconnecting with his family who doesn't approve of him being a zookeeper (or something else silly like that). Just have some robots go on an adventure with some humans.

7. Ryan101

Ryan101 That Dude

News Credits:
    It wouldn’t surprise me if the beast characters are going to end up being small transformers. Like Cheetor will be the size of a real life cheetah, Primal will be the size of a real monke. Not oversized to be the size of your usual transformer like Optimus Prime or Bee.

8. BBJazz

After five generally disliked movies among the fandom, and one that typically is considered "good enough", we would think that maybe a different approach would be considered. It's true that Beast Wars originally was a massive departure from G1 before it, but it also consisted of entirely new characters. Optimus and Megatron in Beast Wars were canonically not the same as Optimus and Megatron from G1. In other words, Beast Wars expanded on existing lore, whereas this movie sounds like it will be an attempt to rewrite existing lore. I'm all for new stuff, but rehashing old concepts made palatable to mass audiences by changing important details and adding human stars doesn't sound like new stuff. It sounds like the old stuff with all the fun sucked out of it and replaced with marketability.

No, it isn't surprising that this appears to be the direction they're taking it in. Beast Wars was always an incredibly strange concept, and I never expected a faithful adaptation of it at the box office. This is more or less what I always expected a Beast Wars movie to be. It's just a shame that it couldn't be more. And who knows? Maybe the movie will be good. It's not out of the realm of possibility. I just don't like what I'm hearing so far.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  9. BBJazz

While it's true that Avengers does both, it's also a much broader and generally more marketable concept. You're talking about super heroes vs transforming robots. It's a lot easier to adapt the former. There has been one human character in all of Transformers history that I actually feel was well written: Verity Carlo. Every other human has been acceptable at best. Again, the movie could be good, but I'm keeping my expectations very low.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jametron

jametron Take a good plane and shave off all the edges…

News Credits:
    “BUT HE TELL ME!!!”:lol 

11. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

They should just jump straight to beast machines, the bay astetchic would work great on those designs.

12. Cardion

Cardion Courage and Good Cheer!

News Credits:
    Technorganic Steroids. Cheetor's been juicing again.

• Like Like x 2
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    A heist movie where the Maximals use organic beast modes (that remain the correct size) to try and steal the Golden Disc but things go south when the Predacons show up as giant bugs and dinosaurs to take it by force.

Sets up most of the Maximals to be roughly human sized or slightly bigger (save for guys like Airazor and Rattrap who'd be smaller) and look like underdogs to the oversized likes of Tarantulas, Scorponok, and Megatron.

The climax in Africa would reveal Magnaboss was dormant there, and part of their mission would involve reuniting Silverbolt to form the combiner and even the odds.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I think the main reason the Bay movies were bad has little to do with faithfulness, I think it's mostly because they weren't well-constructed films. The writing was sloppy, the characters weren't very likable or relatable, and the designs were a bit too messy (along with a bunch of other problems). People like to harp on how they're not accurate or reverent to the G1 cartoon, but if they had been really well-written and had great characters...and still not been very faithful...I think people would have been a lot more receptive towards them. Even aspects I personally don't like (like violent war-hardened Optimus) probably could have been done well. It was all just handled very sloppily. To me that's what needs to be changed...getting filmmaking fundamentals like solid storytelling and characterization down.

And I totally think your worries are warranted. This could definitely end up being a watered-down version of Beast Wars that removes all the fun aspects and replaces it with cliché human storylines meant to pander to the masses. But I'm a bit more optimistic. We probably only know 0.1% of this movie so far...we really don't have any indicators of quality outside of a really vague premise. Which might not even be entirely accurate...TLK's leaks were proof that some aspects of a reliable leak can be false if the leaker doesn't understand the context. Like, for all we know half of the movie could take place in prehistoric times, and the supposed heist might be a relatively small part. There's really just no way to know yet. I at least want to hear a bit more before I get too cynical.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I think many people on here, Beast Wars fans or otherwise, are having knee-jerk reactions to a movie we know very little about.

One, we don't know for certain it will even be trying to be Beast Wars. So it's in the 1990s and takes place from Brooklynn to South America and resembles a heist film of sorts. So what?

If it's not Beast Wars inspired, who cares? Personally, I think a Transformers film in the 90s that travels to South America could be fun for all you know. Give it a shot.

And if it is inspired by Beast Wars, who cares? Because if they did a full-on Beast Wars taking place in the Pleistocene or Pliocene, the bulk of the general audience would probably not be interested, and the fans would complain, because it likely wouldn't fit the imaginary Beast Wars movie BW fans would want. We're not getting a 100% BW movie. A movie with elements from Beast Wars with modern human characters is most likely as close as we'll come to Beast Wars.

Like or dislike this movie when it comes out for its execution (Shrexecution?) as an individual movie and and NOT because it doesn't fit your inner vision of what a live action Transformers movie, Beast Wars-inspired or otherwise, should be.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'm not excited about the possibility of another globe-trotting film. I liked the fact that Bumblebee felt self-contained, which is refreshing in this age of "end of the world" blockbuster movies. That being said, if the execution is good I'm fine with whatever direction they decide to go in.

• Like Like x 4
  17. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    I share your sentiment. I'm up for anything if they do it well, but I did like the more self-contained feel of Bumblebee. I'm kind of hoping the Bumblebee sequel keeps that vibe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This honestly just sounds like a waste of money and time. I would rather see another movie in the Bee verse focused around someone we care about rather than a horribly butchered version of a beast wars film that will probably sink the franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  19. BBJazz

I understand where you're coming from. Believe me I want it to be good, but I've lost faith in live action transformers at this point. I've been disappointed too much to get my hopes up now. If it does end up being good, then I'll happily eat those words.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

If you prefer smaller scale, there's nothing wrong with that. I don't think a globe-trotting film needs to be end of the world. You can still have a more intimate film that travels the globe.

Personally though, travelling the globe is an adventure, and I like it when Transformers is an adventure and one gets to see interesting places as well as characters.

• Like Like x 2