New Moon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by NemesisBruticus, Jun 3, 2009.

1. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

Riiiiiiight...

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Surely you're not going to say that Connery hasn't done stuff just for the paycheque? :tongue:  I appreciate that he's now pretty much retired, but he's got a phenomenal standard of life because he's made a shitload of films, and some of them were crap.

I think you're missing part of what I'm getting at: if an actor is turning down roles, his public image fades. He has to keep himself in the public eye so he's perceived as a success by filmmakers, and will therefore be offered more roles. Of course, he could live a more frugal life, but then why not stick to stage acting? Not as much money, but more chance to practice one's art. You have to want the fame and fortune to be a Hollywood actor, and part of the price of that is going to be some bad films.
    *adjusts large floppy hat, swishes scarf over shoulder*

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Showin' your age and lack of literary credibility. You just don't know any better.

Go read some real literature instead of filling your mind with tripe.

Aaaaand just because it fits the thread:

[​IMG]

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

You just made my day:lol  Probably the one thing I agree on with Gaston.

5. sondura

sondura duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

And my little pony is stupid! And Barbie is dumb! And girls smell funny!

6. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    honestly the first time i saw twilight i liked it....then i watched it again and thought is wasn't as good.....then painfully had to watch it again and decided that the movie was pretty crap and the werewolf in new moon is just.....:yuck 

7. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Only one solution KILL IT WITH FIRE !!!

8. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    No oonnne
    Beats Vampires like Gaston
    No one uses l33t like Gaston
    No one hates Twilight, New Moon, Breaking Dawn like Gaston!

9. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Sean Connery did make a shitload of flims, however most of them were good, money grabbing films. I'm sure he did some junky ones here and there but the reason he was able to stay with the art (that's what acting is), and keep having fun in his roles he made the money to retire. What I'm saying is if you continuously do films for the sake of money and money only and come out in the public eye saying as such, people's opinions of you will go down. Its negative feelings that transfer onto an audience and can leave distaste in the minds of those who may have had fun watching your role on screen. its also to the point where the two actors Robert and Kristen are purposefully playing their roles in a negative way. Its distracting as both an actor, and as a regular movie goer to see horrible acting happening and know the actor can do better.

It's like going to a Car dealership and having the salesman give about %50 of his effort towards selling the car. It aint gonna sell. Why because his believability is out the window.

The opposite of this is someone like Jason Statham. He's done horrible stuff movie wise over the past couple years in terms of story and actual roles and hell even payout, but the point is, is he's doing what he loves. He's actually having fun acting in movie lik Crank and the Transporter, whereas Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart make it a struggle for themselves, and for me that just seems dumb. But I guess to each his own. And for now I'll shut up cause I'm prolly not gonna change anybody's mind on the subject and we'll agree to disagree.

Also @ BenPrice, Naw for serious man. I am workin on my career right now. I'm currently working out of Modesto, CA. Check out my Facebook if you care to go a step further. vvvvvvvvvvv It's down in my sig. Click on the Goofy musical link to see me and my friends current project.

10. Keroshino

Keroshino Lovable Clod!

News Credits:
    I just love how Gaston is reading the book :lol 

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

TWO threads on New Moon? OMG, TFW loves Twilight!

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Who bumped this Zombie Shit!:mad 

It reminds me of this one time me and my buddy Keith.......