New Moon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by NemesisBruticus, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    And here I thought I was getting into a field of work where my piers actually respected the industry. Go find real work that you like you dickwads! This is just dissapointing to learn, I mean really.

I also don't understand why you would do that in the first place. If you don't like the part why do it? Even with the big payout, they're making the movie worse by purposely acting awkward in the roles. Man this bugs me. :( 

2. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

^ This

^ Me too

^ Funny =)

3. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    No Transformers VS Twilight

Hehe

4. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Honestly, the first one was only bad because the first 1 act of the movie was Angsty narration + creepy stalker staring at girl (0_o)

The second act of the movie was a little less annoying, but the bad acting ruined it, along with all the dumb metaphors. And the third one can only be likened to when you're driving at 20 MPH, then the car malfunctions, and you start going 120. Without a seatbelt. The whole third act was one big climax, and the fight scene suffered greatly from shaky-cam.

Let's not forget the MORAL of the whole movie: Creepy stalkers are really superheroes who will always save you from anything. :rolleyes2 

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

...well they are indeed bound to be there at the rigth time to save you....

goddamn it
    How about Alucard from Helsing the king of vampires has to teach the young punks a lesson.

Hell Buffy and Angel.

....granted I would enjoy the cast of with hunter robin to do it, their "vampires" fit the witch stereotype more than vampires.

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Money. Actors have to earn a living too. Ask Michael Caine how many movies he's made so he can buy his wife nice things.

7. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

What kind of vampire sparkles?

And Bella makes me mad. Bella x Edward makes me want to kill something.

Other than that, I'm fine with it. ^^

8. Bilbo Boxhead

Bilbo Boxhead Geewunners GTFO

Twilight is so overrated

9. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are we aloud rants on these boards? Because I got a major one to let out about this shit.

10. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Ur mom is overrated.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    real mature :rolleyes: 

12. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yea I can understand that, but in my opinion actors, in movies mostly, generally have a better choice of what to act in. (unless they have horrible agents) Otherwise if they have like no money to start with, I can understand signing up for such a big franchise money-maker (sort of) at least i know I'm not as greedy as these vamp kids.

13. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

So all 3 gay people you know?

14. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

If it included Vampires fuckin while sparkly it might be interesting...

15. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    This movie can't possibly be any worse than the first.
    Or could it?

Wasn't there some Twilight stocking that sold for around $100?

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I don't follow. You say you understand that, then go on to show you don't. Your opinion doesn't really enter into the matter. Actors are trying to make a living. To do that, they have to appear in films. Not everything on offer will be good, and not everything that looks good on paper will be good when it hits the big screen. Actors are just like everyone else, wave enough money at them and they'll jump at it. Don't believe me? Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." How about this one? "First of all, I choose the great [roles], and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones, and if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent."

I realise that people think acting is a ticket to infinite riches, but it's a job. You have to be pretty lucky to stumble over a job that'll keep you in hookers and blow for the rest of your life. Alec Guiness and Star Wars are a good example of this (not that he was into hookers and blow). Yes, if you get to the top of the tree, you can make a lot of money from a film. But by this point you've got the big Hollywood house and lifestyle to support. An amount of money that would keep me happy for the rest of my life isn't going to support that lifestyle, so they gotta keep making films, and they can't often afford to worry about how good they are. If you're a proven box office draw, you need to keep proving that so filmmakers will think "Hey, that guy always brings in the money, let's cast him in our new film!"

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Actually seeing as he claims all the gay guys he knows dislikes Twilight, I think he's insinuating that you're a chick...

And in that case noodsprz

Because these kids have little to no experience in the industry but have landed a role that's guaranteed to pay off big, regardless of how much effort they put into it. Little girls and blind fans will still love them whether they suck or not, and they'll still get their money. Besides, it's not like the book gives them all that much to work with...

Only if it brings the lulz

Actors, especially new faces, are lucky to even get a chance to audition for a part. Unless you're a big name, long time proven hollywood superstar, you don't get a choice. Not if you want to pay the bills at least. Hell didn't Shia only take Transformers to pay the bills?

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont get the "my wife likes it" thing.

Honestly, this is the kind of thing you're supposed to get a divorce over.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Psh, if husbands are supposed to dump their wives every time they like something of bad taste, then no guy would ever be married :p 

20. Optimus_Prowl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    As a rising actor this all makes sense to me and your right my opinion doesn't really weigh into it. However it would seem (this is an observation) that if actors led a more conservative lifestyle rather than spending all their cash on huge houses, and other extravagances they would be pretty much set after a few films, with money to spare (this is my plan of how to run my career when I get out of college).
    This kinda translates into the few jobs I can find in my area pertaining to this as I know actors who have starred in commercials and only worked for maybe a day and still gotten payed aroud $300 for their time. Although the process could require a lot of takes the payout is till relatively large, especially if you find any area, say hollywood or pasadena, for examples where there are acting scouts and advertisers scouting for people to do a certain job. Then there would be a relatively good chance of having about once a week. However once an actor is having say 100,000 to anywhere in the millions thrown at them for roles it seems that money management would come into play and the actor would be smart with their spending and make it last for as long as possible. Kinda like Sean Connery. He's got millions I'm sure for his many films and roles because he saved up and was wise with his money and from what I know of his career he played some relatively good roles in his career.

But this just what I've been taught to know from my acting teacher so I dunno, its just it seems if actors have good money management they should be able to have a pretty good choice of roles in their career also the fact that most of the role choices, which can be a drag (cuba gooding jr.). But yea sorry if that seems long winded and a bit confusing its just my thoughts as an actor.