New Moon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by NemesisBruticus, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

News Credits:
    Wow, it's like they paid people to be living scenery, and to deliver their lines as such. Does anyone on that cast have a pulse? No wonder this shit is mocked.

2. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Gosh, you people are mean. I like Twilight. It's a good book series(So far. I've only read Twilight & New Moon.), & Twilight was a good movie. No, I'm not a girl, & NO I'm NOT gay. Suggest I am, & you'll have to deal with my little friend here...*points to pink stuffed pony* Wait, wrong one. *points to Supreme Class Devastator figure* I know you all hate Supreme Class Fail- excuse me, Devastator. He'll use his fail powers to destroy you all.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what Twilight will do to you:
    Live in fear.

4. Spyro

Spyro Banned

It ain't done nothing to me. Besides, I had to have SOMETHING to read after I finished the Harry Potter series last summer.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that....is the single most greatest post.....of all time :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

you sir, are my hero :lolol 

6. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

ladies and gentlemen, this what being a jackass will do to you!

look we know that out of 100 men on this board, maybee 5 actually like it, but it's stupid to keep :horse:  and telling all the people who actually do like it that they are stupid for doing so.

there is NO prescident for vampires, the things that we have for vampires were started by the movie "nosferatu" of which the guy who made the movie, went totally aginst what everyone thought a vamp was back then. vampires are one of the few mythical creatures that actually don't have a set of rules that EVERYONE fallows.

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

It makes you almost intolerably awesome?

8. Spyro

Spyro Banned

No, it damns you to Hell. It also prohibits you from using any of Hell's furniture, which is actually very nice.

9. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

lol well plaied sir

10. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

I know a guy like you. His name is Kyle and he is probably in the closet.
    Also, I couldnt read past the non-"Vampire"(and I use that term lightly) part.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

I saw a movie poster when I went to see Battle of the Smithsonian (pretty good bang for the buck actually IMO) for New Moon. I can say with all fairness that I'd sooner watch a marathon of Howard the Duck and that Super Mario live-action film back to back for a week sooner than watch New Moon. And we all know how bad Howard the Duck is.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:

Twilight is bad and it should feel bad.

New moon isn't a whole lot better either.

These movies should have never been made.

13. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:

Don't talk shit about Howard :mad 

14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Watch the Nostalgia Critic's review of that movie, and you'll see what I mean. Plus I also mentioned the live-Action Super Mario movie, which was equaly just as bad, if not worse than Howard.

15. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Word. Howard the Duck is mad fun.

16. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

The SMB ruined the game for me after I watched it. Couldnt play it for like a year.

17. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    We had to watch Twilight in Drama 2 weeks ago.
    I was sad.

18. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hey I like both Howard and the Mario Bros movies for taking the series in new directions.

However I think Twilight is bad. Not just as an adaption but as a movie in and of itself. Personally New Moon doesn't look any better. You can tell that Robert and Bella (forgot the actress) have had no training in the off season between the two movies and their characters are just as awkward as they were in the first one. The only characters I had any connection to from the first film were, in fact, the dad and Jacob. Mostly because they were, in my opinion the only good actors in the film. (The other adult vamps were good too, but they didn't stick out.) That and the sense of time in the film is horribly skewed as it felt like the movie happened over the course of a week whereas it was a whole school year in reality. Also the development of Edward just abandoning Bella cause the one Vamp had a momentary lapse in control is ridiculus.

It's and interesting take on the Vampires with the mind powers and all, but other than that the movie is horrible.

19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

If you want a vampire story that is done differently that has similarities to Twilight, but is done right, I suggest watching the HBO series True Blood. Based on the Sookie Stackhouse books.

When I saw Twilight that's what it reminded me of, only it was for 10-12 year old girls instead of intelligent adults.

20. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Vampire legends are always different, but... the ones in Twilight were created by the author, who had no knowledge of those legends beyond "they drink blood".

And no, Nosferatu was made by a German filmaker who wanted to make a movie based off the novel DRACULA written by Bram Stoker. He didn't want to get sued by Stoker's family so he changed the character's names and some of the story, including the way the vampire is defeated in the end. Until that movie was made, there was no "they burn in the light" legend. Dracula just wasn't at full strength in the daylight, but Count Orlok was vaporized by the sunlight.

Regardless of the changes, the Stoker family won the lawsuit they filed against the director and all copies of Nosferatu were destroyed........... but obviously not all of them since we have that amazing film today.

Other vampire stories since then have all been different. Some follow Stoker's vampires, others Nosferatu's.

Now of course people aren't going to like Twilight. It's a romance series that appeals to a certain audience. Not every woman likes it (me as an example), and sure, there's some guys that like it. What ticks me off is many of those fans will just stick with that series and not read the classics. You like vampire stories? Then read Dracula!! Watch the movie! Expand your horizons and realize there is better out there!