New Masterpiece Skyfire In The Works?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starfire22, Mar 25, 2021.

1. soundwave144

soundwave144 #1 Best, good friend of Soundwave on the planet.

News Credits:
    Called it!
    Back in 2018; i talked to a guy "in the know" and he said that skyfire was on the table.
    Oh yeah, jazz was also part of that discussion.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Agreed on the Dibots but IMO, Phoenix is one of the best things FT has done next to RK. Is Phoenix the perfect Skyfire? Far from it, but it sure is a very, very nice toy. Easy transformation (I know, right???? For FT!!) and decen enough poseability.

I think it is the size that really wows people the most. As in, you don't know how big it is until it is in your face (that's what she said). I like mine a lot.

BUT!,

I can not wait to see what TT comes up with. We need:

At least 2 faceplates

2 Insignias

A set of different hands, not just articulated sausage fingers like Phoenix has (that's another area I do not like).

A flight stand that serves as a dynamic stand

fire things

An articulated, diaclone style human figure that fits in the cockpit

An opening door in which MP 45 can fit in in alt mode.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 3P Desperation

3P Desperation Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Everyone: Please give us Devastator!

Takara: Hey you guys remember those train dudes barely anyone in the US remembers?

• Like Like x 4
  4. The Allspice

The Allspice Seasoning is the right of all sentient beings!

Ebay:
    The face, optional decals and a second head for a more Robotech evocative aesthetic, additional accessories, more exterior diecast, better posability, improved hands, a usable cargo area, and a backpack that doesn't break (mine didn't, but the complaints were numerous). The more versions the merrier. If it's trash so be it, but I'd like to see another company take a shot at it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

I thought the whole thing with Trailbreaker/Hoist was just someone talking about the challenge of making them distinct from each other if they were going to make them. I could be wrong. I seem to remember there being some confusion here about whether or not they were actually in development. But yeah, I hope the scenario you suggested isn't the case, because this would be a project I never expected to see but would love it if it actually came out. Here's hoping he's not in the Skids "hybrid" style.

Phoenix (the standard edition, anyway - which is a whole separate plate of b.s.) is definitely not painted to the current FT standard. I think it's a good figure, for sure, but the lack of paint hurts the display presence big time for me. All the visible screws don't help either. And, like franpincho mentioned, the face (which I think is fine) seems a little off and bland. I actually really like Phoenix, but it's not the definitive Skyfire to me, so I'm interested to see what TT does. Not eager to see the price, though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to own a Masterpiece Sky fire. I am surprise they are not calling it Jetfire.

7. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    MP Raiden still seems curious; but then it's a Japanese company, so probably more curious they've not done something similar sooner.

Potentially interested by an official MP Skyfire, but it's going to be so very expensive - and does need to be huge, too.

8. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Are there really that many people asking for an MP Devastator when there are already a bunch of 3P toys and the CW/UW figure when Raiden hadn't had a figure since G1 and I think there might be 1 third party in the works.

• Like Like x 2
  9. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am genuinely frightened for my wallet. MP Skyfire will probably easily blow right past the $500 mark and I of course will buy it no matter the cost. MP Raiden will also easily surpass the $500 mark but in this case I have no connection with the character and would be only a little easier to pass up, which means I will most likely get.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot Devestator is also considered Unite Warriors. So we still don't know what size he will be just yet? Superion height or Devastator height?

11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

Imagine the size of that package from FedEx. It would be the size of a queen size mattress. At least porch pirates would have a hard time stealing it. If they do, they might suffer back injuries, and it would make for some entertaining RING doorbell videos.

• Like Like x 2
  12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Takara never said anything about TB or Hoist being in development, though. An interviewer asked a designer how they thought TB and Hoist might be handled and the designer speculated they'd have to somehow differentiate the molds, but it was all hypothetical. That interview was then mistranslated and word on the TFW street became TB and Hoist were in development...

Whether this is another episode of Mistranslations Gone Wild...I dunno. If it's legit, though, TT seem dead set on doing everything I didn't think they'd touch...so expect MP Devastator and Omega Supreme in the not too terribly distant future.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

Well I hope they don’t mess this bad boy up like Arcee. I just can’t pull the trigger on it. There’s too many things wrong with it.

14. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Ah, I see, I stand corrected then. I guess if TT mentions something on an MP interview then we TFWers automatically assume its happening, lol. This seems to be different though.

On a side note, How much is the going rate for a MIB FT Phoenix nowayays?

*asking for a friend*

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

YES!!! I'm not sure why you are questioning this. Many people do not collect 3P figures so we are dying for an MP scaled official Devastator. I have the UW version and it's not good enough.

I own the FT Skyfire but I would sell it and trade up to an official MP for sure. The only 3P figures I have left are FT Skyfire and Gabriel because I didn't think TT would ever make those characters.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Good lord. My wallet will not survive an official Skyfire release. And I just bought a Phoenix. Good grief. I can't wait to see what this is.

I'm hoping (and fearful) that he's ginormous.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Not really a fan of huge masterpieces. Like where do you stop, it gets scary.

I'm just waiting for Jazz, Springer, Wheelie, maybe a few others.

Stuff like this makes me reconsider the whole deal.

18. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

I get what you mean. Current Omega Supreme/Combiner heights in the 3P world are about as big as I'm willing to go with the line, which is still admittedly huge. I keep telling myself, at least they aren't this big:
    EIBse6ZXYAM07Lq.jpg

19. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Alright Takara, you have to go toe to toe with one of the best FT figures to date. Let's see it, I'm hyped for this

20. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

These are directions for the local Gachapon place. LOL

• Like Like x 1