New Masterpiece Skyfire In The Works?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starfire22, Mar 25, 2021.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My horribly, hurriedly drawn bash.

skybash.jpg

Given how crappy this bash looks (on my end, not the mold's end lol,) yet how much like Skyfire it already looks even with this very early prototype (we know it's early because it even lacks the vents, which I had to haphazardly add lol,) I have a sneaking suspicion his final release form and paint apps will actually look really nice once we can see him clearly.

Cp9u5nklxxs41.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get this guy a medal! He's won!

Meanwhile forgive folks if we prefer to talk about the price you actually pay. If rrp for Skyfire is indeed in line with MP-44 people will have him for just north of 300 usd.

• Like Like x 9
  3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Not hating on early prototype, but I think I'm satisfied with my Phoenix and Seige Jetfire. Just don't want to play the sell and "upgrade" game this time around. Very toon accurate proto though, I'm sure he'll turn out quite nice.

• Like Like x 3
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Lol! That's like me saying Hasbro deluxes cost $60 because that's how much I'd have to pay if I bought it from a local seller here in Japan :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Black feet and red outer lower leg armour and that's on point :) 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Onilink

Onilink Well-Known Member

MP 44 was not 450, and MP44 is not Jetfire. Apples and Oranges, you know? If not, explain why Skids costs half than Hound... or Titan Scorponok costs less than Starscream... I'm waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Onilink

He's not Jobby :D 

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love how after all this time, you guys still refuse to accept his actual price and instead take discounted prices as “the actual price”.

The MSRP was 50,000 yen, MP-44 was indeed $450, that was and still is his price. Whether you like it or not.

• Like Like x 3
  9. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was kind of hesitant to do the red outer calves because I can't really see (either due to mold or image quality) where the bits that would be red are. Based on the animation model, it shouldn't be the entire slab, but just a small section of it. But there's no indication of where that is via visible molding, so when I try to do it I just end up painting the whole part red and it doesn't look quite right to me lol. But I took a shot at it (and tried to improve his color contrast a bit, though that adds noise... but then again the magazine scans are noisy anyway):

skybash.jpg

Usual caveat that I cannot draw a straight line to save my life applies. :lol 

Cp9u5nklxxs41 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Onilink

Lol, ok. But see, i don't know who take the L, after all the discussions about preorders, Amazon, and yet. Enjoy your MSRP, that's all

• Like Like x 2
  11. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Price is what you pay. If you pay MSRP then good for you. That doesn't invalidate the price someone else paid that was able to get it at a discount.

• Like Like x 3
  12. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Nah. In Japan, figures are on store shelves at 30% below MSRP. MSRP's are artificially set high to create a sense of value and discount for the consumer.
    No one in this country pays MSRP for Transformers. Sucks if you're buying from stores like BBTS..

Anyway, Skyfire looks promising huh?

• Like Like x 10
  13. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Jetfire's price will be "whatever". Ppl were paying $400+ for a fake Jetfire, so, whatever. Save up starting nowish, and it won't be an issue. Those lucky enough to have a Phoenix at the original price can sell for a large chunk of that (if not just some, it may pay for the whole thing).

• Like Like x 2
  14. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    We'll ignore the usual 30% discount Japanese stores offer on preorder then. Doesn't exist folks. Never did. Figment of our imaginations.

Only US store pricing can be quoted from here on out.

That said what does it matter ultimately if you're never gonna buy the product anyway. Besides arguing on a toy forum with ppl that can see the bigger picture of course.

• Like Like x 6
  15. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    A lot of time that extends past preorder, Takara simply makes so many copies stores dont have to sell at MSRP. It's more a surprise that people dont accept you will pay more when you pay for someone to import it for you. No difference than the prices between the Chinese sellers and domestic stores originally.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sure we've all had this silly argument before. If the discounts on regular retail release MPs were a sale or promotion, didnt always happen, were somehow limited, etc etc, you might have something close to a point. But fact is the discounts are guaranteed, consistent, unlimited, available to everyone, everywhere. It's therefore totally valid to talk about those 'discounts' as 'the price'. And thats why we're all so butthurt when something is a TT Mall exclusive - then the MSRP is actually relevant.

But I know you have a deep need to come and bash TT all the time, so don't let me or facts stop you.

At least this ain't FT - where now you're lucky to get a preorder at MSRP at all, price will start to creep up straight after release as retailers drip feed out stock creating false scarcity, re-issues are massively inflated, like up to double original or more, maybe with a 100 USD premium to have one part a different colour! Aftermarket even crazier. Glad I got my Insecticons, Phoenix, Astrotrain first time round, but I'm right outta the FT game if it keeps going this way.

When do we see more Skyfire - figure King soon?

• Like Like x 7
  17. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I didn't buy FT Phoenix because I consider him too tall, and thus for the same reason won't buy this one. (And yes, I know, scale chart has him this big.)

What I find the most interesting, though, is that they showed him next to MP-10 instead of MP-44.

18. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think that speaks more about how old this pic is and how long Skyfire has been in development. It's highly unlikely Takara have all of a sudden forgotten about they're brand new MP posterboy.

The pic itself looks washed out like it was taken on a camera from 10+ years ago. Compare that to early proto pics we got of the new Starscream.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

That is the most likely explanation. But then why was this allowed to be posted? It's not like Generations book is some shady, unofficial book.

Still, I think you're right: it's most likely a picture that pre-dates the design of MP-44.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Better chance seeing Shouki soon. This is still probably a ways off, wouldnt surprise me if this is a very early version of the initial prototypes. Think this version is the "seeing kf things work like we want them to work and what do we need to change" vs the Starscream block prototype in FK which was probably of the finalized version.