New Mairghread Scott interview from the Mary Sue - NEW CHARCTER!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by MechaV, Feb 9, 2015.

1. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

From Mairghread Scott's tumblr. Relevant.

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    You totally missed the point they were making.

The character's name is not her actual name, it's a title from her office. The Pope has their name, and they take on a new one when they become pope. That's it, but you went off on some silly non-sequitur on how the pope is a male.

3. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Wow, I mean just wow. I can't tell if you are for real or if this part of some joke or comic act?

4. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Aww, thanks you two. At least I know I'm funny!

And honestly, the Mistress of Flame looks really... hot? No pun intended. I'm glad the Windblade team are upping their game. We could really use more female authority figures.

5. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    You're making a lot of assumptions based off of a single sentence. It's a simple case of they have an opinion and I don't agree with it. But I'm not telling anyone that they can't feel that way. Apart from that one sentence(where the point of the post was correcting someone using incorrect information as part of their argumnent AGAINST those who dislike the design based on her lack of alt-mode) have you seen me tell someone or attack them for having this opinion?

Liking a design is all down to personal preference and I accept that there are people who don't like this design for what ever reason but I'm under no obligation to agree with them. Same for them. I leave them to it and I get on with my own thing. Live and let live. I'm only responding to you because you directly addresed me.

Do I think it's a valid complaint? Sort of. I can see what they mean but there pleanty of other bots out there (someone posted Rung as an example but there are pleanty of others. I'd personslly say thst for most TF designs you can claim that wheels are probably part of their alt-mode and that's it)where it isnt obvious what they turn into. That's why I don't fully agree with the complaint.

That's it.

Actually, I'm going to toss the question back at you. is my opinion not also a valid one? Am I not allowed to disagree with the opposite opinion in a civil manner? I find it odd tharthat you've singled me out when it's the first time I even (vaguely, at best) voiced my preference. Doubly so when the topic has been discussed, at great length and by other people, earlier in the thread.

6. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    Nah, it was just that one bit of one sentence that jumped out at me. Tiny things like that niggle at me, it's the OCD in me, I reckon.

That's why I responded to you specifically, since I've interacted with you before, and you've always struck as a properly level-headed type (live and let live, as you said), so that odd undercurrent (i.e. I've only ever seen "not defending it, but..." used when talking about something demonstrably wrong) clashed with the impression I'd already made of you as someone with their head screwed on right.

If that makes any sense. It might not, I sometimes don't when I go on a ramble. :lol 

I absolutely agree with you here, and genuinely, thank you for responding. :) 

That's where we respectfully disagree, then, because those subtle clues do tell more of a story in themselves. F'r'instance, it might just be wheels, but that straight away tells us we're looking at a ground vehicle, while the shape of the tyres can hint at what type of ground vehicle.

Basically, we've been spoiled by IDW's artists. :p 

Totally valid question, and yes, your opinion about the character is equally as valid as mine, even if we completely disagree. As I said, the reason I responded to you was because it felt like there was a subtle admonishment in what you wrote, which didn't jibe with the times I've talked to you in the past.

I hope that makes my thoughts a bit clearer, although I will concede I was entirely too confrontational, 'cos it was late and I was in a bad mood, and that's completely on me. Sorry about that.

7. emptythreat

emptythreat Well-Known Member

To everyone that's excited for this I'm happy if you are. Personally I wish I could not buy this twice.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well that's interesting. I'd like to know the Mistresses actual name.

9. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha ha simp.

The pope is male. Nothing like the pope except the pope. That simple enough for you?

10. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That says legend. Legend= not true. Come back with something more concrete.

The pope is male and comparing a fictional character to the pope is like comparing megatron to joan of arc or malcolm x.

Your comment was just nonsensical.

11. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

most legends have a basis of fact.

12. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude they're not literally comparing the Mistress of Flame to the Pope they are pointing out real people who go by titles instead of their real birth given names in this sense the pope and the Mistress of Flame are alike

13. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

Hound89, TF14, this is one of those "DO NOT ENGAGE" moments. ;) 

14. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Seriously. It usually goes away if you don't say words in its general direction.

15. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    OK people, let's drop the Religious element out of this thread.

As a reminder Rule 3: No Politics, Religion or Abortion

16. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Mindbottling.
    Alright, maybe you'll be able to understand it with a female comparison: The Queen of England is not actually called the Queen of England, it's a title. The Mistress of Flame is not actually called the Mistress of Flame, it's a title.
    And no, just like using the Pope as an example, I am not saying that the Mistress of Flame is literally the Queen of England or making any direct comparison other than that their title is not their actual name.

17. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

So... you're saying the Queen of England is the Pope?

:lolol 

18. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    Seriously, you've both made your points very clear and perfectly understandable, yet ( either out of ignorance or some othet reason) they still don't get it. Just move on.

19. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Still not sure.

20. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Indeed. At this point I think Ironhide is either intentionally "not getting it" because they want to continue this useless conversation out of sick fascination or they actually do have a learning deficiency, in which case it also useless to continue the conversation because you wont get anywhere.