New Live-Action Transformers Film To Release in June 24, 2022

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Music, May 1, 2020.

1. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While i agree lets be honest Hasbro isnt going to announce a reboot and come right out of the gate with Beast Wars.

It makes since from my point of view at least to do another set in the Bumblebee universe be it a sequel or new movie all together and draw people back to the movies and then do Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never got that impression from the news. I think the two universes/films will run concurrently, rather than one replacing the other. If I'm wrong, so be it, but I don't see why they couldn't have both.

3. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats not what i said

I said it makes more since to do another movie in the Bumblebee universe for the 2022 date then do a beast wars movie set in a new universe or not.

I want both i really do but the transformers movie lifeline needs another movie to draw people in and then wow them a few years later with a fresh take on beast wars.

4. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I didn't say you said that, but I will say your post alludes to such a train of thought.

You said this: "While i agree lets be honest Hasbro isnt going to announce a reboot and come right out of the gate with Beast Wars."

None of the news said we were getting a reboot, Beast Wars (last we heard) isn't a reboot, so there's no competition. Thus my comment about them running the universes concurrently.

It actually makes sense for them to throw in the towel and call it quits because the movies, overall, haven't been great. That said, since they are making another one at least, I'd like 'em all to be good from here on out.

5. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    They don't need to be Godfather-tier to be "good". Bumblebee proved that. Also, Bumblebee didn't shill cars for any brand and was still considered a success.

That said, product placement doesn't bother me in the slightest. One can be a shill and still make a good movie.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    That’s why they moved up the animated movie.

7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Even then, I’m not sure we’re going to see that movie before this one...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree on that point, it makes sense that that they’d wanna familiarise us with what they’ve started with. The risk and reward strategy of going straight into Beast Wars doesn’t seem likely.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

wasn't there an event mentioned a while ago that paramount was going to show their film line up for the next few years over the summer?

10. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    The obvious way of doing it would be to do Bumblebee 2 (which I really hope stays in the late 80s) and tease Beast Wars either via Easter Eggs or an end credit scene.

With that said, I really don’t think “Beast Wars” is going to be the BW we know and love. If it’s anything other than another retelling of TF1/BB but with Cheetor replacing Bumblebee, I’d be staggered (and impressed).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah I expect that. Wether or not it’s directly called BB2 it’ll have a similar intention, Bee and Prime are doing stuff and some things happen. Most likely that they’ll use those Autobots landing as a narrative through line and get back to doing whatever that base on earth was meant to be for. And the Decepticons probably arrive anyway, maybe it’d be a good way to explain how Blitzwing was already on earth.

As for BW, I’m hoping it isn’t also traditional BW. I’d love a fusion of characters and narrative from all the related stories. Optimus Primal and Megatron for sure, but maybe get Longrack on the team, or someone kooky and wild like Injector.

12. DonJuan217

DonJuan217 All Hail Pepsi, All Hail Chile

Instagram:
    I\'m not very excited about the idea of a Beast Wars movie, I\'d rather keep the 90s series intact

I also doubt that the film can be made correctly in the technical way, spending more money in Special Effects since there are no humans.

As for an animated movie, I\'m not excited either

all I want is a sequel to Bumblebee and now