New listing for studio series leader “86 Grimlck Whe”

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You say that, it you should see all the salt from the movie fans.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's likelier in the short run that Beast Wars takes over Studio Series but that 86 movie characters who don't fit in WFC neatly (probably just Grimlock and/or Dinobots).

After 2021, IMHO, all bets are off.

I have said before and maintain that I could see logic in having Studio Series transition to G1 and Beast Wars (maybe with the odd Animated figure) while the non-SS line becomes a non-media or direct to Netflix animated Bayverse continuation.

The "trilogy" lines are telling new stories. Bayverse is at an impasse without new stories but you could have the toys and a comic and maybe a cartoon pick up after TLK (with unlicensed vehicle modes) as the next trilogy line while SS focuses on even more media accurate retools of WFC figures (with licensed vehicle modes) and Beast Wars.

After 2021, Studio Series needs more commercial designs. Those can be supplied with licensed vehicle WFC retools. And then the Bayverse needs more story, which it gets WFC and PWT-style with some "Netflix Anime" about Cade Yeager and the post-TLK Bayverse.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

None of those lines would fit in the SS line though. All of them fit in with Generations though. Its right there in the name. Why Hasbro wont capitalize on that opportunity and make generations a true line encapsulating all eras of TF is a good question but it seems most here want moar Geewun anyway.

Finally I wanna add. Im seeing people say 'G1 figures have just started getting good with WFC and Im sorry but thats just not true. The previous trilogy had some solid figures, I mean the TT Blurr is pretty much the most accurate you can get sans MP. There were solid updates of beloved characters and several of them still hold up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    If SS fans are mad now, just wait until the inevitable SS Hound and Starscream from Offroad Bee and Blitzwing.

Hell, that's where a hypothetical G1 style Grimlock could fit. Give him a more 80s alt mode but he still looks more like AoE Grimmy in bot mode?

That'd be pretty fun.

5. TFanPage101

TFanPage101 Commander Magnus

News Credits:
    This raises a few questions and possibilities. Could be a new mold for the upcoming film, but it could also be an old style repaint of the original Studio Series Grimlock. If so, weird that it would be listed for '86' but could open up the idea of G1 deco movie figures. I remember Movie Jazz, Starscream, Ratchet, and Ironhide doing similar things. I wonder if 86 could also be the number of the Studio Series figure itself, we're getting pretty high up in the numbers as is. We got 67 as the highest currently. Could this be the first we're hearing of Grimlock appearing in a future film? No guarantees, just open ideas.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  6. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Fortunately I’m a G1er who also likes movieverse.
    So if the Studio Series - the movie line- also considers Transformers: The Movie to be, well, a movie... then people like me win!

And it’s not like all the G1 cast would be included either.

so, how would the handle Megs?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That bumblebee mold is getting remolded for the cliffjumper and cybertronian bumblebee
    Starscream is pretty obvious

8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    I see a lot of young folks (that'll be relevant in a moment) whining about "Geewunners".

Not quoting people, just... whining about them doing things and I'm not seeing any. I'm gonna just straight up say that "Geewunner" is a dumb ad hominem because over the years it's been used so broadly that it lost any meaning it once had. It also just further plays into the playground mentality of tribes that I absolutely loathe.

The people who seem to be the most vocal about Geewunners here seem to be too young to have actually encountered any 'true' Geewunners when they were actually a problem in the fandom. So I have to assume they're getting this info from TFwiki, which isn't at all a reliable source of info.

Just... stop already. Or at least quote users so you're not just arguing with people who aren't here. :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

Or are the Geewunners now just the people telling you to relax.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I would freaking love a hybrid line like you described.

• Like Like x 2
  10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Many of the animated series since 2007 have done variations on that movie's premise.

Look mo further than TFPrime. Mature tone, Bee can't talk, turns in to a sports car, motorcycle Arcee...the All Spark.

So they don't even need to continue Bayverse (of Bee movie) to pick up elements and run with it for a series.

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    mostly it's the piles of Rampages at every store I go to. (did finally see Sentinel last grocery run though)
    and it always seems to have full-ish deluxe pegs while outside of a couple shelf warmers Siege and especially now Earthrise deluxes have been FLYING off shelves around me.

I'm not saying it's done, or doesn't sell. Just that it's been going on for a really long time now by TF line standards, and it's probably due some kind of shake up from a retail marketing standpoint.

(...and I don't think if they DO due an 86 movie celebration that means the end of Bayverse in it. I'd really imagine it would be a subset within it just like every other movie: think about how hasbro does Marvel Legends, they have Movie characters with a realistic aesthetic side-by-side in waves with classic comic book aesthetics.)

• Like Like x 2
  12. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is what everyone should be agreeing on. But somehow this thread has just devolved into ANOTHER "bayformers bad g1 good" thread. As I typed earlier, G1 is going to be the thing that kills Transformers IF they add G1 into Studio Series and every other line.

• Like Like x 2
  13. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

I mean, at some point they're gonna run out of Bay/Knight characters. A move to the '86 movie makes sense.

Though there's characters like the Quintesson Judge and Arcee being made in Generations already, so there's probably a limited number of characters they could really do (unless they make them minus the greebles and blast FX knobs?).

Maybe Studio Series could end up being expanded to include TV shows? We could get Prime characters, Animated characters, Beast Wars characters, Armada characters, hell, they could even make RID or Rescue Bots characters, all without stepping on the toes of the G1 aesthetic of the main Generations line.

14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Bayformers is bad. That's the cherry on top of this whole situation for me honestly, to see people get so defensive and protective over what ultimately amounts to a knock off of what Transformers is and should be.

The fact you just think "G1 will kill Transformers" just tells me you're out of touch.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    The coolest thing that could possibly come out of this IMO would be a G1-esque Grimlock movie design akin to the stuff we saw in the Bumblebee movie. So a completely original movieverse design.

The "worst" thing would be a Studio Series Grimlock repaint in G1-colors. We had movie Grimlock in G1-colors before and it never really worked out all that well IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I mean, that's been SS from the start. The first two leaders were from movie 4 and movie 1.

So hypothetical 86 Leader Grimmy could just as easily be in a case with TLK Leader Canopy or whoever. And if that sells well enough, they do another 86 Voyager Galvatron in a case with TLK Onslaught.

And maybe this time they sneak an 86 Hot Rod in the wave next to AoE Crosshairs and a Mohawk/Squeeks two-pack.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

Studio Series IS Generations. It's right there on the box, a big red Autobot face with the word "generations" on it.
    Studio Series, is, if anything, a subline dedicated to a different generation than the WFC line.

• Like Like x 4
  18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    This is honestly what I'm most hoping for. A sort of "concept series" where we see characters in the Bay/Bee style.

• Like Like x 3
  19. xd Accrocate

xd Accrocate Tell Megatron, 'Let's tango'

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I watched the first 3 films again this week. The only horrifying one was RoTF. 07 and DoTM were perfectly fine movie adaptations, each with their problems. AoE was eh, and TLK was just plain bad. But Optimus didn't turn into a flat-nose which is soooooooooo bad, completely unwatchable. And this isn't the thread for this argument. This thread was discussing how it's very strange that Hasbro would add G1 into a line which is MAINLY for the live action movies.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Why would anyone be annoyed at a SS Starscream from Blitzwing? They had the same character model bar the head. It's an obvious and, IMO, great choice for a toy. Meanwhile there's no reason to even suspect Hound out of Offroad Bumblebee would ever happen. The mold has already got a retool lined up in Cliffjumper and then Cybertronian Bee as another obvious third use.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.