New Line Next Year: WFC?? Micro/Battlemasters, 2019 MPM & Studio Series Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, May 10, 2018.

1. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    The HFTD ratchet not kibble is way worse with the giant hip skirts. A simple mod to the roof rack fixes all the studio series kibble and the way it folds up is perfect and slim.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I bet is on the TF2 figure being Megatron. As much as I was hoping for the full 2007 cast, Megatron's design in the first film is a lot more difficult to pull off.

Also, aren't we getting a VW Bee? Will that just be a 2018 release then?

• Like Like x 2
  3. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    Not much information to go on. Basically the next toyline will have toys.

Leader, Voyager, and Deluxe. Pretty standard.

Micromaster? Why not just call them Minicons? Maybe this is their new name for Basic/Scout/Legion/Legend scale figures.

Battlemasters? I'm guessing these will be the new Targetmasters, much like how Titanmasters are the new Headmasters, but with melee weapons in addition to guns. Like the Powercore Combiners or Arms Micron partners.

Although Hasbro's going to seem like a real bunch of dicks if they did all these Targetmaster guys like Blurr, Hot Rod, and Kup in the Headmasters-themed line when we should've had actual Headmasters like Minerva, Nightbeat, and Go-Shooter, only for them to turn around and do a Targetmaster themed line a couple years later.

The blindbox figures I can see being simple repaints of the other Battlemaster/Targetmasters. Maybe even repaints of some of the previously mentioned Powercore Combiners and Arms Micron partners. Hopefully they're not truly blindbox and are more like Hasbro's previous blindpack figures where there's usually a code or a tiny window to let you know what the actual figure is.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    Ok, so 2018 has a Pretenders theme, 2019 has a Micromasters theme, then could 2020 or 2021 have the return of Action Masters ?

If so, it could work out quite well:

Have deluxe figures of Rad, Rollout, Circuits, Skyfall, etc... and the AM buddy can turn from weapon, to partner, to AM "Engine" that will "unlock" their transformation (just like a Powermaster). They can call them Nucleon Masters or hell, even Trans Masters.

All conjecture and brainstorming at this point though.

Regardless, POTP looks to be a shorter line than Titans Return, yes ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    What would you think if they started doing Studio Series figures of, say, original characters ?

EDIT: I guess that doesn't entirely make sense but what if they had figures of new characters and new molds based upon the "style" of the movie figures ?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Provisional early thoughts on WFC/Generations:

1. Blind box sucks. Hard.

2. I'll be disappointed if Micro/BattleMasters supplant the basic legend class (rather than one of them just being a legend sized toy w/a rider). There are basically one or two lines worth of legends figures I'd love to see before we change that line up (Cliffjumper, 4 Throttlebots, 3 Deluxe Insecticons, FlyWheels).

3. I'll probably buy micromasters just to have some more people manning turrets on various bases, but that's not a section of TF lore that I was in any way interested in revisiting (but mazel tov to those who like them)

• Like Like x 10
  7. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

I wish with all the power of my heart that the first MPM from the second movie is Sideswipe

• Like Like x 1
  8. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dang. I forgot about the hip skirts. Haven’t messed with mine in a while. Do you know where I can see this mod to the backpack? He was the only autobot from SS I’d been considering. It’s like they put all they’re engineering into the decepticons and the autobots were an afterthought

• Like Like x 1
  9. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    Micromasters/Battlemasters are gonna be Scout/Legends & Titan Masters aren't they...? ¬_¬

The Bumblebee toyline looks like it'll be just completely trash that\'ll shelfwarm like balls. :/

It's good to know that the Studio Series wiil continue. An Ironhide to complete the TF1 Autobot group would be nice.

One MPM for both TF1 & ROTF? Hmm... It is very unlikely but i\'d like a Long Haul TBH and i think the TF1 figure could be Starscream.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Yes! Check out the Studio Series Ratchet thread in the tfw feedback section. The post showing how to do the mod was posted by World Prime who thought of and tried the mod first.

True the Decepticons in this line rule but I'm fine with this as the Autobots got priority in most movie lines before this.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The most incredible micros of all! I have my hopes up for some good stuff now.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

I have a sneaking suspicion that the micro masters will be twin packs (micromasters were gangmoulded in pairs) at the legends price point, while battlemasters will represent the titanmaster pricepoint.
    I also suspect that the micromaster class toys will also include single legend sized figures, A: because we've yet to see legends Flywheels (maybe he'll get released as a deluxe, but who knows). B: That TR/POTP leak from way back indicated Landcross was under consideration, so either we're going to see those bots released as single legends or we are going to see them in pairs at deluxe price point, Battletrap very much felt to me like a preview, there's definitely legends figures still in the pipeline. The micromasters may or may not include minicon ports, hasbro's building on an eco system here, and minicon ports and c-joints are the only things that haven't made a reappearance, I'd love accessory packs of c-joint weapons. Falling Parts counts kept them out of being included with figures but there's no reason not to design the figures to be compatible with them and then sell accessory packs

• Like Like x 1
  13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Sounds like that movie crap will be suffocating most of the news, pegs and shelves next year to.

Sad. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  14. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    About time we got Micromasters again. They were the toys that got me into Transformers to begin with.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    God please let that TF1 MPM be Jazz or else I don't know what I'll do

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I came here to express a similar sentiment.

One of these days they will lead me to rage quit the hobby like a spoiled teenager losing at a real-time strategy game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Ditto. I'd love either one. And you know what, I actually kind of prefer Animated's Ark version. The previous platinum retool of the Energon mold was close enough for the train rocket version for me. Whereas Animated Omega Supreme never got any kind of figure when he should have been that big one that was done for Optimus instead. All because they didn't want to accidentally have spoilers with toy releases, but then the toy releases got pushed back that it would have hit shelves right after that reveal aired. T_T We got screwed out of that Omega Supreme and it'd be flipping awesome if Hasbro still found a way to get it out even 10 years later.

Then we'd be down to only one main Cybertronian character left from animated that never truly got a real figure. (Besides Ariel and the 3 constructicons.)

And thinking about the city bot landscape backdrop too. Metroplex and Fort Max. with a standing ready to launch Ark in the middle is such a striking cybertron like landscape of twin cities with a space port between.

And even if we got the train/rocket version, the aspect of Micromasters that could still use the rocket part is pretty cool. Maybe not as cool as space battleship the Energon one was, but still pretty flipping cool for how show accurate it'd be still.

Still though, the Ark one would be neat to have, and how it could get repainted to Omega Sentinel/Ultra Magnus' animated ship. And then much later still have the original Omega Supreme to do after maybe doing Scorponok would be neat, and it could get a recolor too with the Omega Sentinel version of that.

Always best to do other versions of a character before getting to the full original for added sales oomph anyway.

They've been leaning heavily on "War Dawn" though too. And that'd mean original train/rocket and omega sentinel version. The Energon version did have the removable head for that reason though.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Ark version though. No 3p has done it, and an official G1 Ark playset would be pretty badass to have. Something a lot of us wanted ever since the very first show first premiered. I know my inner child would squeal so loud it'd break the brain windows. If any are still left.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YOOOOOO..... I'd be all about a WFC Leader Prime.... PLEASE!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh no. I would buy into that so fast!

20. Optimus117

Optimus117 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's far more likely that Starscream will be the TF2 MPM, since that version has all the tattoos, and they would want it to be as visually appealing as possible. Plus we just got an outstanding Studio Series Screamer, so...
    The TF1 needs to be Jazz or Ratchet. They know we want the 'Bots, and they're 60% of the way there.

• Like Like x 3