New Line Next Year: WFC?? Micro/Battlemasters, 2019 MPM & Studio Series Info

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by catz, May 10, 2018.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Very pleased to hear that Micromasters are coming back in some way, I hope we will get some great new bases from the bigger toys along the way.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Apocalyptic

Apocalyptic Just Another Strange One.

Or the Fallen. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Lineup for WFC seems pretty interesting. Definitely interested in the Micromasters, and hoping that the Battlemasters are indeed Targetmasters but including weapons other than guns, as some others have said.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear MPM is continuing. Hoping for Ratchet or Jazz from Movie 1 and Megatron from movie 2, though I would vastly prefer DOTM Megatron

• Like Like x 6
  5. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least they are bringing back Micromasters and not Action Masters.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Apocalyptic

Hmmm, WFC... So people would assume it'll be as in the WFC game... Which it could well be, but that just feels far too out of the blue considering.. Wonder if it'll be a line just named War For Cybertron... But a continuation of the past few CHUG lines? Micromasters being the lines gimmick this time..? I'm interested.. Cautiously excited, let's just hope they don't make everyone a bloody Headmaster or combiner bit now.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Hasbro already said at Toy Fair it has nothing to do with the game. No idea about gimmicks, but the main theme is cybertronian alt modes.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Honestly, i hope that TF2 MPM it's a retooled Prime (personally), that way there would be REJOICE

• Like Like x 4
  9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    From the Poll descriptions. It seems G1 WFC, non-game. Like the MTMTE opening with Bumblebee and Wheeljack. And maybe Jazz's hover car too. Lightpost/Telcomm post Soundwave.

So they are leaning heavy on original cartoon cybertronian modes and original comic cybertronian modes. Less game styled rounded high detailed tron lighted like vehicles, more curved boxy and classic scifi shapes.

So likely heavily JG1 styled and MTMTE styled with a dash of the orig UK comic maybe. Anything of the past that wasn't an accurate earth vehicle directly and hasn't been made yet. Possibly even some IDW random stuff like Drift's cybertronian vehicle.

They've also said that the CW Ports and TR ports are part of the engineering library, but will now only be used when it applies to the character and not forced across a full line.

So any characters that need it, will be compatible to the previous, but it won't be forced on all figures going forward. Only those that it's innately part of the character. Like say the Piranhacons if they make them. Or the remaining headmaster/rebirth characters etc.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping that the Micromasters will be around as big as the Titan/Primemasters. I know it's a long shot, but we didn't think that we'd get reasonably-small Headmasters this soon, so maybe...?

11. Apocalyptic

Ahh... Yes of course they did.. Oops, forgot that. I mean yeah, I did say it wouldn't be the game.. Hopefully that means a Shockwave at last! Not the FOC one either... That figure can FOC off... Out of most people's collections...:D 

Yep, this sort of stuff is what I was thinking... Never thought it would be WFC (the game)...A Death's Head would rock.. Yes?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Deadend

News Credits:
    Already made. Marvel Universe/Marvel Infinite for V1, and then Marvel Legends for V2.

:cool:  No comment. But prepare to eat those words in a few years.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Apocalyptic

Well, yeah he's made... I have the Marvel Infinite one, just feels too small next to Transformers to look like a threat, not even being deluxe height.. And inaccurate to the green/yellow Marvel look.. The MMC one exists, yeah but I'm not at all crazy about that sculpt.. Anyways...

14. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know that RoTF MPM will likely either be Megatron (just to annoy us that we don’t have a movie 1 Megatron) or a Sideswipe, but am I the only one that really wants an MPM Jolt?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And they will be of Nightbird, B.O.T., & Autobot X.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Deadend

News Credits:
    He may get a future Redo in Marvel Legends for his V1, especially since GOTG keeps doing well and getting sequels. So he'd fit in with those during a wave like his v2 design did.
    He never really had a vehicle mode anyway, so a full transforming version of him wouldn't really make sense.

But on that note, I wouldn't mind seeing a cybertronian Lockdown done based off of his HFTD bot mode or IDW design.

Or for that matter, some more of the Animated Cybertronian vehicles like hoverbike Prowl(likely renamed to something new), or whatever it was that Bulkhead's was. They did do Lugnut in classics/generations style. So why not some others. For that matter, wouldn't mind a cybertronian mode Strongarm either.

• Like Like x 3
  17. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Also, I'm predicting that "Battlemasters" include Targetmaster characters, but also weapon modes that aren't ranged weapons, like swords or claws, thus the requirement to change the 'subfaction' name from "Targetmasters".

• Like Like x 10
  18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Clocking in: it's my extreme hope that one of these size classes will be bringing back the Legion sized Legends of old, so I can pad that collection out again. There were even common sense repaints breezed past in that subline.

• Like Like x 1
  19. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they'll be more likely to retool him into his DOTM form, given that the only real difference with a ROTF Optimus would be hooks instead of swords.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Deadend

News Credits:
    "You can't just throw a weapon and call yourself an archer."
    "You sure about that, you sure that's a fact?"

Though I tend to agree, but tbh, anything that allows you to slay or hit your target could still fall under "Target Master". Could also have to do with not wanting to deal with Target retail chain confusion.

• Like Like x 3