New Legends EX Armada Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Purple Heart, Feb 9, 2019 at 9:13 AM.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Please hit this button a second time to turn it off.
    caps.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

Just a futile attempt to stop a stupid conversation. Do people seriously think that just because they’re standing next to one another they’re the same toy?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

That was before we learned more about it.

Stop overreacting.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Puffy Mcpufferson

Puffy Mcpufferson Well-Known Member

I....have been waiting for a new Star Convoy for SO LONG.....this is....how did they know....how the hell did they know....it's like a higher power transferred my thoughts to them, and they were like: Ahhh, Puffy wants an updated Star Convoy- let's hop to it!

And here we are now.....even more shocking: I didn't expect this from them. I expected a 3rd party company to do it before they took a stab at it- but nope: The big boys are working on this one. This is an OFFICIAL project.

Based on photos, this is a massive retool of POTP Optimus Prime (Another BRILLIANT figure ^_^)- except Orion Pax is now G1 Optimus Prime, and the trailer merges with him to form Star Convoy.

Considering Star Convoy was created by G1 Optimus Prime being revived and reformatted by the Zodiac, it makes perfect sense that G1 Optimus Prime would be the smaller figure and Star Convoy the larger one. PERFECT! ^_^

As for Armada Prime: I'm not a big fan of Armada Prime, so I'm not really excited to see a new one- but seeing as how he has fists behind his legs, it's a safe bet to assume that he isn't complete and he'll most likely have a combining gimmick that will create Super Armada Prime. Something for Armada fans to look forward to. ^_^

And that JETFIRE! (Bites his pinky) Mmmmmmmm...naughty naughty naughty Takara, you dirty little minx.....you already got me- I'm in.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Star Convoy is a PotP Optimus retool? Interesting and explains the hollow thighs.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    so what are we thinking price-wise for Armada Prime? Because with the engineering at play I'd be shocked if he's under a hundred bucks.

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $80 minimum for just the cab i'd say. it looks more high end than mainline, but is about siege voyager size

8. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Well-Known Member

Theres nothing about that Armada Prime that suggests its anything other than a standard Voyager class figure.

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
  10. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    except the split in his crotch and the fists in the back of his legs, indicating that he can at least form the torso of his super mode

11. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Well-Known Member

In terms of price point, that is. Theres a lot of talk all of now that this looks like it looks like its going to be a premium item or more high end than the normal Transformer and I see no evidence of that. It looks rad as hell - and the combination possibility is exciting. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be more than a leader class or something. Or that they wouldn't sell this on its own as a voyager and the trailer as some other price point. But I'd certainly LIKE to see them go all out and make no sacrificies and make it a premium price point figure.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Given he's lgex, and the size, and he's (presumably coming with trailer), I'd say hundred easy, maybe more. Hope not too much though. And are those minicon ports on his gun? I wonder if he'll come with a sparkplug? Maybe in the style of the new micromasters, but with a minicon port?

13. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it confirmed he's LG-EX? If so, I'm very confused. All LG-EX releases up to this point have been Japan-exclusive repaints/retools of existing molds. As far as I know, they've never released a completely new mold with no existing tooling.

Very curious what their plan is for this guy and what line they're gonna put him in, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't a wide release.

14. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its not confirmed

15. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

It isn't? Is that not what the name tags say? I don't read Japanese so i don't know. Hmmm. Then i wonder what line he's in.

16. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It’s an assumption at this point due to standing next to star convoy (whose line isn’t confirmed either) who is a similar type of retool as dia atlas and crew

17. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The name tags for those 2 just say "S Convoy" and "A Convoy".

• Like Like x 1
  18. Puffy Mcpufferson

Puffy Mcpufferson Well-Known Member

I DO have an idea for Armada Prime's combination gimmick: What if they took the duocon design from Titans Return Overlord and remolded the tank/legs into his Armada trailer?

Maybe that's how it works...

19. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    For some reason, a lot of these images turn up as a blank , but when I try to reply to complain, the images pop up. Wonder what that’s about...

But yeah, I can see what appears to be a G1 Optimus head with vents below his eyes. Did he ever have that detail?

20. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't recall that, at least not from the original toy which this is apparently based on, but I'm seeing this as a rough prototype.