New KO Voyager Size Megs

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by vproject, Dec 30, 2016.

1. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    He's a big guy. I wish he were ~2" shorter. He's more of a Voyeader Class.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron Heavy Metal Flamewar

News Credits:
    I'm fine with that. More like Ultra class returns!

My Megs has been "in transit" since 6am. Which means North Houston Sort has been playing hot potato with it. Not getting it today, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chap

Chap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    Did Smartlulup end up shipping these with the retail box? I noticed some people seem to have theirs.

5. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine (from Smartlulup) did not come with the original packaging. He was bagged and his accessories came in various other bags.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Just got mine.

Came packaged in brown mailer. Nice box in perfect condition. Opened it up and kinda Wierd, there is a bottle of nail polish inside with some label on it. I'd assume it's to be applied if he gets floppy.

Nice sword, kinda dorky face. Probably a result of the upsize process but without doing any refinements.

Not bad for the price. Not nearly as nice as Mp10v but I guess it's about 2/3 the price. Materials are definitely KO. Don't expect no premium materials. Everything is tight except for the hips. Like a 6.5/10 in terms of tightness.

Kind of hollow and light, but by no means bad. Just kinda got to know what to expect. IMG_20170201_145736.jpg IMG_20170201_145744.jpg IMG_20170201_145739.jpg

Still available if anybody wants to order one. Order info here

Pm me if questions.

7. Fenz

Fenz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    Too small.

I'm wondering if the KFC poseable hands for Acid would work? I'm not spending $18 until im sure. I don't buy multiples, or customize so, I don't have many spare figures. I'm also refraining from taking Sunstorm apart just to see.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  9. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Mine arrived this morning, it's the one I bought from @rubadubspawn after buying one from AliExpress. It came in a great box and was packed nicely.

This guy's really big. 8" to top of his head, 8.75" at the top of the back barrel.

Here he is with my son's Dinosaur King:
    DSC_0513~01.jpg DSC_0521~01.jpg DSC_0516~01.jpg DSC_0517~01.jpg

All in all I'll give'em a 7/10. Not bad for a $40ish kinda Leader-sized G1 Megatron.

I really like his asymmetric arms, especially the shoulder pauldron. His proportions are great, and his legs have some nice articulation (the hips on mine aren't very loose either).

What I dislike most is that the range of motion on his left shoulder sucks because of what looks to be a clearance issue because of the pauldron. I'd say it only rotates forward & back 30° each, and the pivot is limited so that he can't raise the left arm out from his side more than maybe 80°. His right shoulder has much more freedom.

His silver paint is uneven and thin in a few spots. His hands suck, too. Dinosaur King's are the exact same, but are on mushroom pegs so that they rotate at the wrist at least. I don't know why they didn't do that here. Also, I reallllllly wish the back-barrel and trigger backpack pegged or tabbed in somewhere. It likes to slide around on his back.

I'm trying not to nitpick this Poor Man's Masterpiece too much here, but I'd have these same gripes with something from Hasbro.
    DSC_0526~01.jpg

His face turned out good. It was difficult to paint because of the tight spaces, but the sculpt has all the lines there to just fill the spaces in - which helped a lot. I removed the head to paint - you have to unscrew and separate the eye color piece from the head with pliers before the head will come off of the ball joint. Otherwise you will break it.

In person his helmet looks way better than I think it looks in photos. Must be a depth issue or something with photography.

I took the translucent purple lenses out of his cannon. The front and back of the cannon pop right off if you give them a good tug. Then stick a pencil in eraser-end first, and push. They pop right out.

Stickers are from ToyHax.com

Lastly, with Titans Return Blaster:
    DSC_0529.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  10. Robots78

Robots78 Ow, my foot!

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That looks good with the lenses popped out. I'll have to do that with mine. Face looks great too, nice job!

• Like Like x 1
  11. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Thanks!

The cannon mod is real easy. You don't even have to remove the screw to do it.

12. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    I want to take my Dremel to his foot ball joints and shave a bit out but, I don't know if the plastic could handle it.

For $28, I don't really have any complaints aside from his scope is scratched up.

13. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    Congrats, you helped me pull the trigger on that Grimlock.

Did you use a toothpick for his brow? I shake a lot from years of caffeine abuse. I'm scared that if I fuck up, any bit of thinner is going to make his silver paint evaporate.

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awwwww, now Megs can do his nails whenever he wants. :lol 

15. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aye, I mentioned this earlier. I'm a little pissed this is even an issue because I saw a review of the Megasorry (or whatever it's called) figure and he doesn't have that clearance issue at all. He swivels the left arm 360°.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I usually only apply paint with toothpicks when it's got to be a real fine line.

On this I only used brushes for painting. Black acrylic mixed with a bit of water so that it's fluid, but still thick like olive oil.

Around the eyes and underbrow were easiest done by carefully sticking my very thin brush tip through his empty eye holes from behind. The brow triangles were a little messy BUT

Acrylic paint is very forgiving and easy to work with. Before your paint has fully dried on, like within 10 mins of application, it's very easy to rub off with a dry toothpick. Just don't press too hard, follow the contours and edges of where you want your paint, and you'll have no problem cleaning unwanted paint off. One of his brow triangles oozed onto the helmet front, the left side of his nose got completely covered, and the nose & face lines were a hot mess. Toothpick on quasi-dry acrylic saves the day!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    Funny how a little bit of paint, and some fiddlin' can elevate a figure. Looks much better with his right arm turned in.

Now, on to new hands.

(Holy sideways picture, Batman!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    It's really good. All I did was put two Autobot symbols on him (he even comes packaged with the chest plate off so that you can easily sticker him).

My kid (8) plays with him daily without complaint, though some of the gold chrome has flaked off and the dino-knees will need tightening before much longer. I'll warn you that tabbing in the chrome dino-kneck and hips the first few times are a test of faith. I gave the plastic as much support as possible, and slowly popped those tabs in and out a lot when he first got it, and the connections got much smoother. It's an awesome piece for $30.

19. Scourgatron

News Credits:
    Cant be any worse than tabbing megatron's legs together. I had to pry them apart with a knife. *Deep breath*

20. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

Open the shin plates first and wriggle the legs apart that way. They are pretty stiff but you can get them apart without a tool.

• Like Like x 1