New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mn_128875, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The bot mode doesn't look that bad here, when it's not mistransformed. But the Alt mode really sucks. Especially the cab.

Maybe if I find this for cheap I might bite, but I'd rather have something more cartoon accurate. Thrilling 30 mold looks better so far and that looks cool in both modes.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm surprised at how much is retooled and what's the same. Honestly, some of the retooling is so extensive, I'd say they're new parts.
    What I don't get is... They have a spot on his trailer for the Autobot symbol (on both sides) molded in, but no tampo. Why on Earth would you go to the trouble of molding it in there only to put nothing in that spot? It's also weird how they could've just reused a lot of Siege Magnus (as-is) with a new coat of paint and remolded cab front, but went to the trouble of redesigning almost all of his panels/surfaces and changing the greebles on them.

On the one hand, as a collector, I appreciate it. On the other, they talked about cutting costs (Brian Goldner, specifically), and this is what we get. I can't imagine it was cost-effective to put that much effort into it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm glad it's not a straight-up repaint/reuse of Siege Magnus, I really am, I'm just mystified is all. I really expected them to go the cheap route and they didn't.

• Like Like x 7
  3. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

Massive improvement over Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was unimpressed too start with, ...... however his bot mode looks so crisp in those pics, I may have to pick him up.

5. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can understand the SIEGE Ultra Magnus being a \"sylized\" alt mode car carrier since they want to pay homage to the \"car-robots\" TF version. But if you are going to retool the core bot/cab, do the same with the trailer and make it more of his G1 alt mode. I know there is some way to make that trailer the pivot kind like with earthrise Optimus\'s trailer. To be honest, I really don\'t understand why they have not found a way for the SIEGE Optimus to be the original core bot, albeit \"white\", but yet elected to completetly have a different core bot. Don\'t get me started on how those hands/arms look on cab mode. I am surprised that I have not seen a version of that idea in the Radicons section. If there is someone here that can make use of SIEGE Optimus (which had recently retailed at Ross/TJ maxx for about $12), paint em white, and find a way to custom armor the SIEGE Ultra Magnus Armor, you are gifted and should be Solas Prime. 

6. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    You know, I know technically all that extra blue on his torso is "wrong"... but I LIKE it!

REALLY looking forward to this bad boy. I think it looks great! I'll be slapping an Autobot symbol on that shoulder posthaste, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Compared to Siege Ultra Magnus, Kingdom Ultra Magnus looks like Earthrise Ultra Magnus.

• Like Like x 4
  8. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    They remolded nearly every bot mode surface in addition to the cab. I would have preferred remolding the trailer to match his alt mode better. Instead it looks like g1 Magnus cab hauling RID Magnus.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

Combined mode looks good,, truck mode and core mode look lazy and half finished.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

Siege's battle damage looks good in robot mode. Kingdom robot mode has some retooling for more G1 cartoon accuracy.

Alt mode, the front of the cab is great. And I plan on getting him just for that.

He's made some really good observations on the differences just by looking at the reveal pics over a month ago, and also covers the gap or mistransformed alt mode. The trailer is set back further so that it resembles a cab and trailer, instead of Siege alt mode that looks like a one piece bus-like vehicle.

G1 alt mode cab:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, after watching Kremzeek's review, I came away with the following:

1.) He can't accurately transform the figure to save a life. (Yes, I know Magnus is elongated, now. I'm talking about tabbing the chest piece into the legs in trailer mode. Good grief, I wanted to scream.)

2.) To get a "perfect" Ultra Magnus, I'll need both figures. (Legs/trailer and probably the shoulder pieces from Siege, chest/head panels, and cab from Kingdom. Yes, you'll end up with all the gray battle damage schmutz on his legs, but his head and chest will look good and his vehicle mode will close up better and be more solid. This one looks like it wants to fall apart if you sneeze wrong.)

3.) I'm still impressed with what they did change when they could've left it kind of "meh" and just changed the cab.

12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Honestly, it was an unneeded change because it's pretty common these days to see a car carrier that is a cab and trailer, but the frame of the trailer wraps around the cab like on the Siege figure

• Like Like x 2
  13. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I guess Kingdom Magnus no longer hauls cars. Looks like he switched to transporting livestock.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Looks fine to me. Would it be nice if we could have say, Voyager Optimus Prime(Earthrise is.), and Armor that attached to him like G1 Magnus? Hell yeah. But I’ll take this for now.

15. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

The funny part about the sale was that they had Siege Astrotrain and Earthrise Astrotrain on the shelf at the same time. Same figure but only the Siege version was on sale. I'm sure that was super confusing for parents/grandparents buying toys for Christmas.

Yes I will most likely wait and see if UM is a shelf-warmer.

16. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He works for circus that transports a rhino, a gorilla, a cheetah, a white tiger, a rat and raptor

• Like Like x 4
  17. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

LMAO

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mrhawkprime

Mrhawkprime Robomerc

really hope we get a generation select version of this figure as Delta Magnus.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hot Rod 1986

Hot Rod 1986 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Make the vehicle mode more G1-ish, THEN repaint him to Delta Magnus. :) 

20. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

It kinda both is and isn't at the same time. :?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.