New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mn_128875, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Reminds me of POTP OP/NP, who also had decent bot modes, terrible alt modes and kibble-tastic core bots.

2. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Looks like there was a plan to have an autobot symbol on the trailer right behind the cab but it got budgeted out. There's a molded spot clearly intended for an autobot symbol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    I should have waited for this version to customize. I hope it gets osko too.

4. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    Yeah, moving that connection point for the trailer forward really exacerbates the problems with the alt. mode design.

It's still a fine combined robot mode though (if Siege was fine in your eyes) even if the muh-geewun remolding ate up most of the leftover budget they had to allocate to the toy (seeing as BW Megatron was a completely new tool and got the lion's share of budgeting). As annoying as it may be, there will be some exceptional Minor/Repaint threads in Radicons when this guy releases and people do the touch-ups/cannibalize/franken the Siege release with this one to make their ideal Magnus.

I'm personally going to wait and see. Canadian distribution has been ass for a long while and I'm wondering if I'll even see him on shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    It looks incredibly good. Pre-ordered.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No, they don't. But it's an option and a cheap one. Even a White sharpie marker would probably take care of it.
    And God forbid, Hasbro do the right thing and not paint pegs where the paint would rub off and be accused of poor QC. C'mon, man, you know better than this. Hasbro almost NEVER paints pegs for this reason alone.

7. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been covered in this thread. For anyone interested in the Siege version of Leader Magnus in Canada, Toys R Us did a massive restock of Siege stuff before Christmas and it was all on sale for 50% off at the time. If there is still tons of Siege stock they will do it again. I haven't been to the store since (and we are in lockdown anyway) but at the time there were TONS of Siege Leaders and Voyagers. It was actually comical how many there were. The shelves were exploding.

It was annoying for me because a few months earlier I was trying to find Siege Thundercracker for my son and I ended up buying one on Ebay from China because it was the only reasonably priced one I could find. And then a few months later there were 100s of Thundercrackers at TRU for $20 CAD. What a kick in the nuts that was!

Back on topic I think the combined bot mode looks better than the Siege version but the cab is a disaster and the truck mode is an abomination. I really want a Magnus for my Unicron / SS86 display and I'm tempted to get him. But that alt mode is really making me hesitate. Also the bot mode doesn't match the SS86 and Kingdom figures from the '86 movie that well. I really wish they would do a proper SS86 version but I'm assuming that isn't happening.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The white certainly looks better than Siege.

9. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

It will most likely be available for Target's Easter sale or just randomly drop in price on Amazon. Walmart clearance is also an option. Worst case scenario, he'll be at discount stores everywhere.

I bought my Siege UM for $30 and the NF one for $24. Well worth it at that price.

• Like Like x 3
  10. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I passed on Siege because I don’t like the RiD alt mode. This one’s making me appreciate the RiD alt-mode.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This looks fantastic! The robot mode is perfect, and the head-sculpt is phenomenal. The picture of Magnus with Hot Rod and Kup really shows just how far Generations has gone up in quality in just the last few years

There are not enough likes in the world for this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Rumor mill says it was supposed to be ER OP mold with new armor. Obviously didn’t happen.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I like it. It's a cheap alternative to MPMAGNUS and a good retool imo. They remolded the shoulders, lower legs, the chest, the head, & even the inner bot got a rehaul. I like the pillars & missiles better and they even turned the pho-wheels to actual wheels. They look good too!

This is wave 2?

• Like Like x 1
  14. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I can understand the SIEGE Ultra Magnus being a \"sylized\" alt mode car carrier since they want to pay homage to the \"car-robots\" TF version. But if you are going to retool the core bot/cab, do the same with the trailer and make it more of his G1 alt mode. I know there is some way to make that trailer the pivot kind like with earthrise Optimus\'s trailer. To be honest, I really don\'t understand why they have not found a way for the SIEGE Optimus to be the original core bot, albeit \"white\", but yet elected to completetly have a different core bot. Don\'t get me started on how those hands/arms look on cab mode. I am surprised that I have not seen a version of that idea in the Radicons section. If there is someone here that can make use of SIEGE Optimus (which had recently retailed at Ross/TJ maxx for about $12), paint em white, and find a way to custom armor the SIEGE Ultra Magnus Armor, you are gifted and should be Solas Prime. 

15. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    I managed to snag an Astrotrain during that massive 50% off restock. Only reason I tolerate the minor quibbles and problems that've popped up on the figure over time. I will say that the massive shelve presence in my area was wiped out over night as the sale kicked off proper though (probably scalpers at doors in the morning). There were slim pickings when I stopped by after work.

If you're hesitating, I say wait.

Kingdom is only just appearing where we are and there may yet be more supply if you do decide you fancy UM later on. Hell, we might have a sale for shelf-warmers by that time. I've only seen Rattrap so far though, so... yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  16. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    An UMagnus Powermaster Prime transformation style. That could work.
    Me too.

As a huge Armor UM fan like the 86 toy, I also share your sentimental on both points. Yup, it's going to be along time before we get another G1 Armor UM release. I just wish this was put with more effort. I can see it, if they make SS G1 UM, it will be in the same route as MP22. That would be a redundant for me. Kingdom UM will join my Siege and BPF UM despite all the flaws which I anticipated once I learned it was a Siege retool. My nitpicky, they could've at least color his chest to match the toon/mp22... and the Autobot insignia on the right shoulder.

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Looks better to me than the SIEGE mold(from what was said prior to comparison pics being shown, I figured it might look worse). Could’ve used more retooling but looks like an improvement to me nonetheless.

• Like Like x 3
  18. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So glad I waited for this instead of rushing to buy the Siege one. Now I can contemplate on which one I want.

19. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

I\'m only interested if it gets retooled or recolored into someone else. Which it could, given its already a retool of a figure from the last line and not too budget intensive.

20. Death Dancaa

Death Dancaa Rocknrollicon

Nope. Not worth it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.