New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by mn_128875, Jan 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Since I don’t own Siege Ultra Magnus, I’ll gladly take this one as I was waiting on an Earth mode.

Still doesn’t excuse the mess in vehicle mode though

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm honestly surprised by the negative consensus here. I think this guy looks great. I was very hesitant to get the Siege version and only got him on clearance. I think this version looks far and away better than the Siege one. The colors pop more and they did a good job blending together the remolded flatter parts with the more detailed Siege parts (better than Earthrise Ironhide/Ratchet, anyway). I also vastly prefer the more solid construction of the trailer. The new cab looks pretty decent too.

The one glaring flaw is the area behind the truck cab, with the arms sticking out. This was a problem on the Siege version too, but is amplified here because it can't hide behind the guise of an "alien" vehicle. It's still not bad, and the combined robot mode looks so good it doesn't really bug me.

• Like Like x 8
  3. VectorOracle

VectorOracle Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For everyone who didn't get Siege Magnus and would prefer that mold, you can also find Netflix Magnus for relatively really cheap at BBTS, and you get some Play-Doh, Rung, and some Energon cubes with it as well.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    This one would be better if they hadn't altered the location of the connection point for the trailer

• Like Like x 8
  5. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't know if you're interested in that version, but some online retailers have the Netflix version available for around $35. It has inconsistent battle damage but has the little added bonus of Candy Rung (and some Play Doh).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would've bought it then, but that gap is even unsightlier than on the Siege version.

• Like Like x 3
  7. DeadassMango

DeadassMango Head of the MPM Brawl Fanclub

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    What am I missing, why does everyone hate him? I keep seeing such negative comments. What's wrong with this figure compared to the Siege version? (Or did people hate that too).

• Like Like x 5
  8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    The Siege version did a better execution of what it tried to be (Cybertronian mode).

• Like Like x 4
  9. DeadassMango

DeadassMango Head of the MPM Brawl Fanclub

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Now looking more in depth at the pictures, the siege version does look better. Just get me the ER Prime instead.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Good grief, what a waste of a figure/product slot...
    Honestly, the mold doesn’t look that bad, the details look pretty good, way too fat for my taste, but not too off model.
    What I don’t get though, is that Hasbro’s saving probably 40% of the mold cost, and yet they don’t paint the red on the chest, the blue borders on his shins, and though the original didn’t have all that scaffolding in the middle of his trailer in truck mode, they really should have painted that gunmetal or some other color to help accentuate the front and back “pillars” that are accurate to his G1 vehicle mode.
    Just all around really lazy effort. Skip for me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Honestly, Magnus' appearance could easily be fixed with a simple upgrade. A shield that plugs into the fists in vehicle mode that wraps around to double as a sleeper compartment for the cab

• Like Like x 13
  12. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still loving the look of this figure, especially when it's a nice brighter white than the Siege version. Being a retool of that toy, you should know that reusing the Earthrise Prime mold was never a viable option. This Magnus is exactly what I was hoping for and I'm selling my Legends figure for it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

There are certain little things I like about the earthrise over the siege: shoulder stacks in bot mode, the missiles, the leg armor, and the headsculpt is nice enough. But not gonna lie, the extra blocky nature of that ER core bot, along with the pasty white bwathom (sbemail "isp" in case you didn't catch my reference) clashing on the back in armor mode are both juuuust enough for me to maybe sleep on buying this one.

14. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I guess that means the shoulder armor is unlikely to attach to the shoulders securely again.

15. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

Well Kingdom Magnus is more proof that Seige/WFC trilogy was a mistake. All it did was cheat fans out of proper G1 updates, AGAIN!. I will take Earthmodes and BW over that overrated line of things that turn into bricks covered with bird-shit!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be happy if DNA Design came through on this, but I would rather not want it paired with the thigh extension upgrade they did previously. I don't think that really improves the figure, he's pretty fine height wise as is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The robot mode looks perfect to me, but the vehicle mode just feels... Wrong. The cab worked better on the original, as the arms hanging out on the back were less egregious, and they at least were covered up by the trailer. But on this figure, they're visible and distracting. The cab also looks like it has blocks removed or sticking out, like the moon rocks from Mario Odyssey. It's not smooth like I would have wanted. I also don't like how the trailer sticks out. I can see what they were going for, but it doesn't work.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I\'m in the minority here, but these comparison pics made Kingdom Magnus grow on me quite a bit. Obviously there are some very glaring issues...the back half of that truck cab is flat out ROUGH and the inner robot\'s proportions are bad...but there\'s actually more remolded on it than I thought. At the end of the day I\'d have preferred a new armor shell for the Earthrse Optimus mold but I\'m considering getting this now whereas before it was a definite skip.

• Like Like x 6
  19. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, I think the actual robot mode is good, and I prefer the visor, chest area, wheels, and the gun metal gray gun. But the unarmored mode looks bad, and so does the vehicle mode. I may have bought this if I didn’t have Siege Magnus. I mean, I’ll be keeping them in robot mode anyways. Idk I might just sell my Siege Magnus and keep the two extra guns and buy this guy. It’s not a real want for me, though.

20. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Eh I like it, but man those hands. Like the single most glaring flaw in the Siege mold and not only did they not fix it, they forgot to hide it under the couch when company came over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.