New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jan 13, 2021.

1. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

I have the Siege Ultra Magnus but I am not a fan of battle damage on my figures. I will be getting Kingdom Ultra Magnus for the clean G1 look. Plus, the white-white coloring on Kingdom Ultra Magnus is smooth.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I feel. I know the figure has a lot of compromises but at the end of the day, the stuff that really matters to me more looks great. Obviously, to each his own. I have no regrets pre-ordering him.

• Like Like x 5
  3. WestcoastFanboy

WestcoastFanboy Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I'm waiting for this to go on sale

• Like Like x 9
  4. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Going to cop and wait for a good upgrade kit for extended height and whatever clever goodies they make to make him appear more G1

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    Very torn on Kingdom Magnus. It’s pretty evident that they more or less cobbled it together after the White Prime idea fell through, and it’s ROUGH.

I do like everything about the robot mode and I like the fat inner robot more than Siege. The alt mode is just in shambles.

Maybe I’ll get him if he goes on a sale. The 86 collection is really weird without him. Hopefully 3P remakes the entire robot mode, as the Siege one wasn’t great to begin with and the retools just simply added salt to the wounds.

• Like Like x 9
  6. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

I’m just irked that they didn’t fix that atrocious stance he’s stuck in due to his ankle positioning.

7. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I really don't see what's stopping DNA Design or some other third-party company from mustering up some new armor kit that features leg pieces that aren't just a mini retool of Seige Magnus' leg armor and also fixes his ankle positioning. (Apart from maybe the still-ongoing pandemic.)

• Like Like x 2
  8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    I think the next Ultra Magnus will be a Core Class white Optimus Prime with trailer armor sold as a deluxe. The holes on the front of the cab don't really do anything else. If they don't, a third party will.

• Like Like x 2
  9. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    I don't like the battle damage either. I'm really particular about how it and cell shading look. He'll get touched up like I did with my WFC UM. The biceps are white now along with a few other additional touch ups.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    3PFL!!!

Mag9.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I'm kinda embarrassed to admit this, but....where did the smaller White Prime thing for UM come from? Is it a comic thing?

(I know the G1 version had this...but still)

I'd love an all in 1 UM, like CW did. I loved that UM, but I wasn't too into the stylized look of it.

I'm def in for this ER Magnus, 100% ...but I really wish they went the extra mile to really convey the ER look.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's from the G1 toy

• Like Like x 6
  13. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured as much.

AS MUCH as I love G1, maybe it's time to let it go, for this character at least. lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hot Rod 1986

Hot Rod 1986 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It was also featured in the Dreamwave comics.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Man, I remember what a game-changer City Commander was, despite how poorly it gelled with the Classics Magnus aesthetically.

I mean, this is only the third ever official toy to do the white Prime in armour thing, (there's been plenty of toys that are just white Prime by itself) the first being the G1 original, and the second being Siege.

• Like Like x 6
  16. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The original IDW series also used the idea of Ultra Magnus being someone in a suit of armor, but it wasn't an Optimus copy.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to be tuning that part out. Before the WFC trilogy brought it back, Ultra Magnus was either white repaints of Optimus Prime (80% of the time), an extensive retool of Optimus (5% of the time) or its own mold that went straight to the armored mode or something similar (10% of the time).

• Like Like x 3
  17. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Honestly, I wouldn’t be too mad if Hasbro totally d-bags us all and makes an excellent mini Masterpiece Magnus for SS86 next year. I think a lot of people are seeing this as an either/or situation with Kingdom being the result and no potential now for a better toy, but I think they have to make the Kingdom one to squeeze some more cash out of the mold, but I really hope we get a better update, since figures like Cyclonus (granted it’s Kingdom) and Hot Rod are so good.

• Like Like x 3
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm still bummed that they didn't go with using the white ER Prime mold idea. That would've been a far better way of giving us an updated earth mode G1 Ultra Magnus that works.

That's basically what I'm thinking and hoping for as well. If there was a moment where they can release a kit that can greatly improve upon a figure like Kingdom Magus this is the perfect time to do so. In the meantime I'll be sticking with using the Takara Legends Ultra Magnus with the PE Core Magnus upgrade figure to act as my Earth mode G1 Ultra Magnus.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Just because it was ignored by Sunbow and Marvel, that doesn't mean the white Optimus Prime in armor wasn't an integral part of who Ultra Magnus was in G1. Hasbro seems to try to ignore this - even ignoring it in the Netflix WFC cartoon for some reason - but for those of us who owned the original Ultra Magnus toy, it's who Ultra Magnus is. Even when watching the cartoon or reading the comics, I envisioned a white Prime under the armor. It's not something I am or will let go of when it comes to the G1 rendition of the character. I'm fine with Animated or Prime serving up their own takes - but G1 Ultra Magnus is a white Prime in trailer armor, end of story. Any G1-homage toys that don't have a white Prime core are, to me, taking short cuts.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Hot Rod 1986

Hot Rod 1986 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, there is no possibly way this is the last Ultra Magnus to be made by Hasbro. Maybe they won't make one for a few years, and it could be better or worse than this, but I'm not going to spend money to settle for a figure I am not satisfied with.