New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

Just received THF-04 posted some pictures in case anyone is interested in the alt mode scale with WFC deluxe vehicles. I'm definitely using this for alt mode (for me for display), and my Siege UM for robot mode (for my son to play with).

THF-04 The Hyper Magnum (KO MP-22 Ultra Magnus)

2. Astrus Prime

Astrus Prime Well-Known Member

Geez Magnus, you really let yourself go after getting to Earth. If Ratchet saw you he'd blow a gasket.

...Wait, nevermind.

At any rate, I somehow do not see this thing selling well. I think you can still find Seige Magnus at some stores, and he at least comes with a God Magnus alt mode homage.

• Like Like x 2
  3. FD3S

FD3S 3rd Generation RX-7

The current Magnus situation is far from perfect, but at least we have options. If you want a G1 style robot mode and don't mind the (admittedly very good) RiD Magnus truck form, than the Siege/Earthrise versions are up your alley. If your priority is a more G1 style vehicle mode, the CW version fits the bill while still having a solid robot mode. Dunno what Hasbro'll give us for him next but I'm definitely interested!

• Like Like x 4
  4. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Ugh, Ton Ton please turn those shoulder missiles down....was killing me to watch the bot mode review like that.

Please.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    No trailer articulation is appalling. This is the second release of the mold and they still haven't given it a singular swivel that a toy 30+ years older had.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's because the way this mold and trailer works it can't have a swivel. It's not appalling, it's simply the way it was engineered

• Like Like x 7
  7. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Surely if they went to the bother of retooling the full cab mode, head, chest they could have done something for the truck swivel.

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The trailer has no actual floor due to how it becomes armor, it connects to the cab in a way that wouldn't allow for a swivel. Retooling the front of the cab and some pieces on the trailer is not the same as reengineering the trailer to function differently.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Skavatar

Skavatar Well-Known Member

they could have used ER Prime's legs. And since the 2 black guns from Siege are missing they could have used that plastic to create a swivel connector.

if there's enough interest i'm pretty sure someone like @wheeljackfan16 could 3D print some kind of swivel assembly to make it work. General Upgrade Kits Thread

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And now you are talking about mixing parts from two different molds that aren't compatible and would also need retooling since the ER Prime legs don't have a way of connecting to the existing leg armor. Again, reengineering a figure to work differently is not the same as a simple cosmetic retool.

• Like Like x 4
  11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The original Siege mold was trying to homage RID01 Ultra Magnus/Car Robots God Magnus in the alt mode thus the reason why there was no trailer articulation. For Siege Magnus there was at least a good excuse for it. That being said I agree that with Kingdom trying to give us a more G1 accurate Ultra Magnus it doesn't work especially since they could've at least retooled the trailer to at least do that.

• Like Like x 7
  12. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they could have at least redesigned Magnus to come apart like SS86 Kup to recreate the scene from the movie where he is blown apart

• Like Like x 2
  13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    They didn’t bother moving the smokestacks to somewhere reasonable so I’m not surprised.

Yeah the alt mode on this thing is a hot mess.

• Like Like x 4
  14. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no interest in this Magnus whatsoever or any other Siege redos, but with all the flack this guy gets and all the praise all other Earth modes get, it seems they would have better off doing a clean deco Magnus and calling it a day.

15. Goldenclaw55

Goldenclaw55 Combaticon

News Credits:
    I want this version of Magnus, but unlike other Siege remolds into Earth Modes, this particular figure had a lot of nitpicky issues that stood out like a swore thumb, like his terrible thighs and ankles. Those issues could've been easily fixed when remolding it for an Earth mode, but instead they did the bare minimum. You have earth modes like Smokescreen, that for the most part adds to the figure by giving it a more streamline look, Optimus that redoes the way the figure deals with it's kibble, but then who have Ironhide and Ultra Magnus that just takes the existing mold with it's problems, and adds more problems to it.

• Like Like x 4
  16. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

Tbh I think they should have stuck with the God Magnus homage in vehicle mode. The engineering just lends itself to that vehicle so much more, and while it of course wouldn't be G1 accurate I think it would look far more cohesive.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I'd love this, because I will no way buy this one, I wouldn't buy the last one. I always only buy the good looking figure. And we have come that far, that I don't even buy figures anymore that are basically awesome, but are not perfect. Like Earthrise Prime. They made the mistake and showed they can do the legs better with the previous version. That was enough for me to not want it at all. Because I know they can do better.

If we did get straight from Classics to Earthrise I would probably be like "OMFG, how is this possible?! can't get any better, he's perfect! Will never be better than this!!!111"

Really a weird place to put me in. But hey, from this place I save money :lol 

If they want to get my money more than they should, they must not do something in a previous version, that's better than in the successor. They need to design the perfect toy first and then go down from there and cut corners and then they can release they same toy every few years, they just ONCE designed and only made like 6 lesser versions after that to sell before.

THAT's how they can get all our money. :lol 

Or Maybe that was their plan all along and they accidentally released the first 2 toys in the wrong order :lol 

Anyway, looking forward to the next Ultra Magnus toy, that will fit my new Season 3 shelf. So that I can finally put my current Ultra Magnus to my Lost Light shelf.

To me still the best Ultra Magnus mold and the best looking Ultra Magnus. Of course for a cartoon style Ultra Magnus he needs to look less awesome. But he definitely needs to look better than what they released the last 2 times (or 3 if you count Netflix). :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  18. stprime

stprime THE Prime that the Matrix refused.

News Credits:
    I want it as I love all things UM. I hope it is OS like WFC was.

Is this our “SS ’86” UM? Has that been stated anywhere?

19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no SS86 UM so this fills that spot, just like ER Arcee and Siege Springer fill those spots

• Like Like x 2
  20. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Yeah, this was made to fill that niche, and Hasbro apparently is aware of how compromised it is, but there are no current plans for a new Magnus.

I personally really love the look of the robot mode, to the point where I think I can overlook the half-assed truck mode. Even then, I at least like the front half of the truck more than the squished Siege one, which lacked the coolness of the RID Magnus' beefier cab in my eyes.

• Like Like x 5