New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jan 13, 2021.

1. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The point I was trying to make is that it seems to be outside of HasTak's ability or budget to create an Ultra Magnus that both has a transformable cab robot, as well as a trailer that turns into a fully articulated suit of armor without partsforming. In order to accomplish that with the CW mold you have to buy a completely new cab robot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phoebvs

Phoebvs Well-Known Member

A rumor of two Commanders coincides with a rumor of Kingdom Magnus initially being planned as white ER Prime in Magnus armor.
    I suppose this idea was postponed (and hopefully with a bigger budget) when two Commanders popped out, thus freeing up the slot for a small retool.
    Sorry, but they could have done more for a Leader. I believe they have other Leader designs on shelves, but, no, they went with this one, so I can only think of it as "buy one now, then a better one later".

3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Sure they "could have done more", but they weren't able to (if that was even feasible at all in the first place without still being as messy looking in one of the modes as the Kingdom Magnus we did get). But I'm sure any chance of doing the full ER Prime in Magnus armor on the leader class budget probably got axed for Beast Megatron and the future Galvatron, if it hadn't already by the previous WFC leaders.

But we still got a perfectly good Siege Magnus retooled into a perfectly alright Earthrise/Kingdom Ultra Magnus, though not remotely G1 accurate in the vehicle mode (that in actuality most will have him in for 10 minutes to take a few photos before he goes back to standing on a shelf in robot mode for the rest of his days), he still looks great with the Studio Series guys and I think most people will be fine with just that. And yeah, you can always skip him and wait for the better Magnus later, but really that's true of all of these figures: Eventually the "better one" always comes along.

• Like Like x 4
  4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    The question is...how long? I feel like, after this Magnus, we're finally nearing the vanishing point of the "perfect Generations Magnus" horizon. Hasbro isn't quick to get there, though, because that means fewer sales on the journey to that vanishing point. The next one will have to be damn near perfect to get me to bite a fourth time between CW, Siege, Kingdom and then "perfect X".

5. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    Hard to say. It took years just to get to the FOC Magnus and then again to the CW version from the previous Classics figure, and then another three years after that to get to Siege. So who knows when we'll see Magnus again in the Generations line? I mean I'm sure we will, it's Ultra Magnus, he'll come around again, but while patience may be rewarded I think I'm in the camp of buying the Kingdom one for now and being happy with it rather than wait maybe another trilogy or so for "perfect X" to come around.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Phoebvs

Phoebvs Well-Known Member

Hasbro is a big corporation with enough staff and talent. They are able to and probably even have designs ready, they decided not to.
    Why? Something, something, profit margins :)  (which is fully understandable, just not to my liking).

I believe they will find a way to make sure that Commander Magnus can not satisfy all the needs :D 

7. GizmoTron

Ebay:
    I'm sure that's true, there are lots of designs that they go through that may never see the light of day, Magnus using a white Earthrise Prime was probably one of them. Doesn't mean it's completely scrapped, but just like how Siege Magnus likely was different than what could have been in PotP had he won the fan vote the next Magnus will likely be something different again.

It could be a miniature version of the MP complete with the separate white robot cab, and there would be people on here (some in this very thread) who would complain that he's the wrong shape of cab with too many gaps, or the smokestacks aren't shiny enough, or that he has clip on plastic tires, or that he doesn't have missiles that can fire (as if the original G1 from Hasbro ever really did), etc.

• Like Like x 3
  8. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I've decided I'm officially IN on this!

*please help welcome Siege UM to my sales thread everyone*

• Like Like x 2
  9. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I guess I'm right with you. Will be selling mine soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    He was present in the Kingdom spoiler artwork, so I think he will be revived in some way.
    BEBE1E8A-00B5-46CE-9375-4CA044B24900.jpeg
    Either way, this Magnus looks amazing in robot mode, which is the mode I display my figures in, so I’ll be getting rid of Siege I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything in that artwork was done prior to design work on kingdom figures, it was basically the internal pitch to the higher ups.

• Like Like x 3
  12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I wish they'd just focus on the way he looked in the show/movie rather than giving him the pointless inner bot mode. *sigh*

I still like it but I just never cared for inner bot mode. also imagine hom much money they could have saved themselves and the rest of us by simply having him transform from truck to bot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We got that back in Combiner Wars. Or the Masterpiece. Or Titaniums.

• Like Like x 4
  14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    All I know is THIS...THIS is totally Badass and makes me hope this actually happens on the Titan Class Ark Ship toy.

I love how the head is the Autobot Logo just like the Last Autobot in the old Marvel Comic.

Screenshot_7.png

• Like Like x 2
  15. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Many of us never saw that version since he was impossible to find in stores back then. XD

Not all of us shop online ;)  also, I don't buy IDW styled toys. not my thing. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, well, they can't design toys assuming people skipped a version, but then want the exact same thing later. Straight-conversion Ultra Magnus had his time in the sun, and it was armor-up Magnus' time to shine again. Especially in the toyline that had an armor-up sub-theme.

• Like Like x 5
  17. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Wow, I remember my local Walmart sitting on 10-12 CW Magnus’ for weeks prior to TR starting to drop.

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    in bane's movie voice.

"Nobody cared about the mech until he put on the armor". (pat lee drew it in the dreamwave issue)

Homer simpson: :Truck-Bot magnus will have his day again". *shakes fist in protest*

• Like Like x 3
  19. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  20. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I agree that we probably won't get that at Leader class price. If we can't get a fully transformable cab robot that looks like a white colored Sunbow Optimus Prime and a fully transformable non-parts-forming trailer that looks like the classic Sunbow design (with a hint of vintage toy detail) at Leader class price, then I would gladly pay Commander class price.

• Like Like x 3