New Kingdom earth mode ultra magnus pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:32 AM.

1. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Ok, yeah, who am I kidding. I love this alt mode

• Like Like x 4
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

It's a shame a KO company can shrink the MP figure to legends scale, but we still can't get a good G1 Magnus at a leader scale from Hasbro. I would sacrifice the inner bot at this point to have a good, faithful G1 Magnus.

• Like Like x 3
  3. C16

C16 Space Nomad

That doesn't doesn't mean it's a good execution of the look.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Gunpla and Cow Master

I can deal with that.

5. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My only real qualm about all this is that I'm annoyed to have to double-dip to get the better looking armor. Because let's be honest, G1 Magnus's trailer has never looked like a real car carrier, so if it's a messy trailer that combines into a super robot, I'm happy. I'll probably only display it as a "cybertronian" Magnus, the Kingdom armor on the Siege bot, though the option for "earth-mode" is neat.

6. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

Why can’t these idiots fix the friggen foot issue?! We got amazing figures and they can’t fix one problem. /:/

• Like Like x 1
  7. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    poor ultra magnus they didn\'t do much for him but better than just another repackaged earthrise prime hahaha

8. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I really wish they'd given him new boots but the rest of him does look nice. The cab robot actually looks better somehow; still kinda tubby but not as egregiously. Def gonna get him.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mezzie

Mezzie Well-Known Member

Agreed on all fronts! In fact, IMO if a third party actually tackles this issue by bringing new design for half of the trailer (leg armors) and make the whole section can be towed by the cab, this is going to be a pretty serviceable magnus all the way until the next better iteration.

Either way, I'll get this whenever I'll see it on the shelves. Despite the the more rotund belly compared to siege, the cleaner look and the wheels actually sold me on it :dunce 

EDIT: It's a retool of siege; unlike ER prime, this one actually have screws for disassembly and perhaps, more extensive modification? :p 

• Like Like x 1
  10. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

Personally I think Kingdom Ultra Magnus is a disaster in alt mode, but it seems clear that there are several fans who like this version a lot. I really wish that the "mini MP" segment was taken out of generations entirely, to be folded into Studio Series or something new. I don't see the point of butchering a transformer toy just to chase the nostalgia of animation frames from Sunbow. Today's pictures of MP Thundercracker were a great reminder.

I understand the nostalgia for a cartoon, but I don't want my hobby to be consumed by it. The end point seems getting Flame Toys to run a new Generations "toyline" with $100 Action Masters.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

A part of me thinks just painting the bumper silver would go such a long way to making the cab look less cheap. Considering they skimped on the shin paint, they really should have given us the silver (well, I'd prefer red) bumper.

It probably wouldn't be so hard to make it look right with a paint marker.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The new cab chest has cut-outs for the lats, which the Siege version doesn't have, so that helps a bit. Leaves a weird hole in the side of the cab, but then the WFC Magnus tooling has always been a bit compromised for the sake of the gimmick.

13. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Coming back to this thread to repeat my annoyance over the lazy lack of paint apps...

Y’know, it’s times like this I really wish Takara still had balls. If we still had Legends or even if Takara had the courage to make just one WFC figure different from the Hasbro releases, this would be the one to do it.

I know it’s highly unlikely, but since we did get those random Abominus and Volcanicus repaints coming 3 years after the original release, I guess maybe in 2024 we’ll get a TV accurate, fully-painted TakaraTomyMall exclusive Ultra Magnus? Sigh.

Definitely passing on this, though. No way I’m giving Hasbro my money to reward their apathy.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Apathy. LOL. They could have just taken the easy route and re-released the WFC version, like they did with Earthrise Prime. But they instead spent several thousand dollars to update the mold to be a bit more G1 accurate.

It's a compromise to the almighty bottom line, but it's certainly not apathy.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Danny Caught

Danny Caught Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Still mistransformed, and i'm not only talking about the belt but i'm talking about how the cab is not pushed forward enough in truck mode for SIEGE Ultra Magnus leaving the arms pointing at the sky, and the fists not turned in the right way.. ANYWAY kingdom Ultra Magnus is not THAT BAD as i thought in the beginning, even if i don't like at he moment the color of his mouth, and i would like to remember you all it doesn't have the 2 big black rifle the SIEGE version have.. CONCLUSION: I'm really proud of my SIEGE Ultra Magnus even if the kingdom is not THAT BAD..

16. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I need a decent Ultra Magnus and this would do very nicely 

17. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking."

After ~30 years, I came back to collecting by dipping my toe in the pool of PotP. WFC really hooked me again. I mention that timeline only for context, as I can now see why people who have been currently active longer get frustrated.

As soon as Unicron was announced, I started building the Movie cast to accompany him. My first two purchases were Siege Ultra Magus and Springer. I am not at all a fan of the “battle damage” on either but assumed that would be the best we would get.

Fast-forward and we have Kingdom Ultra Magnus, which is not objectively better or worse. His cab is more earthen. His trailer arguably isn’t. His “battle damage” is gone. More differences are well documented in this thread.

I am starting to expect to see Springer show back up, likely without “battle damage” and maybe slightly remolded. He may even show up in Studio Series.

Rewinding to when Unicron was announced, I fully but apparently ignorantly expected to be able to buy the rest of the cast with a common aesthetic and branding. That still does not seem like too much to ask.

I’ve since purchased the Pit of Judgement; Earthrise Arcee, Alicon, and Quintesson; and Alternate Universe Prime. I have preorders for Kingdom Cyclonus (and unrelated Fossilizers) and Studio Series 86 Grimlock, Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, and Scourge.

I even have a preorder for Kingdom Ultra Magnus, but I am in no way happy or excited about it. Time will tell if I keep it. Either way, I now understand the frustration of something made far more complicated than it needs to be.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Huh? Underscaled as it is, it's more in keeping with a real-life car carrier than whatever the hell it is that G1 Magnus is toting around.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danny Caught

Danny Caught Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    as someone pointed out the trailer has a lot of the right parts sculpted but i don't now if painting the remaining parts in white e leaving the "right" parts in blue would have done a better job.. anyway the upper and lower parts of the trailer have swapped color so.. we'll have to take this kingdom ultramagnus for what it is.. not terrible but i HAD really GREAT EXPECTATIONS that have been HEAVLY disappointed.. anyway again.. it's not THAT terrible..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's as far as the Kingdom cab will go because the connection points on the trailer are different.

• Like Like x 2