New Kei Zama Death's Head series from Marvel

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acteon, Mar 24, 2019.

1. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

7 inch scale legends incoming

• Like Like x 12
  2. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be amazing!

• Like Like x 3
  3. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Sweet! Hopefully this also results in as much of the old material as possible being collected and put on Comixology. Also, Death's Head appeared just last year, in the Darkhawk mini-series that was an Infinity Wars tie-in. He was human sized there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

If you told me I could have any two comic artists work on a new Death's Head series, I'd pick Kei Zama and Nick Roche in a heartbeat. I'll definitely be reading this.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might have to hunt down some of his other appearances mentioned on here, but this is what I've been waiting for but never really expected. Zama is a perfect fit and the Roche covers are a must.

Maybe if it lasts long enough this will get him a Marvel Legends figure, barely follow that line so don't know if it will work that way but barely follow Marvel Comics so I'm clueless on both counts really.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Perfect match!

8. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

There was a Marvel Universe figure (the 3 3/4 inch line they've basically abandoned at this point) a few years back at least. DH will require some new parts, though he could also share some parts with Colossus, and they did do a Death's Head 2 figure for one of the Guardians vol. 2 waves so ... it's not entirely impossible. I wouldn't really expect one before Guardians 3 comes out though, since Hasbro seems to only put out cosmic characters during times when a cosmic related movie is out, like Guardians or Captain Marvel.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks, I knew about the Infinite but the few Marvel figures I have are 6" as well as a much larger collection of Star Wars figures the same size and that scaling well with CHUG thing. Abandoned too, didn't know about that. That makes a "probably not" less likely. Have found DH2 for $17 now that you've mentioned the existence of that, but my only exposure to that character is the cover of him killing the one I actually give a crap about.

At least I have a better idea of what to expect now. Which I realise is why you're mentioning it but still, $17 is good where I am.

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The only good appearances of Death’s Head I read were in Transformers and his original solo comic. Both written by Furman. Other writers just don’t seem to get what makes Death’s Head so charming and amusing.

I just want other writers to read Furman’s portrayal, reread it and then read it again. Don’t attempt to put your own mark on Death’s Head, just stay true to the original.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I found there was even something oddly campy about Death's Head's post-TF appearances that never quite hit the mark for me. I dropped the 1980s solo series for that reason. Part of it was probably losing Geoff Senior, but also playing him for laughs somehow made him less funny.

My concern regarding a new DH series would be that they push the episodic situational humour too much, and he ends up sort of like Deadpool.

zmog

12. Dinoprime09

Dinoprime09 Well-Known Member

This is the best news I’ve heard all day just recently I finished reading practically every story Death\'s Head has ever been in and I must say I pretty much became a fan overnight. He’s definitely my favourite marvel character (sorry MCU). Can’t wait for this new series

13. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Kei Zama's art and Nick Roche's covers alone will probably make it worth buying at least the first couple issues, but I can't say I'm impressed with Tini Howard as a writer from what little I've read of her so far (Assassinistas, MMPR: Pink): her dialogue's is just too dry and exposition-heavy and her sense of humor's kind of off. Death's Head is at his best when he is this uncompromising figure who has other bounce off of him instead of being drastically changed by his environment (kinda like what makes Goku such a good prodtagonist despite barely going through any character development), I'm afraid here he'll be played up too much for laughs as a silly skull robot who has to do or say something supposedly funny every panel. Still, fingers crossed. An artist like Zama can make even a comic with mediocre plot look excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Excited, yes?

15. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A Frank Sidebottom reference in some brand new Death's Head art? It doesn't get much better than that :lol 
    Definitely the original design for me, but I guess the reason for that is it was his TF look... I didn't really follow his later solo stuff.
    Let's keep our fingers crossed he finally becomes a mainstream Marvel character with the recognition that could warrant a range of figures. Personally, v1 MP size is the one I really want! (it really is).

16. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    This looks very cool...I reckon I'll pick up the first issue.

Heh...yeah thats a nice touch. The art is really fantastic, you know it is, it really is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    I keep meaning to go back and read through all the Deaths Head books.
    Now I finally have a reason, yes!

18. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe this will finally lead to a Marvel Legends figure production? 

19. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. The later writers miss the mark. My first choice would always be to get the Furman / Senior dream-team back producing Death's Head but Kei Zama? Damn, that is an amazing second choice for artist....yes?

20. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    G1 mp scale deathhead is my holy grail yet to be made :D 

• Like Like x 2