1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Zilch in Garfield and Teterboro Walmart - probably ransacked already and not reported here.

F*** - Of course it's the one Walmart I DIDNT go to which had them.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So, I did the longest hunt I have done in probably 10 years. 4 hours in total. I think the Hunt is a perfect term for finding these things. I was almost a hunter, I was seeing 2 Jazz's and knew the store was picked clean already and I was too late. I would see no Jazz's and know that store was yet to get anything at all. It even got to the point where I identified other hunters that were there before me. For instance, There were 3 Walmarts that had Titan Master Voyager figures that were beat to death. I figure said hunter returned those figures to get new figures.

So, if you took the time to read the above here is what I found:

Hunt location 1: US9 Old Bridge: They didn't have anything of note. Not even sure if they got the wave in, since there was no Jazz there that I recall. They did have Snarl and Swoop there from Wave 1 and Broadside in a beat to death box. The Sales associate there told me there were three other hunters there before me asking him about the wave as well.

Hunt location 2: NJ18 Old Bridge: They had the Jazz's there, so I can tell they were cleaned out by some one quicker then myself.

Hunt location 3: Freehold: They had the Jazz's there, but were picked clean. I forget if TR Megatron was there.

Hunt location 4: Howell: I kind of knew it would have been cleaned with the report from yesterday at 8:55A that some one found it. Well, it was picked clean.

Hunt location 5: Brick: First off, what a horrid store. It's the old Walmart before the redesign, and the sales associates were also all useless. In each store I ask an associate to scan the figure just to see if some one hid them on the shelves. None of them had the scanner and also were annoyed I was even asking. Meanwhile all the other Walmarts had 0 issue with this question.

Now the reason I was asking, is because I found 1 Sinnertwin and 1 Cutthroat at this location, but no Blot. I finally found a manager who had the scanner and confirmed the piece count that was on the floor. This store is cleared out with my purchase.

Hunt location 6: Neptune: THEY HAVE A SINNERTWIN. If you need him, GO!

I would have continued my hunt for Blot, but there was a burning smell coming from my brakes. Since my car is a 2001 Jeep, I wasn't going to take the chance.

The thing I don't get is, is Blot short packed or something? I am usually able to find whole waves. So to have 2 stores missing Blot is strange to say the least.

If anyone sees a blot and can pick it up to me, or even hide it for me, it would be appreciated.

3. Omegax80

News Credits:
    No figures should be short packed. Should be two of each in a case.

4. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    2 Cutthroats and 2 Jazzs at the Williamstown Walmart. The rest are gone.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    See this is what has me scratching my head. Why would some one just get Blot and Sinnertwin? And 2 of them?

Is this a scalper just creating local artifical demand? (tin hat mode activated)

6. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Gand Findsman

IMHO Blot is the best figure in this wave, with Sinnertwin a close second. If I see a Blot, I will grab it for you, but you have already hit my main hunting grounds!

• Like Like x 1
  7. wazzzzzpinator

wazzzzzpinator Well-Known Member

The new Walmart on 73 in/near mount laurel had 2 each of the wave 3 terrorcons. I grabbed a sinnertwin and blot, the others are still there

8. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Gagga blagh blagh

News Credits:
    I can't help but laugh at this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wazzzzzpinator

wazzzzzpinator Well-Known Member

Haha I never even noticed that! But pretty much I just got the ones I thought looked coolest cause I could only get 2 at the time

10. MagnusWave931

MagnusWave931 Loving this Beat

Twitter:
    Knowing my luck by the team time I go to Walmart, they will be cleared out. Still haven't found moonracer or rippersnapper.

11. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You guys crack me up. I had a similar thought when I found legendary defender voltron minus the blue lion. What terrible person only bought the blue lion? Then I did the same thing and left the same mess at another store.

12. MagnusWave931

MagnusWave931 Loving this Beat

Twitter:
    Nothing at Woodbridge or east Brunswick walmarts. Time to wait for another 4 months for a new shipment of Wave 1.

13. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

Maybe at that time they could only afford a couple so by 2 or 3 now buy the rest later.

14. GC Chi

GC Chi New Jersey

Question: I have Transformers for sale and I've already posted them in the Junkion Exchange. I'm only looking to do local pickups in NJ and this thread is the only NJ specific one. Would I be breaking rules if I posted my sale items here? (I've gone through all board rules and rules specific to each forum and I don't see anything that says not to do it)

15. Ajcrn1025

Ajcrn1025 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t see where there’d be a problem. Let’s see what you got

16. GC Chi

GC Chi New Jersey

Thanks for the support! Long-time member here and I'm not looking to spam/scam/etc. Looking to only do local pickups in around Essex County and NYC. I'll add more in coming days and consolidate.

$60 for brand new Transformers Generations figures: Scoop, Mini-con Assault Team, Hoist, Crosscut, Swerve, Cosmos, Skrapnel
    20180702_082218.jpg

17. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Agreed, I don't see a problem. Might be good for those to help each other hunt around. I feel like we did this years ago but it either stopped or wasn't as in demand.

I'd be up for trade/swap meets.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ajcrn1025

Ajcrn1025 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would you consider shipping? And are you looking to sell them as a set or individually?

19. GC Chi

GC Chi New Jersey

Selling as a set. Really would prefer not to ship at this time, but I'll let you know if I change my mind.

20. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any new PotP wave 3 deluxe sighting in the Middlesex/Monmouth area? Seems like the round of deliveries that everyone was reporting at Walmarts sold already and I'm wondering if they're restocking yet. I wasn't lucky enough to get them last week and wondering if I should use some of my time off this week to search.