New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. mightyspacepope

mightyspacepope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Deptford also has them.

2. DocBot89

DocBot89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey everyone I'll be visiting the Voorhees area this weekend to meet my girlfriend's parents for the first time. We'll be there throughout the week and were planning on maybe making a trip to New York and some other day trips. Is there anything that you guys can suggest doing or going to see during my visit? It is my first time visiting this side of the country. Also are there any toy stores besides the normal Targets,TRUs, etc. that I should try to visit? I like looking for older toys, since I just got into transformers when the live action movie came out. Please feel free to PM me. Thanks for your help in advance.

3. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know that area of NJ, but if you take the train into NY Penn Station, there is an Anime store right around the corner. They have relatively fair prices, especially for the city, and decent stock any time i check it out.

Image Anime Co.
    242 West 30th Street
    New York, NY 10001

What other areas of NJ might you be found??

4. dinorobo

dinorobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude. If you are going to be in Voorhees, you need to go to House of Fun in Oaklyn. I've never been there because I live way north, but as I understand it, they have a crazy selection of vintage toys, heavy on the TFs. Bring money.

5. DocBot89

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will definitely try to make both of those happen. I'm not quite sure what other areas of New Jersey we will be visiting. I know we are going to visit her sister who attends Rutgers. Anything cool around there?

6. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    You can hop over the bridge to Philly and see the 'Merica-type sights. Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, stuff like that. It's about a half hour drive from Voorhees, maybe a little less. And make sure you grab yourself a cheesesteak while you're here. My favorite is Gaetano's. [​IMG]

7. DocBot89

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right on! I am flying into philly so I think we will be going around before driving to voorhees. I heard the cheesecake is really good. I will definitely check it out. In Kansas City all we have is te Cheesecake Factory and I heard it just doesn't even compare. Haha

8. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    ...oh man. Cheesecake is nice and all, but doesn't compare to a cheeseSTEAK. :lol  :thumb 

9. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Well said lol.

10. krieg

krieg Dinobot Wrangler

House of fun is killer, buddy of mine got a complete Dai Atlas for a decent price. Great selection of import and domestic tfs.

If you're looking for good cheesecake in NJ, look up Mother's Bakery.

11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was by the Wayne 5 Below and apparently they had a decent number of DotM and Prime Deluxes for $5 bucks.

12. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    TRU Rt 4 ransacked. A bunch of Voyager Generations there though and about seix or seven Grimlock/Bruticus Platinum set priced at $100.

13. thetrain2

thetrain2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Tons of stuff there, but everything is ridiculously overpriced. Unless, money is not an object for you I wouldn't recommend it. Funny thing is that I wouldn't normally even say something like this because I would much rather support the local business man the big business, but in the case aside from the high process they weren't too friendly. It was almost like I was bothering them when asking for the price of a masterpiece they had to take down from a shelf.

If your looking for somewhere to go, I would more recommend going to see Scott at "Play With This" Toys and Collectibles. Not as large of a selection, but WAY better prices.

14. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nothing super noteworthy in Union stores.

Union TRU, has a lone FE Cliffjumper and thats about it around here.

15. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stopped by Five Below Wayne again... there are TONS of Prime deluxes now... more than what I saw last week. Guess if you're interested in Vehicon troop building, kitbash fodder... or want to get a stash of figures for Toys for Tots donations... might be worth checking these out at 5$ each.

16. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target, East Windsor - They had the new Elite Constructbots, Optimus, Hound, Megatron

This was super late last night, but they had a lot of it.

17. Crossbones 1984

Crossbones 1984 Delicious, eh Shrapnel?

Have to stand up to House of Fun for one second. Chris prices pretty fair when you are looking for something vintage. Usually he has to check ebay right then and there and almost always he undercuts it. I've been going for years, knowing this hobby is blindingly expensive, and I always walk away happy.

Also, people sell entire collections to him all of the time, which boggles me, so he usually has some cool rotating stock. There isn't anything else at all like it down in SJ, sans the occasional Con.

18. dinorobo

dinorobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be honest - when I buy vintage, I usually buy the best grade and most complete example available. So spending a little money on a good vintage collectible toy doesn't really bother me. I think this is one of those things that sorta divides younger collectors from older folks who have a little more to spend and don't necessarily freak out when something is expensive. Then again, I don't know how old anyone here is and wouldn't want to comment based on assumption.

19. Crossbones 1984

Crossbones 1984 Delicious, eh Shrapnel?

I agree wholeheartedly. Part of what makes buying the expensive vintage piece so exciting is that you are now an adult with the means to buy it and the disposable income to not suffer the purchase. Finding and buying the new stuff in stores is awesome, but surprisingly coming across a fantastic vintage piece is so better. Either way, happy hunting to all.

20. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is still a FE Cliffjumper at the Union, TRU

Nothing else of real interest there or anywhere else yet.