New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. dinorobo

dinorobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    eBay is super close to Morris County!

;) 

Lack of retail hunts lately has actually driven me to eBay. Probably half of my collection has come from ebay actually, since I am mostly into G1 and other older stuff. Today I snagged a few South American transformers.

2. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:

There used to be a lot of good stores that closed down, like the Outer Limits and Spastic over Plastic. down 46 out of Morris, but not a horrible drive. I miss that stuff.

Outer Limits was like walking into an 80's TRU store haha. in its original location anyway.

Is anyone else near the Union/Watchung area? I could help look for other stuff in downtime like this.

3. Optimus8404

Optimus8404 Autobot Commander. RIP Nov 2107

Ebay:
    Marshall's Shrewsbury has FE Bumblebee and Starscream. TJ Maxx Eatontown has FE Starscream, Bee and Arcee and the regular Vehicon, Kup, Rumble and Kup.

4. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Not the places I named, they are all gone a while ago now. I can name more out of business places than still existing. all sorts of comic, game, and retro type toy stores.

You might want to try Zapp Comics over in Wayne, they always had a nice selection of... well.. everything. I haven't been for a while. Maybe I might check them out tomorrow or Saturday myself.

A very slim possibility might also be Time Warp Comics. It's down Route 23 in Cedar Grove.

I know its not Morris County, but its not ultra far either.

5. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah they had a lot of nice gaming stuff so did dark tower which was also down route 10.

Anyway

TRU in Livingston has a lot of first edition stuff all at buy 2 for 10 deal. Only one cliff left. Lots of screamers and bees. There is also about 4 or 5 cases of the stuff above the shelves unopened. So that means more cliffs. They are in the aisle and there is a display between the girls and boys aisles too if u keep walking back. One of those tiny things.

6. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

The Record Store in Howell sometimes has older Transformers. Comics Plus in Oakhurst is still open I believe but they don't have much vintage stuff.

7. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I forgot, I did stop at Zapp comics in Wayne. They had a very mixed selection of Vintage G1 up through current Generations. Not a ton, but just very random. And the pricing was good and bad on various things.

$20 for a loose FOC Starscream? feels a bit much for loose no matter how good the condition is. They had a $20 loose Gen Blurr as well missing the Sniper Rifle. Like I said, feels a bit much...

There was a Superion combiner, not sure which energon repaint it was, but it was missing the hands/feet parts. only 8 bucks, but it looked like it was a bit flimsy. I almost asked to see it just to have the individual guys.

$60 Trypticon, I didn't get a good look as it was high ona shelf as I walked in, not sure how complete it was.

I know I saw a Classics Hound, G1 Sunstreaker, FOC Bumblebee, G1 Topspin, Energon Shockblast, Voyager Bulkhead, and various other stuff. I dunno, it was just all over the place. maybe a good 3 or 4 dozen in a glass case.

They had random carded stuff too. BW Silverbolt and transmetal Rattrap are all I remember though. haha those two just stood out immediately.

I guess check it out if you are curious.

8. JackHunter

JackHunter Well-Known Member

Hello guys, the new Generations Rhinox is now available on HTS site (says shipping begin
    on 12/16), go get him everyone!

9. CyanThief

CyanThief Dimension Traveler

Has anybody seen the last 3 BH Predacons Windrazor, Rippersnapper, and Blight?

10. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have seen Windrazor and Blight a fair bit across stores in Union, Watchung, and East Hanover, but no Rippersnappers yet.

I keep hoping to find that one myself.

11. dinorobo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still haven't seem Rippersnapper at retail. He'll probably show up at TJ MAXX next year for a dollar.

On the topic of the Abominus toys - I have to say that after having the toys on my shelf for some time, I've concluded that I can't stand them. Granted, my collecting leans much more toward other corners of the TF world (I'm not focused on Prime, but more on G1, Pre-TF and 3rd party). Still, I love my Prime shelves - one each for Autobots, Decepticons, and Vehicons. But this tiny Abominus looks dumb next to all of those other figures. I mean. I have him standing next to Beast Fire Predaking. It's Honey I Shrunk the Giant Monster Combiner Robot. So lame. And now that these guys seem to be coming out as Deluxes, well - off my shelf they have come, and up onto eBay.

I bought two Abominus gift sets, one to open and one to keep sealed. The open one is now on eBay.

End rant.

On another note, I have to say that not having anything new at retail has been MURDER on my wallet. All I do is fill the void with ebay and Captured Prey, and HOLY SHITBALLS has it been expensive. Don't be like me.

12. Krommdor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just like the beast forms on the abominus figures. fun to mess with while watching netflix, or avoiding work.

I'm happy there is some downtime, my wallet loves me again. lol

13. dinorobo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TRU in North Bergen had some of everything - Beast Hunters, PRID Rumble, Vehicons, Kup, FE Bees and Starscream, PE Magnus and Grim vs. Bruticus, etc, etc... and then it happened. I saw the Jetwing OP (formerly Amazon exclusive). And while I have NEVER considered a movie toy before, and hate the movie toys, and even though I knew I could get it for half the price on Thanksgiving... I plunked down $100 on the spot. Why? Because this toy is just awesome. And I needed a leader class OP. The wings are dope.

14. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

Big Lots in Freehold has Generations Legends Megatron and Starscream.

15. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Not much of a sighting but five MP Acid Storm at TRU Rt 4.

They're on sale at TRU.com for $50. This guy is gonna shelfwarm...

16. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I had to run to TRU picking up b-day gifts... and HE'S BACK.

MP Soundwave on the shelf, priced at $138. My guess is just do the usual price-match with the site and they'll give it to you. So for those who missed out on the first, second, or third rounds of these... go bonkers.

17. Smokescreen

Smokescreen RIP Jack Angel

News Credits:
    The Deptford TRU had 1 Skyquake if anyone is still looking for him. They also had plenty of MP Acid Storms, but no Soundwaves that I saw.

18. dinorobo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I was at TRU at Times Sq today and picked up the whole first wave of Kre-O custom sets. Why am I posting this in the NJ forum? Because it made me realized I've never seen them at NJ retail. Granted, I've also had a bitch of a time finding wave 3 blind packs (though I hear they are in Elizabeth, I just don't have time to get down there). But the custom kits I haven't seen once. Until today in NYC. And hey, they were buy one get one 40% off, so I got em all.

19. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are Rhinox and Waspinator supposed to be hitting retail this month or were those just for the special reviewers and such on youtube? wondering if I should be hunting for em lol

20. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    Livingston TRU has the Kreo custom sets, I picked up Soundwave and Megatron last Saturday when Kreo's were buy one get one 40% off