New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    So here is something interesting. I just called the Rt 4 TRU, and the woman said they have no indications MP Soundwave will EVER come to the store. She said as far as she knows, it is online only.

I'm getting nervous...

2. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry man. This happens every year. Grimlock, Rodimus, Optimus and not so much T.Cracker had more or less the same exact routine. I found all of them in TRUs about a month after their release. I even saw a CASE of MP-10s in a store at the time. I can name 10 TRUs in a 20 mile radius. While some people can't even name 1-2. We my friend, are luck here in NJ :cool: 

3. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So all of the sightings that have already been reported throughout the country and you want to just believe a Toys "R" Us employee? Calm down they will be in stores I can guarantee that

4. Omegax80

News Credits:
    I have four TRUs in tolerable driving distance. Funny thing, I had no interest in Thundy or Roddy, never bothered to look for them, yet they shelfwarmed for a while. Grim and Prime I got both online, so never had to think about getting it in store.

Soundwave is the one I want now, hell I passed on a lot of other recent releases to save money for it. It's always the one I actually want which gives me headaches. Sigh.

I'm calm dude, it was just odd how very specific she was about it. I called them last week, and they said it might be coming in soon, whereas this week the answer changed. Believe me, I am usually the first to denounce the reply from a customer service rep, but for some odd reason this one got me into believing her.

There seems to be scalpers running around here lately too, if you recall my story about the a-hole I met in Target when Springer/Blitzwing was released. Don't forget, employees know what these things are, and may attempt to purchase it for their own re-sale.

5. hailstarscream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well it's usually those out of the way stores that will have him in stock. believe me when I say I saw a case of MP-10s just sitting the upper shelf. Soundwave is coming. I wonder how many of us here are from or around Middlesex County

6. mightyspacepope

mightyspacepope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Target in Sewell has the Generations Legends 2-packs (the ones that come with the minicons). I saw 1x Bumblebee, a few Starscreams, a few Megatrons, but no Primes.

7. tagmac

tagmac Well-Known Member

I'm from the area, and so far haven't found anything. Went to one of the TRU's in the area today, and I'm almost certain I saw a scalper as I was going in (guy looked too old to have been a G1 fan), as he was walking in with a cart, only to literally block the entrance for a second as he saw me walking in so he could ditch the cart. Managed to fastwalk to the aisle first (which I'm not proud of), only to see him head to the Hot Wheels first, then the TF's - of course there were no SW's, so that made it worse. Now seeing that SW was available briefly online earlier makes it even more frustrating.

8. tagmac

tagmac Well-Known Member

Speaking of you COLLECTORS from the Middlesex county area, I would suggest that the East Brunswick TRU might be the worst one to find SW at. I've been checking it daily, but they never did have Prime there (not in any numbers that left him on the shelves at least) and there's a regular scalper in there as well. Older, fat jerk with a mustache - used to grab all the new Star Wars stuff, and I've seen him load his cart with Marvel as well to re-sell. He must know someone, too, cuz I've seen him ask the workers if certain items came in, and he does get helped - sadly, if they only get in two SW's, they'll probably hold them for him.

....and to think, I thought when MC Comics in Old Bridge and the Rt. 1 and Rt. 18 flea markets went, some of the scalping in EB would go away, but even with the old shop owners gone, this guy (who used to supply them at times) is STILL at it, much to the chagrin of collectors like myself.

9. hailstarscream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol. He could've been looking for something for his kids... maybe :lol 
    He's not really going to be in stores til mid to late august for East coast. My Bday is the end of August and last year is when I saw MP-10. If we combine our efforts we can help each other out. Shoot, who know's, maybe even meet new board members.

10. tagmac

tagmac Well-Known Member

I remember the last SDCC exclusive, Rodimus, appearing around the second week of August and being pretty visible for several weeks. Difference is, he was 6 per case - and I'm guessing they only got one or two cases in each store at most, since I never saw more than 4 or 5 on the shelf at one time. Soundwave is only two per case, and much more popular than anyone but Prime - that is what scares me the most with this one.

11. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    This gives me a sliver of hope that I'll see the IDW deluxes before I'm stuck with my set of 4 from BBTS.

12. thetrain2

thetrain2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow! Just was at tru in burlington. They just gotin 2 mp soundwaves. My son had to go to the bathroom so we went there first. I saw the one girl I had been talking to about them. She said they are up front you better run. Someone else just went up to buy the other one. Long story shot I was able to get it FINALLY! Jersey is in the game! Hopefully this gives everyone hope! Good luck!

13. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Wow. I said last week they pulled up Burlington in their system. Lo and Behold, I was right.

Is it possible only a select few locations will be getting these? Oh hell.

14. thetrain2

thetrain2 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I saw your post on that. Can't say it made me go as I have been there every shipment day at opening since the 18th. It did give me more hope in getting one though.

Good luck bro!

15. Vaderhater2005

Vaderhater2005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the first one in Burlington. They said that's all they got in for this shipment but they might be getting more in

16. dinorobo

dinorobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soundwave purchase at TRU Secaucus this morning. Only one there and the box is not perfect, but he is mine and it is a good sign for NJ.

17. Vernicron

Vernicron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I picked up a SW at Deptford TRU, as of 11:45 they had 1 left. also it was 138.99 plus tax

18. GC Chi

GC Chi New Jersey

My wife picked up MP SW for me in North Bergen. She said there in one left on the shelf.

On a side note, I know many collectors are jaded and cynical with all the hording and scalping. But if it wasn't for this board and the posters here, I wouldn't have gotten a MP-10 or SW. So a big thanks to all the true fans and collectors out there who look out for each other!

19. dinorobo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's weird about North Brunswick. I was there about 10:30 am today and there was nothing. A clerk asked if I needed help and I asked about it. He said he knew what I was talking about but that they had not gotten them yet. I even confirmed that it was truck day. Then I scored mine 10 min later in Harmon Meadow.

20. dinorobo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry I did mean North Bergen